tynblpb

Disable ThermalOptic on HeliDrone.(Poll)

Disable HeliDrone ThermalOptics.  

11 members have voted

1. 1. Should devs disable ThermalOptics to test, will it make the HeliDrone more balanced?

• Yes.
    • No.

3 days and everything is going pretty much good. Nothing has rly changed for me in comparison with 0.6.6PTE. Nothing.? As I've said ppl started to cry about HeliDrone being OP. Tried myself today few times piloting it. Yup, u can play with almost 1 hand and still achieve x2 points u've spent to call HeliDrone in. And here I thought: what's making HeliDrone so OP?

-APC'like armor? 

- No.

-x2-3 APC'like firepower?

-No.

What is it then?

On Smolensk it usually looks like this.

heli.jpg.13df20866a0206e03f80adb2f0765aa6.jpg

No matter how hard I'm trying to hide under the trees or in the bushes it doesn't help. Why?

Thermal Optics. When piloting HeliDrone u can press 1 button and WW3 starts to look like some kind of Galaga where on dark background are running colorful targets. And with just a little skill u can go for 20+ killstreaks. There is no challenge in finding target when it looks like this.

3kill.gif.d5bccc766f7d6b9255bb382bb6cda98f.gif

So, devs, mb just to test things out, mb disable ThermalOptics on Heli for the time being? Let the target searching will be challenge for pilots. And infantry will hide in the buildings and under the trees. Those, who will be caught when running in the open... it's their own fault.

Plz, vote. As for me, I've tried to fly without ThermalOptics. In the open u can easyly distinguish target. When they are in the buildings or under the trees they are pretty much safe. And those, who are trying to shoot me down, revealing with trassers their locations... they started first.

@Ragir, what do u think?

And 1 more thing. Dunno, was it reported, but there is problem with hitreg not only when u r trying to shoot down Heli with projectiles. I've tried few times to destroy it with quadrocopter with HEAT warhead. There was X mark but on the screen there were no digits of the dmg dealt. And HeliDrone happily flied away. @weedtime, plz, count this as bugreport.

Edited by tynblpb
  • Like 1

I always use thermals in the heli drone and it's quite unfair. I see people laying down in bushes trying to hide from me and I often find myself showing mercy lol.

Maybe just make it a flushed grayscale like the sights for the guns, you can see the soldiers however they don't pop out as much.

As someone who hardly uses strikes, I'm not strictly against Heli because it opens up gameplay options, but having that kind of optic makes it way too powerful on more open maps like Polyarny/Smolensk.

If this optic were to be kept, I would like to see some other kind of infantry carryable anti vehicle like Carl Gustav that has higher velocity than RPG so it is easier to hit heli when it is moving.

Hitreg is not finished for the heli drone, it'll be much more fragile than it is now once all the rpgs register. The second reason it's OP now and wasn't on PTE is that people need to learn to counter it. Once they do, it won't be free kills anymore, two players can disable and shot down a heli in 15s easy - I do it all the time, just UCAS-D it and when it stops moving - RPG it to bits.

We need to fix the hitreg before we do any balancing on it, this is something we're doing right now.

36 minutes ago, Ragir said:

Hitreg is not finished for the heli drone, it'll be much more fragile than it is now once all the rpgs register. The second reason it's OP now and wasn't on PTE is that people need to learn to counter it. Once they do, it won't be free kills anymore, two players can disable and shot down a heli in 15s easy - I do it all the time, just UCAS-D it and when it stops moving - RPG it to bits.

We need to fix the hitreg before we do any balancing on it, this is something we're doing right now.

Exactly, you don't even need to disable it to take it down with RPG or other things like tanks and IFV 

9 минут назад, Salt Lord сказал:

Exactly, you don't even need to disable it to take it down with RPG or other things like tanks and IFV 

Well, currently 30mm gun does less than 10dmg to HeliDrone.

7 minutes ago, tynblpb said:

Well, currently 30mm gun does less than 10dmg to HeliDrone.

The vehicle hit numbers are bugy and don't represent your actual damage to a vehicle, i got 1k vehicle hit damage when using a repair tool against a vehicle and the game said i did 1 vehicle hit against a tank with Light cannon but i actually did a lot more 

5 часов назад, Salt Lord сказал:

The vehicle hit numbers are bugy and don't represent your actual damage to a vehicle, i got 1k vehicle hit damage when using a repair tool against a vehicle and the game said i did 1 vehicle hit against a tank with Light cannon but i actually did a lot more 

Oh, rly? Bugged? The problem is - it was ME who was in Heli.

helivs30mm.gif.7f8adf83c566948795ae696abcb9e3e5.gif

Or you could make heli pilotable for limited period of time (for example 60s) then it flies off the map. No need to nerf abilities.

Ok, so we've got the hitreg fixed INTERNALLY for now, we need to test it a bit and we'll push an update when we're ready - it shouldn't take very long though!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1