Sign in to follow this  
NeoOrNeon

FIM-92 Stinger

A shoulder fired ground to air missile should be added to combat the new heli drone and since the stinger is used by almost everybody it makes sense to choose that one. However I don't think just adding the stinger would be fair to the heli pilot so some countermeasures like IR flares should be added to. And I know it might seem pointless to add a weapon just so you can add a way to counter it but in WW3 vehicle ammunition would have to be refilled at base and so would flares. I'm my opinion it would be an interesting new threat to deal with or at the very least make less skilled players have a way to take down the drone.

I support this entirely. Not even a day into this new update and I've promised twice not to use my Heli Drone on the opposing team.

We don't need to nurf the hell and make it useless. Just add ways to counter it.

• Like 1

ATM UCAS-D is the best option to kill heli drone... after nerf you can easilly kill that thing ;)

Pretty sure Carl-Gustav is on the way, but I'm not sure if it will have guided ammo

The Carl Gustav M4 is a recoilless rifle. Which like the RPG is just an explosive propelled with gas so unfortunately making this weapons "lock-on" to a target wouldn't be possible.

Adding a new mechanic (Stinger) just to counter other single mechanic isn't a good design practice.  For instance, jammers can be used against drones, to prevent enemy strike calls and to counter UAV.  

New weapons should have multiple purposes to be useful. A better solution would be to give some other weapon an option to counter the Heli, like special ammo for RPG. 

In the next patch, we will be working on better performance of RPG missiles and Warmate against the Heli.

If less of my rpg shells were "blanks" I'd be happy. I just don't know if everyone can make that shot. The heli drone might still go unchecked.

20 hours ago, NeoOrNeon said:

The Carl Gustav M4 is a recoilless rifle. Which like the RPG is just an explosive propelled with gas so unfortunately making this weapons "lock-on" to a target wouldn't be possible.

Maybe Carl-Gustav shell can have higher velocity so that it is much easier to hit heli (developers can find balance). Then make it heavier than RPG for balance.

• Like 1

Sign in to follow this