weedtime

Feedback on update 0.6

16 hours ago, Borreh said:

If after the ammo bag fix we'll still have many negative comments we'll consider adding 1 more mag by default but so far there wasn't that much critique, so we'll monitor the situation. In the end we can always do a poll/survey

Most of them are fine, but the vepr for example has 13 rounds in reserve, which is pretty bad, or even the mini. For ARs its not really a problem or for LMGs. 

1) New Maps.
Pros:
They are really the best content was even added to the game.
Cons:
There is no map rotation on servers. So, you can get tired even on Smolensk or Polyarny.

2) Heli Drone.
Pros:
The Air Force, we deserved. The new gameplay content, as the maps. Semi-realistic movement and lots of customisation.
Cons:
It's not really OP AF, it is simply bad balanced.
It can be destroyed with pistol, but is more durable against RPG, than APC.
It can fly unpunished for a half of the match, but UCAS-D destroys (jammes) it immediately.
Its hibox is smaller, than graphic model, and hits are not always registered.
Yes, it can be countered, but it isn't fun as all countering it.

3) Gunplay
Pros:
Two new rifles. Awesome.
Reducing cancerous sniper rifles effect by reducing limb damage.
Reducing ammo pool (and weight). First. i didn't like this. But after playing PTE and Live today. I can say, this is good decision. Nearby never ran out of bullets, but started to spend ammo more carefully.
Cons:
Reducing 7.62x39 damage reduced diversity of gunplay (higher caliber rifles had before lower BTK, but higher TTK). Now BTK for 5.56 and 7.62 is same, and 5.56 rifles are in favor due higher RoF. 7.62 is better only in infamous gutshotting.
Pistols and SMG for similar ammo (9x18 for example) have different damage.

4) Customisation
Pros:
Didn't test new camos, but people say, they are nice.
Cons:
Custom configaration were deleted.

5) Gameplay
Pros:
MRAP is good and solid. Proper option to respawn.
New marking system if half-measures for me, but still better, than old diamond-shooting.
Cons:
New respawn system causes chaos, where you can respawn just in machinegun fire. And it is highly subjective, but I prefer, when squadleader could respawn on control points only. I think, MRAP is enough.
Too many and too powerful free vehicles.

6) Optimisation
Pros:
Game runs really smoother. Smolensk is still to heavy, for my old, but Berlin runs with nearby no lags and freezes.
Cons:
Hit reg is bad sometimes.
Ping is still high, and for me, is the MAIN game issue.

7) Communication
Pros:
Commrose looks wand works nice.
Cons:
VOIP is useless. You can only "RAWR!-RAWR!-RAWR!" on it.

Total
Very nice. Increasing count of active players prove that.

Edited by †FeuerEuphorie†
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Great work as always! Love the performance improvements (it's barely been an issue for me now on my system) and other bug fixes (especially with that G36). It's great to have new content to mess around with, as always. I have noticed though that Smolensk seems to be done in a lighter shade of green than in concept art though. I have mixed feelings about this, although it's nice to have a fully developed nature map done with Unreal Engine 4. I do commend the revised layout for the map though, so that action in my experience has been less concentrated on one zone (Zone Alpha tends to lack action, but I find it better than two zones in the first version of Smolensk being devoid of action). I love seeing full servers again as well, and although I do want a chance to play with a large amount of people, I hope more take interest.

New guns

The introduction of the M4 MWS has also introduced a conundrum for me - I like it, because it is an easy to use gun for many situations, with a decent fire rate and decent accuracy. What I don't like about it is its long reload time for a 30-round assault rifle, especially compared to even the AK-15 and derivatives (the M416 IME also has this issue with reload time). This leads me to prefer the MSBS-K for its faster reload time and overall similar handling to the M4. What I mostly dislike about the MSBS-K is its firing sound as it seems to sound fake and cheap to me, but I'll need to find out how it sounds with a suppressor.

The SA80 looks like an expensive gun to own if you want performance improvements with it, since you need additional money to change the handguard in order for it to accept certain attachments (like a flashlight and a grip). I hope that pricing in this game will be reworked - this gun has proven that the "bodyparts" section of the gun customization options is NOT cosmetic unlike for other guns. I would also like to see the "bodyparts" section also improve gun stats, such as with adding stocks for the DMG and improving recoil and/or accuracy.

I've noticed that there's no option to save gun customizations - I hope they get fixed soon. I can live without it but they have been convenient for me.

Mechanics

The lower ammo pool has made me consider also the guns that I should choose as well. since I now more frequently find myself needing to refill on ammo. I think this brings on a good element of challenge to the game and helps encourage better trigger discipline (not that that matters, I guess, but for those who want some immersion, I believe this is nice), or otherwise better teamwork. I am thinking though about how an increased amount of ammo boxes on a map will impact performance, especially on lower-end systems. ?

I like the maps having grids - I believe this has been something I requested, although I'm not sure if this will be apparent to players as to whether these grids are useful to them, like in PUBG (they show 100 metre increments).

I do agree with someone in a post (don't remember which) on the commo-rose system. The fact that it's two-layered seems a little cumbersome, especially for a faster-paced game like this. I think it should be revamped to encourage more tactical use; even though players can press numbers as shortcuts with the commo-rose menu, they're hard to reach unless one has a numpad and/or certain gaming mice. I find comfort at least in being able to mark an empty zone as having enemies by double-tapping the spot button (I've bound it to Left Alt, normally, it's X).

I like that the repair kit repairs vehicles like in the base - it would encourage them to stay in the battlefield for longer, provided you have a team who will work towards repairing it.

Conclusion

I do hope the Steam discount (which makes the game similar in price to Cities: Skylines when it was also on sale, and possibly similar to CS:GO before it was made free to play) encourages more people to play the game. I love that this game has proven to be a viable Battlefield alternative. Its quality has been stellar, and the mechanics and content make the game more interesting as well.

Edited by Rivy

2 hours ago, †FeuerEuphorie† said:

Game runs really smoother. Smolensk is still to heavy, for my old, but Berlin runs with nearby no lags and freezes.

This was also my problem.  Thinking of adding some more RAM this weekend, will that help?

yes i'm with 16gb. 1866ghz. and it realy help but the C.P.U. is most big power for this game.

• Thanks 1

CTD's with BLACK SCREEN OF DEAD .

We send reports,  game play it's bit smoother, but CTD's are tiresome again ,  patch broke stuff _ again _ .

I have spent many hours playing the 0.6 patch on PTE and live servers and this is by far the best thing that happened to the game since October. Take your time with each patch to make sure that will add value to the game and don't release a patch just to release a patch. This is how I feel for previous patches now. I haven't seen anyone complaining about the delay of 0.6. From 100 players that used to play, now as I write this there are 954 players. Seeing the positive reaction from everyone this can lead to more than 1000 active players per day.  

Performance

The stuttering has gone, finally. For me, this is the best part about this patch along with the 2 maps. I enjoy the gunplay so much now. Good job. 

In addition, the 3 first maps run great, but the 2 maps added need some more optimization, which I believe it will happen the next couple of months.

Sound

Loving all the new sounds added, from the soldier movement to the heavy breathing when you are heavily injured.  The new M4 sounds great too.

We need some sounds effect when the player goes through foliage. Also as I said before I am not a big fan of the sound effect when you shooting another player. 
Am I the only regarding this? Lastly, I have difficulties understanding where the enemy soldiers walk near me.

New Content

The 2 maps are very good. I am a big Warzone fan. Both of them are great. The 2 weapons are a great addition too. Finally, we got the M4 which is my first choice now.
Never tested the heli drone but I like seeing it in the game.

Movement

I like that you make vaulting a little quicker now, but still, the movement needs work since I stuck in places all the time and new vaulting places must be set as well. 

I am looking forward to the new animations. Some weapon animations are very good (M4 MWS, SCAR-H) other not that good (AK). Soldier movement can be much better

as well.

Gameplay:

Map Rotation

Why why why?  I  have been asking for map rotation since patch 0.3, still nothing...

Ammo Pool

We need at least 3 extra mags (90 bullets) after we respawn. 60 are very low. I usually need 1 mag firing at vehicles. Am tired running other players begging
                for ammo just after 2 kills.

TTK

I like the TTK as it is now. For me it just fine ( I wouldn't mind for it was 1 extra bullet as well). What I don't like is the 1 shot kill from snipers.

M416

Did you change something? From all the guns I use it feels the weaker. 

30 players per game

Make them at least 40, please! This is a World war.  Maps have the capacity to have 40 players.

Strikes

I just use shrapnels (artillery), bombings and UAV. I believe shrapnels and bombings are cheap since you are causing a lot of damage

and you are getting back a lot of these points spent. By the time the cooldown period finish, you are ready to launch another one in combination

with UAV

Other matters

Some spawn points are problematic (i.e. Warsaw Map, point A1), difficulties in inviting friends to play together.

Price  

Please keep this price (Euro 15) until the game release. It is a very competitive price, and there aren't any other modern shooters out there similar to World War 3 at
the moment.

After this pacth, I believe the game has great potentials. Keep up the good work!

Edited by E - Cleaner
  • Like 1

I had a game few minutes ago. Guy in heli drope broke it. On Berlin it's impossible to counter heli drone without stingray or something else. He had over 100 kills. Something have to be done with this. Stingrays in game or no heli drone on wide open maps like Berlin.

On 5/19/2019 at 10:55 PM, E - Cleaner said:

Maps have the capacity to have 40 players.

Maps do, servers dont

• Added statistics saving during game - you won't loose progress if disconnected or if you left the match early,

does it mean that you will get xp and money if you leave or that you will have the same stats if rejoin after DC?

• Heli Drone price increased from 2500 to 4000,

at least this

Dnia 17.05.2019 o 13:48, †FeuerEuphorie† napisał:

Reducing 7.62x39 damage reduced diversity of gunplay (higher caliber rifles had before lower BTK, but higher TTK). Now BTK for 5.56 and 7.62 is same, and 5.56 rifles are in favor due higher RoF. 7.62 is better only in infamous gutshotting.

New guns balance is the weakest part of 0.6 patch. Due to balance game losing a lot of diversity of gunplay. Doesn't matter what gun i take now i have the same filling of shooting. Sometimes i must to look on the bottom of the screen to check what caliber i use. I was use LMG for a long time and when i was shoot with LMG i almost felt a big kick of this gun but when i hits enemies they die really fast. I just had to struggle with recoil and spread. Devs sometimes don't listen ppl about OP of guns or try to balance it in other way ( recoil, spread, RoF )  . Guns are different. I don't want to have 40 different guns they shoot in the same way.

IMO should be like this:

LMG high weight, big spread &recoil lowest BTK,

7.62 low BTK but recoil, spread & weight in the middle,

5,56 high BTK&RoF but low spread,recoil& weight

Edited by ZwierzaK
  • Like 3

Maps do, servers dont

I hope they working on this. 15 players on each team are not a lot, for this type of game. 

• Цитата

Horn sound for quad and buggy,

And here I was waiting in thrill that it will be:

Devs, I'm ready to pay for expansions with new sounds for horns.?

Finally, we have horns for quad bikes and buggies! :D

13 часов назад, ZwierzaK сказал:

spread

Well, IMO, "spread" should depends on barrel length, not recoil depends on barrel length, as now. In real life "spread" parameters depends on barrel lenght, barrel technology quality, ammo quality. If we mean single shot "spread", 7.62 can be more precise, than 5.56/5.45. For in-game example, remember AK-47 in Counter-Strike, which had enormous recoil and bloom after each shot, but was very precise, when single shot firing.

• Like 1

After playing the game for two weeks after a long break. From gameplay perspective my feedback is this:

• Hipfire is KING!. its even better than all short range red dots or holos and has superior accuracy and spread (minus the aiming animation time. you are dead before finishing it ?) . It's effectiveness extends even for near mid ranges. i can just snap head shots faster with it than aiming.
  • Speaking of headshots, I don't know but does anyone feel that the head hitbox is now huge? everyone is scoring headshots now. And don't even get me stared on snipers ?
  • Due to the above, I found leaning corners is now less effective than the previous versions (Please shoot my big bubble head). players now just rush corners with hipfire glory and clear squads so fast.
  • Also about the increased TTK, I don't mind it for body shots based on armor level . But not for headshots ?!. headshot TTK should not take longer that what it was. it's sucks . it was fine in earlier versions.
  • Trade kills. Coming from earlier versions it was so rare. but now its too often. sometimes its even 2-3 times in a row. is it due to updated hitreg code? or is it server lag? i have no idea but i surely didn't like it ?

TBH i don't know if this is all intended by the devs or not. But my guess is that TTK is still under monitor.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, RealFox said:

After playing the game for two weeks after a long break. From gameplay perspective my feedback is this:

• Hipfire is KING!. its even better than all short range red dots or holos and has superior accuracy and spread (minus the aiming animation time. you are dead before finishing it ?) . It's effectiveness extends even for near mid ranges. i can just snap head shots faster with it than aiming.
  • Speaking of headshots, I don't know but does anyone feel that the head hitbox is now huge? everyone is scoring headshots now. And don't even get me stared on snipers ?
  • Due to the above, I found leaning corners is now less effective than the previous versions (Please shoot my big bubble head). players now just rush corners with hipfire glory and clear squads so fast.
  • Also about the increased TTK, I don't mind it for body shots based on armor level . But not for headshots ?!. headshot TTK should not take longer that what it was. it's sucks . it was fine in earlier versions.
  • Trade kills. Coming from earlier versions it was so rare. but now its too often. sometimes its even 2-3 times in a row. is it due to updated hitreg code? or is it server lag? i have no idea but i surely didn't like it ?

TBH i don't know if this is all intended by the devs or not. But my guess is that TTK is still under monitor.

I thought they nerfed the hipfire, and yes, I agree, the headshot TTK should be as low as possible.

So here the actual TTD issues in Update 0.6, espacially noticeable in TDM.

53 minutes ago, WalrusInAnus said:

What does TTD mean?

time to death

On 6/2/2019 at 10:34 PM, Atway said:

time to death

That's like -5 seconds in WW3. I pretty much stopped playing, because it seems like either 1) the game is bugged, or 2) majorly imbalanced, or 3) full of hackers.
I basically die without even seeing the enemy 80% of the time, and in the rest of the cases I am dead before I can even press mouse button, and it feels like everyone oneshots me.
Not fun.

4 hours ago, WalrusInAnus said:

That's like -5 seconds in WW3. I pretty much stopped playing, because it seems like either 1) the game is bugged, or 2) majorly imbalanced, or 3) full of hackers.
I basically die without even seeing the enemy 80% of the time, and in the rest of the cases I am dead before I can even press mouse button, and it feels like everyone oneshots me.
Not fun.

TTK is like -5 seconds in WW3. I pretty much still playing, because it seems like either 1) the game is bugged, or 2) majorly imbalanced, or 3) im a hacker.
I basically kill without even seeing the enemy 80% of the time, and in the rest of the cases I kill before I they can even press mouse button, and it feels like I oneshot everyone.
So fun.

On 6/2/2019 at 7:00 AM, Scroopi said:

So here the actual TTD issues in Update 0.6, espacially noticeable in TDM.

just of bunch of videos of you dying, mostly bad situations with multiple enemies shooting you. What is this 

16 minutes ago, Artaxiad300062 said:

just of bunch of videos of you dying, mostly bad situations with multiple enemies shooting you. What is this 

Are you blind my man, it was most time from 1 enemy with 100 health. In the hit log stand also the guys who shot me before I healed back to 100%.

Watch Update 0.5 Gameplays, there wasn't this problem too often 

1 hour ago, Scroopi said:

Are you blind my man, it was most time from 1 enemy with 100 health. In the hit log stand also the guys who shot me before I healed back to 100%.

Watch Update 0.5 Gameplays, there wasn't this problem too often 

Whatever, it had nothing to do with being blind son, you were either out-gunned, or out-skilled. And I've never heard of "time to death" the phrase you want to use is time to kill.