Sign in to follow this  
Atway

Spawn penalty for spawn on squad?

I think there MUST be a spawn penalty if spawn on your squadmates. Now you can spawn on the same place where you have died (if playing with squad) literally in few seconds.

Squadmate is down? No worries, he`ll be back really soon!

Need ammo/med? No worries, your mate will be right back here with it in a few seconds! Just respawn!

Probably hard to code but an 'in combat' system would be good like in Battlefield so that squadmates have to be out of combat to accept spawns. I would also think it would be cool if you could look through squadmates body cams while in spawn screen, that would be a nice effect.

Regardless, if this is indeed too difficult, then I do agree a penalty may be good. Maybe it takes 5 seconds after you click deploy to actually spawn in, or gadgets are put on cool down (not so sure about that one)

Edited by nubbits

19 minutes ago, nubbits said:

Probably hard to code but an 'in combat' system would be good like in Battlefield so that squadmates have to be out of combat to accept spawns. I would also think it would be cool if you could look through squadmates body cams while in spawn screen, that would be a nice effect.

yep, the better system i see like this (just random numbers to show the meaning):

spawn on spawnzone: 0 sec delay (only your loadout delay)

spawn on points: 3 sec delay (+loadout delay), works only out of combat (also spawn in front/right behind of attacking enemies should be fixed somehow)

spawn in MRAP: 5 sec delay (+loadout delay), works only out of combat, if MRAP isnt getting damage, no enemy players close to it

spawn on suqadmates: 10 sec delay (+loadout delay), works only out of combat, 3-5 sec after squadmate got hit/shoot

@Borreh @Ragir what do you think?

Edited by Atway

17 минут назад, Atway сказал:

yep, the better system i see like this (just random numbers to show the meaning):

spawn on spawnzone: 0 sec delay (only your loadout delay)

spawn on points: 3 sec delay (+loadout delay), works only out of combat (also spawn in front/right behind of attacking enemies should be fixed somehow)

spawn in MRAP: 5 sec delay (+loadout delay), works only out of combat, if MRAP isnt getting damage, no enemy players close to it

spawn on suqadmates: 10 sec delay (+loadout delay), works only out of combat, 3-5 sec after squadmate got hit/shoot

@Borreh @Ragir what do you think?

Mhmm...🤔 Don't know what kind of WW3 u 2 r playing, but currently there is close to 10 secs afterdeath spawntimer on MRAP and on SquadLeader. Squadleader can spawn on SquadMates without extended spawntime.

Or u mean FULL 10 secs of deathscreen and +10 secs for squadmembers to spawn on  SL?

Edited by tynblpb

2 minutes ago, tynblpb said:

currently there is close to 10 secs afterdeath spawntimer on MRAP and on SquadLeader

I play light (no armor), for me its like 4-5 sec. So it is loadout delay I think

There is no loadout delay, it takes 10s to respawn for everyone apart from the squad leader, who's timer is 5s.

Spawns will be updated for sure, we're not happy with them still, so keep the conversation going. I can't say if making the respawn timers different for different spawn types is a good idea, it would be a bit confusing on the deployment screen, but it's certainly an option.

As for the 'in combat' thing - we're thinking about it, but it's also hard to explain to the player without a camera feed like it was done in BF and that's not that simple to do. That said, there's nothing simple in WW3, so it's not a big problem.

20 minutes ago, Ragir said:

There is no loadout delay

But why? 

it would be a bit confusing on the deployment screen

add tip to loading screen as you did with points (how they increase your score). In the same way: icon of the spawn and brief description. Add text below the deploy button like "+5 sec delay for respawn on squad"

but it's also hard to explain to the player without a camera feed

what to explain? Why cant he respawn there? Just add icon to the spawn point icon. Like "noise" icon if jammed, "crossed swordes" if in combat.

Is it really matter of understandable UI only? 

Edited by Atway
  • Like 1

48 minutes ago, Atway said:

Is it really matter of understandable UI only? 

This is a critical matter, especially for new players. Stuff like that doesn't really impact seasoned players, but those players need new bodies to train and shoot. We can't have everything geared towards the old players, because there would be no players at all then.

So yeah, we have to take into account if it can be shown well on the UI - which is one of the main reasons people aren't playing now, along with performance and content. The lack of tutorials and understanding of how the game works really hinders the enjoyment of the game and we want to make it easier to get into and explain better.

I don't know what are the plans for spawning exactly, so all I say is my concerns about the UI and how it would impact new players - and since we're trying to keep the gameplay good, not casual, we have to make changes in other places.

6 minutes ago, Ragir said:

we have to take into account if it can be shown well on the UI

well, I agree that now UI sometimes not really informative, especially on the spawn screen. the best way i see it to add icons for temporary events (jamming, combat, capturing) with tooltip when point on them. And add map legend with short desctription for all map icons.

1 hour ago, Atway said:

well, I agree that now UI sometimes not really informative, especially on the spawn screen. the best way i see it to add icons for temporary events (jamming, combat, capturing) with tooltip when point on them. And add map legend with short desctription for all map icons.

We've got some redesigns going and we'll be updating all of the screens in the future, but it would be best to have most of the game done before we can do it well ^^

Keep the conversation going tho, we're listening.

• Thanks 1

Spawn timers need a increase all around.

Spawning on players is pure cancer. Kill the same dude several times having to burn the infection known as a squad out till their is no trace left for the disease to fester again.

Should of never added spawn on squad lead into the game in the first place. The map isn't even that big to warrant needing it people were just lazy.

This game surpassed not being uncasual a long time ago. No aim is really needed, killing players is unchallanging, death is meaningless, spawning is too convenient to where it hurts the gameplay, and cheese is a stable of the game.

You keep making the game more and more easy to where its not even casual anymore its just meaningless to even try in the game anymore. Main reason I stopped enjoying to game is because instead of being less casual the game got way too casual. The skill ceiling keeps getting lowered to the point that you dont have to work on getting better at the game anymore even when killing players was a very casual experiences in the first place.