nubbits

Literally just a rant about helicopter drone

So first of all, I want to say that this isn't a rant about people who use the heli. It's there in game, so why not use it.

The problem is with the heli itself, which I fear will drive off all new players from 0.6.

When the enemy team uses a heli, there are only really three main ways it can be countered.

1. Using the UCAS-D and and RPG

The problem with this method is that the heli pilot still has control over the heli for a second or two after the jam begins, which, for a fast vehicle like the heli, may be enough time to get to a place out of range of infantry (this is problematic on urban maps with rooftops). The other problem is that RPG singlestage is not a one hit kill, and most people will be able to hit it once but not necessarily a second time.

2. Use a vehicle like an IFV

This one is straight out a bad idea. If you're far away from the heli, the travel time from the vehicle's cannon makes it difficult to aim. Furthermore, the traversal speed of the turret and maximum elevation mean that all the heli pilot has to do is fly it around you (which is easy because it is so fast) and just rocket the shit out of your vehicle.

3. Use another heli

This one is also difficult. The person with the first heli is usually pretty good, and the heli strike itself is quite expensive, but it can sometimes be pulled off, resulting in your team's heli now terrorizing the other team instead.

The obvious problem with all of these methods, apart from the ones already described, is this:

They all require the use of strikes that aren't in the default loadouts (except for the IFV which is the worst option), and even if you manage to damage a heli it can drive off so fast to the repair bay that it's almost impossible to destroy, and this is coming from a player who has been on since day one. What's a new player going to do? Nothing, because they can't really do anything.

I don't really care how powerful the heli is, but its ability to move around the map as quickly as it does and repair easily means that it needs a nerf or new players are just going to quit. There are no two ways about this. I can already almost hear the replies of "get good", or "just use a jammer", but as I have pointed out, these are not default equipment, cost points, and often difficult to use. The heli is easily the most powerful strike in the game by a mile, and yet countering it is arguably one of the most difficult things in this game.

I know some of you guys on the forums love using the heli, and I have no opposition to the idea of a heli, but it's just way too powerful the way it is now. In my opinion, the solution is to give it a massive nerf, and then buff it bit by bit, because even though losing a heli is annoying, it's the exact same as wasting a bombing run or artillery in terms of points. Let's do this now before players who aren't as dedicated as us decide for the nth time that this game just isn't good.

• Angry 1

Why i will never play this game ever again. *** them. mY ENTIRE TEAM was shooting at the heli, i was jamming and smoking every points i was goint to, in this order jamming before being on the point so i might trap the heli, the helicopter never was destroyed and that guy did a 70/1 death ratio. I was first of my team like almost all of my matches. The helicopter is so op, and then you have *** *** LIKE POLAK showing you one of his videos on how easy it is  to shoot down an heli, while the heli on the video is just moving forward and not dodging anything. when you have pilots that are moving  all over the place, staying up high in the air and away from any points to just  engage targets when the points is being taken it's *** , stupid *** *** devs! Fuck that game I can't wait to see them fail they *** deserve it. There is that and also the leviathan with the radar option, with the new penetration feauture they added, if you're using a leviathan with the radar on it you can *** see enemies through walls and just shoot them through walls, they're so *** ! It's like they never played an fps, and people like me good players in the game, they know, in wolrd war 3 the balance is so fucked up on everything, that there is many way to abuse the different game breaking features, like drone robot and heli or camping on mercy spawn, or shooting in the guts area as a sniper to always 1 hit people because the broken  hitbox for the head plus the helmet make it too hard to 1 hit in the head. This game will never work, everytime there was bs in game i told them. But they keep on adding *** features. not all of them are bad but most of them are op and break the balance. Even with tanks and APS, tanks have armors, aps, heat vision, smoke, and some people now  also do want a radar like the leviathan or battle robot. The third person view for drones and vehicules is bad in a fps game because it gives you also an advantage to see enemy players. That game is just bad. They're going from realistic to arcade and it's never even in that domain well balanced.

//Inappropriate language, abusing other members and developers - Rozmo

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 4

10 hours ago, David.TT-133 said:

Why i will never play this game ever again. *** them. mY ENTIRE TEAM was shooting at the heli, i was jamming and smoking every points i was goint to, in this order jamming before being on the point so i might trap the heli, the helicopter never was destroyed and that guy did a 70/1 death ratio. I was first of my team like almost all of my matches. The helicopter is so op, and then you have *** *** LIKE POLAK showing you one of his videos on how easy it is  to shoot down an heli, while the heli on the video is just moving forward and not dodging anything. when you have pilots that are moving  all over the place, staying up high in the air and away from any points to just  engage targets when the points is being taken it's *** , stupid *** *** devs! Fuck that game I can't wait to see them fail they *** deserve it. There is that and also the leviathan with the radar option, with the new penetration feauture they added, if you're using a leviathan with the radar on it you can *** see enemies through walls and just shoot them through walls, they're so *** ! It's like they never played an fps, and people like me good players in the game, they know, in wolrd war 3 the balance is so fucked up on everything, that there is many way to abuse the different game breaking features, like drone robot and heli or camping on mercy spawn, or shooting in the guts area as a sniper to always 1 hit people because the broken  hitbox for the head plus the helmet make it too hard to 1 hit in the head. This game will never work, everytime there was bs in game i told them. But they keep on adding *** features. not all of them are bad but most of them are op and break the balance. Even with tanks and APS, tanks have armors, aps, heat vision, smoke, and some people now  also do want a radar like the leviathan or battle robot. The third person view for drones and vehicules is bad in a fps game because it gives you also an advantage to see enemy players. That game is just bad. They're going from realistic to arcade and it's never even in that domain well balanced.

This is early access game and heli drone is new vehicle. This will be balanced. You are funny with your stupid rage.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

Guys calm down, the heli drone will get balanced; it has serious hitreg issues that cause most of the commotion and they're being fixed.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

About your RPG comment, then use tandem, also UGV Light cannon good against heli even at range 

• Like 2

10 hours ago, David.TT-133 said:

My dude, thanks for that great shout out, absolute love out to my man David.

Fun fact: The heli wasn't dodging and wasn't moving because I jammed it at the start of the video, that's how it works. You can even see it here :D

Now, remember that song Stan by Eminem? Stan is a crazed fan who loved Eminem before Eminem kinda went quiet on him because he was busy, and in the end, Stan decided to go too far and hated Eminem. In the song, that is.
So, Stan calm down, try to understand, that the game does want you as a fan.
Image result for eminem stan gif

See you soon,
Polak

• Haha 3

Just to add note, Please follow our forum rules, think 20 times before posting!!!

Listen peeps, this game is in Early Access stage. Which means everything will be tested during the process of development. We are listening to our community feedback and changes will be made during the process of development. There is no need to post hate comments, something will be broken or not working well because it's not 100% finished module !

• Like 1

image.thumb.png.0f5e96f2c38be012763aeb44cd63fcd2.png

This is where we need to stop for a while and say this: you're not even good, not even mediocre, whenever I played with you you always had bad K:D and poor amount of points, no matter where you played, Live or PTE you always ragequitted and said how bad this game is and shitted on it and it's developers, without giving any good feedback and how to fix problems except for bragging "how good you are" and how developers should change the core gameplay of the game to more realistic like Arma because you want this game to play like that. I have no clue how have you never been banned on Discord yet David, but I am gonna repeat myself once again: You're literal persona non grata and the most despised user since your criticism isn't even valid but straight up shitstorm. I can agree if it comes to Helidrone that it has really bad hitreg but that doesn't mean that you need to immediately attack the developers and change the whole gameplay of the game just because you want it.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

On 5/18/2019 at 6:16 AM, nubbits said:

2. Use a vehicle like an IFV

This one is straight out a bad idea. If you're far away from the heli, the travel time from the vehicle's cannon makes it difficult to aim. Furthermore, the traversal speed of the turret and maximum elevation mean that all the heli pilot has to do is fly it around you (which is easy because it is so fast) and just rocket the shit out of your vehicle.

Actually vehicles should be the main counter to the Heli Drone, you just need a proper config. Psst, kid. Have you heard about RCWSs? You might want to try one of these. 

It's true that balance is required but saying that there are no countermeasures for certain threats is not true.

Posted (edited)

Here for anyone having a problem taking out a Heli-Drone either because you can't catch it to unload MG mayhem or the UCAS-D is just too rich for your blood. I got a solution for you that will have you knocking Heli Drones out of the sky without much effort and you can do it from your main base. Ready?

CAFA7C16538ADF631303405B3EE95A1B8AAC368F

Just ram that black end into the face, side, or brown end of the Heli Drone while using shift to increase or letting off shift to decrease your Drone's movement speed. Your team won't thank you, but you will know you just took the Angel of Death out of play for a period of time.

Happy Hunting folks.

Edited by Dunabar
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 2

Posted (edited)
39 минут назад, Dunabar сказал:

Here for anyone having a problem taking out a Heli-Drone either because you can't catch it to unload MG mayhem or the UCAS-D is just too rich for your blood. I got a solution for you that will have you knocking Heli Drones out of the sky without much effort and you can do it from your main base. Ready?

CAFA7C16538ADF631303405B3EE95A1B8AAC368F

Just ram that black end into the face, side, or brown end of the Heli Drone while using shift to increase or letting off shift to decrease your Drone's movement speed. Your team won't thank you, but you will know you just took the Angel of Death out of play for a period of time.

Happy Hunting folks.

HeliDrone is much  more agile than Loitering Ammo, so it's rly pain in the ass to try to hit Heli with it. Especially on full server playing on low and  medium PCs. It's laggy and has too high inertia. U can hit with decent chances only ground targets.

And damn new players. Last 2 days I thogugt I have found a solution. I equipped UCAS-D and Loitering Ammo in one loadout. Yes, this combo cost is ~ equal to HeliDrone cost, but it's almost surekill even against skilled Helidriver. And this combo isn't working.😒 No skilled helidrivers. I'm calling in UCAS-D, start piloting Loitering Ammo but damn HeliDrone is already flying somewhere far out of bounds. Guys with 40-7 stats can't even land it or stop it and leave hanging in the air.

NO feeling of satisfaction even though HeliDrone is destroyed...

P.S. My Loitering Ammo won't slow down after I've released Shift button.

Edited by tynblpb

Posted (edited)

Just wait until it's hitreg is fixed then you can 1 hit it with tandem which isn't hard if you wait for the right moment to fire also quadcoper can have heat which also 1 hits with heat warhead i think. Also think about when you place down that jammer and he will have no time to escape, it's easy 

Edited by Salt Lord

22 hours ago, tynblpb said:

HeliDrone is much  more agile than Loitering Ammo, so it's rly pain in the ass to try to hit Heli with it. Especially on full server playing on low and  medium PCs. It's laggy and has too high inertia. U can hit with decent chances only ground targets.

True but it can still be used from your deployment zone without giving the Heli Pilot or his allies too much room to hunt you down. In the end you're just flying the thing around trying to hit the Heli Drone and when it does hit it's game over for the Helicopter Drone.

22 hours ago, tynblpb said:

And damn new players. Last 2 days I thogugt I have found a solution. I equipped UCAS-D and Loitering Ammo in one loadout. Yes, this combo cost is ~ equal to HeliDrone cost, but it's almost surekill even against skilled Helidriver. And this combo isn't working.😒 No skilled helidrivers. I'm calling in UCAS-D, start piloting Loitering Ammo but damn HeliDrone is already flying somewhere far out of bounds. Guys with 40-7 stats can't even land it or stop it and leave hanging in the air.

NO feeling of satisfaction even though HeliDrone is destroyed...

Well that depends on the person in the satisfaction department, but I can understand since there are Strikes I don't get much satisfaction out of using either.

It's not an impossible plan though to use the UCAS-D with the Litering Ammo Drone, so I say just keep at it.  👍

23 hours ago, tynblpb said:

P.S. My Loitering Ammo won't slow down after I've released Shift button.

I experienced this before when I would tap shift multiple times, it was like it locked in at that one speed, and I couldn't get to slow down. Try just hitting shift once and letting go which ideally -should- cause the Loitering Ammo to slow down after briefly speeding up.

Thanks to everyone for the tips, I love this community. Issue will probably be fixed with hitreg, but good to see people have come up with good answers to this problem. Didn't want to start a war here, was just pointing out the fact that it is pretty difficult to do without basically setting aside an entire loadout for anti-heli (LMG, Vehicles, UCAS-D, Loitering ammo).

Most people in game aren't on these forums, so it's pretty difficult to work with them to take out a heli, and even if they want to they have no idea how. I know this game isn't supposed to be hand-holdy, but it still really annoys me when a guy gets a 70 K/D without having to put any skin in the game and lag/hitreg problems (AS servers have >200 ping from Australia) making it very difficult to hit a fast moving thing like heli.

Posted (edited)
On 5/19/2019 at 9:59 AM, TCPPolak said:

My dude, thanks for that great shout out, absolute love out to my man David.

Fun fact: The heli wasn't dodging and wasn't moving because I jammed it at the start of the video, that's how it works. You can even see it here :D

Now, remember that song Stan by Eminem? Stan is a crazed fan who loved Eminem before Eminem kinda went quiet on him because he was busy, and in the end, Stan decided to go too far and hated Eminem. In the song, that is.
So, Stan calm down, try to understand, that the game does want you as a fan.

See you soon,
Polak

You do realize that your video is so out of whack...

You didn't kill that drone, it was already damaged when you used your Jammer. I have put several 60 round clips into a helo drone from windows at 20 yards...    & you fire 56 at a helo drone and it explodes... too funny.

I've also hit the same drone with 4 RPGs, from practically right below it... nothing. Why not take a video of a real encounter with a helo, not one flying back to the base to get healed up. 

Edited by trig0tron

Posted (edited)
34 minutes ago, trig0tron said:

You do realize that your video is so out of whack...

You didn't kill that drone, it was already damaged when you used your Jammer. I have put several 60 round clips into a helo drone from windows at 20 yards...    & you fire 56 at a helo drone and it explodes... too funny.

I've also hit the same drone with 4 RPGs, from practically right below it... nothing. Why not take a video of a real encounter with a helo, not one flying back to the base to get healed up. 

Also heli drone hitreg is broken so most hit you do won't register

Edited by Salt Lord

Posted (edited)

Are you genuinely slow, trig? Of course, the point of the game is teamwork lol. Plus it's more than possible with 60. I didn't hit all of them. The heli was actually just flying into the battlefield, and you can see the single RPG hit it just after I used my jammer. You can also see it turning from instead of going away from the base, to going to the base.

The hitreg is a problem, and 2 or 3 RPGs should be enough if hitreg counts it. I've see you literally say that  helis are the equivalent of cheating in the game. Not to mention those hackusations on legit players :P It's not worth considering a statement of someone who says that.

Also actually, a small edit here. Remember that same game you hackusated someone where I told you the heli is not impossible to shoot down and you said it is, so I took down two helis to prove it's not? Didn't even get a reply. You're making me sad.

Edited by TCPPolak

Just a little piece of food for thought: if we're going to be using "the game is based on teamwork, so it should take a team/squad working together to take out a heli drone" as a serious excuse, then where is the teamwork required in manning the drone? 

The teamwork excuse has at least some ground in the case of ground vehicles which require much better positioning skills and are in general more vulnerable (easier to shoot/hit, land mines, airstrikes, artillery), but a heli drone pilot doesn't really need the same level of coordination and support to do their job effectively. Vehicles are a "one man army" construct in this game, so as far as I'm concerned there's no reason why solo infantry shouldn't be able to combat them on their own. 

• Like 4

On 5/24/2019 at 9:44 AM, TCPPolak said:

Are you genuinely slow, trig? Of course, the point of the game is teamwork lol. Plus it's more than possible with 60. I didn't hit all of them. The heli was actually just flying into the battlefield, and you can see the single RPG hit it just after I used my jammer. You can also see it turning from instead of going away from the base, to going to the base.

The hitreg is a problem, and 2 or 3 RPGs should be enough if hitreg counts it. I've see you literally say that  helis are the equivalent of cheating in the game. Not to mention those hackusations on legit players :P It's not worth considering a statement of someone who says that.

Also actually, a small edit here. Remember that same game you hackusated someone where I told you the heli is not impossible to shoot down and you said it is, so I took down two helis to prove it's not? Didn't even get a reply. You're making me sad.

Yeah, it is sad.

Did F51 release a visual on the helo hitbox..  I must of missed that.  And again, I fired two clips of 60 (5.56) into the back of one and went OOA (out of ammo), & pulled out rpg and put two of those into it. It just flew away. So..

That^ is the reality we have today... and in which I am speaking of. You are countering   -in saying everything is ok, because in the future F51 is changing something. This I agree on because the game isn't being released until about a year from now. 

Matter of fact, I don't think bullets should even be able to take down a drone...  I already said rock-paper-scissor w/leviathan having surface to air/AA style Battle Point option. If 6 guys want to stand around firing at a drone, then ok. But to me that sounds absurd, because I carry 3 RPG's... 

(side bar)

When you play against someone repeatedly, then again with the same "someone" in your squad, you get a sense of their "know-abouts". And One takes note of how they react at hitting a base with exactitude and killing (while not sweeping traditional corners) , seemingly with info not privy to our GUI. Or their no-cross-hairs accuracy (from the hip) ability to hit someone cradled between the rocks at 140meters while on the run over (over my shoulder) and killing them with just 5 bullets, while....    only firing 5 bullets….!  (?)   And doing this seemingly often, when instantly within line of sight, with no legitimate reason to know they were there. And not in one instance, or two... it is a repeatable pattern if you just put your scope on them and watch. And not just one game, or even 4 games...

So I do call them out for questionable play and any community should. Odd though, that most of Their responses is always "prove it!"..    So when beta hits (& new hardware tech drop next month or so) I will begin recording & submitting and not bothering with them in-game. Though it is absurd, that you are making the suggestion, that there are no cheaters in this game, and/or that I am not capable of noticing them. I wish them luck on that. 

20 hours ago, Zvolteh said:

Just a little piece of food for thought: if we're going to be using "the game is based on teamwork, so it should take a team/squad working together to take out a heli drone" as a serious excuse, then where is the teamwork required in manning the drone? 

The teamwork excuse has at least some ground in the case of ground vehicles which require much better positioning skills and are in general more vulnerable (easier to shoot/hit, land mines, airstrikes, artillery), but a heli drone pilot doesn't really need the same level of coordination and support to do their job effectively. Vehicles are a "one man army" construct in this game, so as far as I'm concerned there's no reason why solo infantry shouldn't be able to combat them on their own. 

And to further that point, (and suggested by someone already), that FLYING drones should be limited in radius from the operator. Not to mention that said helo drone should be air dropped in, near the operator.

Helo drones are 15x bigger than a quadcopter... does it run on gas, or batteries..? 

Posted (edited)

heli is just a BIGGEST game mistake. Thats it

-999 points to gryffindor

Edited by Atway
  • Like 4

since i'm smarter than devs of that game, i would just make an anti air missile with locking feature. But that just me i'm not them and i'm glad to not be.

<Removed>

3 hours ago, David.TT-133 said:

since i'm smarter than devs of that game, i would just make an anti air missile with locking feature. But that just me i'm not them and i'm glad to not be.

<Removed>

David, part of telling the game to go **** itself is to not return to it. Clearly the Game, the Devs, & Polak have such meaningful free real estate in your head that you can't just simply leave and stay gone.

/weedtime

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

Why are you guys shooting at the drone with bullets anyway lol. To me that seems like a dumb f*cking idea, to just irritate the pilot into focusing on you. Use tandem shells they work most of the time.