HondoUnicorn

Handgun as third slot?

I think that I understand why current loadout system was made as it is,  but still I would like to have the opportunity to carry a handgun with me with RPG and primary weapon.  I mostly play with my primary weapon and a hundgun,  but I often have to change loadout with the RPG to destroy the armor,  but the CQC happen just as often when i run out of bullets  and I change my primary by force of habit to the hundgun and there instead is RPG and he pulls it out soo slow that i'm dead already. So is there a possibility in the future that we can use a handgun as a third slot? Thx.

Edited by HondoUnicorn
  • Like 2

just move RPG to gadgets and add weight for gadgets

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

If you guys ever tried to kill someone with a handgun you'd see that it is quite hard especially in a whoever shoots first wins kinda situation so I don't think it's be unfair to carry a handgun in addition to two other weapons but I personally would rather the RPG be a gadget for a few reasons. One being having an RPG and ammo is pretty dumb. The RPG should be a gadget that is resupplied by the equipment bag.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

11 hours ago, Atway said:

2 hours ago, NeoOrNeon said:

but I personally would rather the RPG be a gadget for a few reasons. One being having an RPG and ammo is pretty dumb. The RPG should be a gadget that is resupplied by the equipment bag.

Never thought of this before, this is a great idea.

Edit - looking at the secondary gadget conversation as well, maybe it could work like this:

1: primary weapon

2: secondary weapon

3: primary gadget (RPG, packs)

4: secondary gadget (C4, first aid kit) (other gadgets I'm not so sure which group they belong in)

This will fix current meta of spawn in -> throw ammo pack -> open RPG -> change to tandem ammo -> load more from ammo pack. It also means it will be possible to carry ammo bag and first aid kit if you want to lone wolf it with a penalty to offensive capability with C4 or mini drone.

Edited by nubbits
  • Like 2

15 минут назад, nubbits сказал:

4: secondary gadget (C4, first aid kit) (other gadgets I'm not so sure which group they belong in)

A few days ago I had same thoughts)

• Like 1

This currently looks like the best idea. Most of the time no-one uses the more interesting gadgets like mini drone or C4 because of low ammo counts in 0.6 and people obviously need health, so sacrificing the teamwork ideal is worth it in my view to give people the ability to stay stocked on ammo and meds while also carrying gadgets that add interesting mechanics.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, nubbits said:

exactly! Because first aid kit/mini drone/c4 are small gadgets and packs or UGV are big. But in terms of gadget slot they are the same.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, nubbits said:

11 hours ago, NeoOrNeon said:

The RPG should be a gadget that is resupplied by the equipment bag.

Having the RPG (Tandem) as a gadget could be a neat fix to balance vehicle play, because right now I feel like once you get a tank everyone will be waiting for you with 2 rockets and a tandem p.p.

• Like 1

21 час назад, Atway сказал:

12 часов назад, NeoOrNeon сказал:

If you guys ever tried to kill someone with a handgun you'd see that it is quite hard especially in a whoever shoots first wins kinda situation so I don't think it's be unfair to carry a handgun in addition to two other weapons but I personally would rather the RPG be a gadget for a few reasons. One being having an RPG and ammo is pretty dumb. The RPG should be a gadget that is resupplied by the equipment bag.

Yes, i totally agree with RPG being a gadget weapon, i didn't thought about that at that time)))

"If you guys ever tried to kill someone with a handgun you'd see that it is quite hard" I can't really say that using handgun is that hard, i mean i usualy use handguns in cqc withowt aiming using cover (if there is such), actually i didn't try hundguns at open filds... But hey everyone shooting differentley, it's matter of preference i guess)

Edited by HondoUnicorn

Killing with handgun is only really possible if they are A) a noob B) low on health or C) you have a good position where they can't see you. Handgun loses a straight up fight 9 times out of 10, so you have to be sneakier with it.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Atway said:

exactly! Because first aid kit/mini drone/c4 are small gadgets and packs or UGV are big. But in terms of gadget slot they are the same.

Even though it seems like it's logical to have UGV as "big" gadget I think it either needs a buff or to be "small" gadget because the way it is now I'm never going to pick it over an RPG/medpack/ammo pack

I would love this to be a feature, but I think the handguns need to be buffed in return - for instance, their reload times are far too long, even with a filled chamber. The AK and derivatives (and several other weapons) all reload faster, with those being more effective for combat overall due to their capability for full-auto fire, higher calibres and medium range effectiveness. I would like to use something like a Glock 18 or the DMG as one of those handguns as well.

My proposals for balancing, if this feature were to be implemented, would help players who decide on equipping highly specialized loadouts and find themselves fighting a player with a more effective anti-infantry or general purpose loadout.

Edited by Rivy
  • Like 1

to sum up for devs:

1. primary weapon

2. secondary weapon

3. big gadget (with weight): RPG, ammo/med/eq packs, UGV (?).  (possibility to equip small gadgets to "big gadget slot" if you dont need big one?)

4. small gadget: mini drone, medkit, c4, mines (?)

5. grenades

what the result:

no RPG+Ammo pack combo which gives you infinite RPG ammunition.

gadged flexibility

quite logic system based on gadgets size/weight instead of equality of big ammopack and smaaaaaaal syringe for example

@Borreh @Ragir

• Like 3

Ok, so the tirered gadget system is planned, so that's part of it.

That said, we're not really sure we want people to be walking armories and have everything at their disposal, we want you to have to decide what you need most and rely on your team to help you - so if you're not running an RPG, you rely on other players that do and vice versa, if you run a sniper rifle, they rely on you shooting optics out of vehicles and supporting advances.

This is of course going to change somewhat, so thanks for the suggestions, they'll come in handy once we're refreshing this aspect of the game :)

• Like 3