Sign in to follow this  
Atway

No cooldown for heli

Posted (edited)

There is no cooldown for heli drone or it starts right after it spawned. So if you can earn enough BPs with it, you can request the 2nd right after the 1st one is downed

I think cooldown should start after heli is destroyed + global cooldown for team (at least 2-3 minutes)

Edited by Atway

Posted (edited)

I wrote almost the same thing earlier in IIRC 0.6 feedback about that fact that all the vehicles with thermal optics have cooldowns. Except the HeliDrone. Don't know, what will devs decide.

Edited by tynblpb

49 minutes ago, ZwierzaK said:

Heli should have 50% of health.

The heli is weak enough if four people start shooting at it the same time, it will explode in 10 sec. But cooldown should be at least 180 sec.

Also GCD should exist for vehicles I think. 

16 hours ago, weedtime said:

if four people start shooting at it the same time

yeah, with grenage launchers... It can bear 2 shots from RPG-7 or ~300 bullets 

7 godzin temu, weedtime napisał:

The heli is weak enough if four people start shooting at it the same time

It`s a joke ? Didn't see for long time that infantry destroy flying Heli. Last time i was flying for about 20 min in heli over C2 at Warsaw, i was hit twice by RPG and fight against large amount of infantry and many vehicles. When i fly infantry cannot do almost anything, when my HP goes lower then 40% i just fly away to the repair point. Only way to destroy Heli is UCAS-D and than 4 soldiers can hit it very fast. I can fly Heli fly for almost the entire match with just 1-2 hit down.

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, ZwierzaK said:

I can fly Heli fly for almost the entire match with just 1-2 hit down.

especially when you can spend just 30 seconds to repair it

Only way to destroy Heli is UCAS-D and than 4 soldiers can hit it very fast.

and you still have 4 seconds to fly away a little. It would be better if jammed heli will be almost uncontrollable (or add random component to controlability)

• Like 1

1 minutę temu, Atway napisał:

and you still have 4 seconds to fly away a little. It would be better if jammed heli will be almost uncontrollable (or add random component to controlability) 

For me just a 50% (maybe 40%) of health will be ok. BP for heli 4500 ?. If u cannot fly away a little it will be much to easy to destroy. Maybe not 4 sec but 3. And Heli should stay in last position after jamm, i have many situation that Heli after jamm just flyaway and destroy itself, this is the problem for new players when they can use Heli and after sec get jammed and heli just flyaway. Another Bug with Heli is that it after start fly in other way then the crosshair is pointed. Maybe Heli should always start from main base. When u destroy heli rest of it should fall down not just a little blast in the sky.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, ZwierzaK said:

And Heli should stay in last position after jamm

If it jammed not close to the edge of the map it will land, which is kinda strange. It should fall down and explode if hit an obstacle with rotor

Maybe Heli should always start from main base.

not a big change as it will take just 10 more seconds to reach the battle.

I think you should NOT be able to request it (and any remote control drones) from spawnzone (otherwise you are literally immune to loss control in case of operators death). And radars should show soldieres with active pads (operstors) in a different way, highlight them for example with other color - like radar has detected active signal. So to call a strike you should chose your place to hide wisely, not just outside of the map on spawnzone

RPG and high calibers shells' effectiveness against Heli Drone will be improved in a matter of a day or two along with cooldown fix. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

If you hit the drone, with ammo count nerf you will run out of ammo fast. Having the heli vs average infantry balance should be a staple not hoping some one can hit the drone and kill it for you.

UGV takes 100 rounds to kill and the heli takes almost the same amount but is much faster and harder to hit. It can run back to base very easily and doesn't really have to worry too much.

Also sitting inside your base farming players is kinda BS. What happened to no aircraft in WW3 because they were always broken in BF games.

Jamming is a bad mechanic doesn't add to anyones play of the game. Rellying on jamming as a excuse poor balance and cheesy content as in loitering ammo and other CoD style free kill call ins.