nubbits

Literally just a rant about helicopter drone

1 hour ago, NeoOrNeon said:

Why are you guys shooting at the drone with bullets anyway lol. To me that seems like a dumb f*cking idea, to just irritate the pilot into focusing on you. Use tandem shells they work most of the time.

lol yeah i know 

On 5/19/2019 at 3:09 PM, Borreh said:

Guys calm down, the heli drone will get balanced; it has serious hitreg issues that cause most of the commotion and they're being fixed.

Any ETA on to the drone hitbox/hitreg issue fix? Had some games lately with annoying helis and hitting them with tank shells, rpg, 25mm etc. mostly just "dusted" on them. Jamming and then shooting is still reliable but those juice hits while the chopper is moving (especially sideways) are not working.

6 minutes ago, Fullback said:

Any ETA on to the drone hitbox/hitreg issue fix? Had some games lately with annoying helis and hitting them with tank shells, rpg, 25mm etc. mostly just "dusted" on them. Jamming and then shooting is still reliable but those juice hits while the chopper is moving (especially sideways) are not working.

Fix is already out and personally i have rarely seen tank shells and RPG dust when hitting it 

I played yesterday and the hitbox is still not perfect. RPG and tank shells dust like crazy on the chopper.

After playing with the chopper for some time I can say it's really strong but you can take it down. I just feel like it's still not there yet.

I'm not entirely sold on the optics of the chopper as it makes spotting infantry very easy. No way for you to hide as poor infantry. Same health/weapons as now - optics would make it a little harder to use but you can still do well if you are good with it.

You can take them down with concentrated fire. I had a round on polyarny (don't know if I got it right) where the enemy atempted to get two of them. I had a fairly competent team that just lit those things on fire the instant they showed themselves. They were gone in seconds.

I think most people are just too afraid of them. If a couple of players just open fire on them simultaneously they aren't a threat at all.

I'm good with heli, only thing that should be balanced could be ammo count, forcing the user to go back base to refill a bit more often.

It has quite too many ammo in my opinion, especially missiles, that gives him a big control over an area for too long.

Well can we make the tandem a one shot on it? It's goddamn hard to hit a chopper which is moving and then you actually manage to do it!!!..... and it does 75 damage...

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Fullback said:

Well can we make the tandem a one shot on it? It's goddamn hard to hit a chopper which is moving and then you actually manage to do it!!!..... and it does 75 damage...

Idea seconded. Since it does a lot of damage to ground vehicles, it doesn't make any sense why it shouldn't take a heli drone down in 1-shot (heli drone compared to tank armor is like papier-mâché). It's already hard enough to land a shot with an RPG if there're any arguments made as to it's gonna be too OP against helis.

On 7/7/2019 at 3:29 PM, Fullback said:

Same goes for the stormbreaker strike. Why can't a missile that oneshots IFVs/AFVs do the same to a heli?

I think that temporarly removing that thing from game, until it is fixed, will just do a lot of good.

1) On Moscow map it can fire you straight into spawn (if you are on southern spawn)

2) Hit registration is laggy

3) A chopper that can withstand an RPG hit and still be fully functional? Even Boeing CH-47 Chinook (which is according to my knowledge the most armored chopper in service) is in huge truble after getting hit by RPG and it is definetly not fully operational.

This chopper needs to be one shot by any kind of rocket and it doesn't matter which one. Tandem will blow throw it and destroy engine / cut out tail. Default HEAT will do the same. HE will twist propeller and break its functionability, it will loose drag and go down.
With it's mobility there is still enough space (literally) to manuever and avoid any kind of rockets.

I have to agree with someone that this drone is driving new players away from that game (and not only new ones) whenever I think of going to play WW3, I just remember that this drone exists and usually, I go play something else. I can live with ocassionals crashes/freezes, but now with that thing above my head. :(

• Like 2

21 hours ago, PartTimeAHole said:

Same goes for the stormbreaker strike. Why can't a missile that oneshots IFVs/AFVs do the same to a heli?

I agree it should 1 hit but honestly it's very dumb using it against a heli since the chance of you hitting is very small 

13 hours ago, Rune said:

I think that temporarly removing that thing from game, until it is fixed, will just do a lot of good.

1) On Moscow map it can fire you straight into spawn (if you are on southern spawn)

2) Hit registration is laggy

3) A chopper that can withstand an RPG hit and still be fully functional? Even Boeing CH-47 Chinook (which is according to my knowledge the most armored chopper in service) is in huge truble after getting hit by RPG and it is definetly not fully operational.

This chopper needs to be one shot by any kind of rocket and it doesn't matter which one. Tandem will blow throw it and destroy engine / cut out tail. Default HEAT will do the same. HE will twist propeller and break its functionability, it will loose drag and go down.
With it's mobility there is still enough space (literally) to manuever and avoid any kind of rockets.

I have to agree with someone that this drone is driving new players away from that game (and not only new ones) whenever I think of going to play WW3, I just remember that this drone exists and usually, I go play something else. I can live with ocassionals crashes/freezes, but now with that thing above my head. :(

That's just a very unnecessary and complicated feature. Also 1. Know it's not driving a way players because if it did then tank players that also get high killstreaks also do. 2. Why should dev remove something just because most players decide to just ignore it and let it go on a rampage without doing anything about it and then complain that it's OP? i went 72-0 in a BTR because most of them ignored me 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

2 hours ago, Salt Lord said:

I agree it should 1 hit but honestly it's very dumb using it against a heli since the chance of you hitting is very small 

I used UCAS-D before. 

11 hours ago, Rune said:

On a second thought, i agree.

Any kind of rocket should mess up helies (Black Hawk Down anyone?).

More, it is so hard to hit heli drone with RPG that a direct hit should reward the skilled player with a kill, inspiring others to do the same.

Edited by Ziogualty
Added, "on a second thought"

6 hours ago, Salt Lord said:

That's just a very unnecessary and complicated feature. Also 1. Know it's not driving a way players because if it did then tank players that also get high killstreaks also do. 2. Why should dev remove something just because most players decide to just ignore it and let it go on a rampage without doing anything about it and then complain that it's OP? i went 72-0 in a BTR because most of them ignored me 

1) I have literally stopped playing it, just because the drone and because people aren't saying that on forum, might be because they completly lost interest in the game.

2) Shooting like 6-7 rockets hitting 2 standard RPG, while few more guys are trying to hit it with small fire arms is not ignoring it. But it still went on rampage, because you need to hit it like a milion times, but he needs just one rocket close to you.

3) Tanks are different if you charge a tank between 6 people you are dead, but if you charge chopper drone between 6 people you can simply outmanuever almost all hits and those hits that gets you do nothing. You have to play much more defensively even when on offence with tank as you cannot just fly up/down to hide above/behind building and you cannot do strafes etc. Drone has too many advantages above other vehicles, but almost no weaknesses as it is almost as tough as APC (with 3 standard RPG shots you can take down both, only tandem does more but you cannot allways sit on equipment pack and keep reloading one tandem rocket)

3 hours ago, PartTimeAHole said:

I used UCAS-D before. 

There is way too much time for escape, that it is almost useless at the cost of BP.

45 minutes ago, Ziogualty said:

On a second thought, i agree.

Any kind of rocket should mess up helies (Black Hawk Down anyone?).

More, it is so hard to hit heli drone with RPG that a direct hit should reward the skilled player with a kill, inspiring others to do the same.

I have played few FPS games with vehicles and this is literally first game where hitting chopper with rocket launcher does almost nothing, anywhere else it goes kaboom or looses drag and go down. And there is more films than Black Hawk Down, where you can see even chinooks and Mi-Hinds getting shot down with a single RPG rocket and for few times it is not just Holywood BS :)

1 hour ago, Rune said:

1) I have literally stopped playing it, just because the drone and because people aren't saying that on forum, might be because they completly lost interest in the game.

Or most players don't have a issue with it anymore and they learned how to take it out. Just because you left game because of it doesn't others do aswell 

27 minutes ago, Salt Lord said:

Or most players don't have a issue with it anymore and they learned how to take it out. Just because you left game because of it doesn't others do aswell 

Yesterday I had a round and even the team of a guy who was using the drone was swearing about the heli drone. Thats where I found out that heli drone can spawn camp on Moscow if you are a team spawning on south.

And like two or three days ago I also had one round and literally half of our team rage quited after 5 min of getting raped by that drone.

And trust me almost everyone was trying to destroy it, but it was just dusting hits...

41 minutes ago, Rune said:

Yesterday I had a round and even the team of a guy who was using the drone was swearing about the heli drone. Thats where I found out that heli drone can spawn camp on Moscow if you are a team spawning on south.

And like two or three days ago I also had one round and literally half of our team rage quited after 5 min of getting raped by that drone.

And trust me almost everyone was trying to destroy it, but it was just dusting hits...

Well, I had enough rounds where this thing could not even spawn properly because it was dead as soon as it was seen. Or rounds where this thing was completely useless, because it got scared away by 3 dudes shooting at it.

Honestly, if people would stop crying and started to shoot at that damned drone, there would not be a problem at all.

In my opinion the heli only needs some small adjustments.

21 minutes ago, PartTimeAHole said:

Well, I had enough rounds where this thing could not even spawn properly because it was dead as soon as it was seen. Or rounds where this thing was completely useless, because it got scared away by 3 dudes shooting at it.

Honestly, if people would stop crying and started to shoot at that damned drone, there would not be a problem at all.

Same, seen matches where heli gets destroyed in seconds 

1 hour ago, PartTimeAHole said:

1 hour ago, Salt Lord said:

Same, seen matches where heli gets destroyed in seconds 

I have seen those matches too. But I am speaking about matches where the pilot was not a totally incopetent noob, who probably spawned it first time.

I am speaking about situations where our team is winning (full capture of two zones and pushing on the last one for like half of game) and than a chopper drone spawnes and pushed us literally back to spawn, because no matter how hard we try it don't go down. Maybe when you meet competent pilot and figure out how unbalanced this thing is you might change opinion.

17 minutes ago, Rune said:

I have seen those matches too. But I am speaking about matches where the pilot was not a totally incopetent noob, who probably spawned it first time.

I am speaking about situations where our team is winning (full capture of two zones and pushing on the last one for like half of game) and than a chopper drone spawnes and pushed us literally back to spawn, because no matter how hard we try it don't go down. Maybe when you meet competent pilot and figure out how unbalanced this thing is you might change opinion.

I have played against pilots but i also had good players in my team that knows how to take it out, people just need to learn how to take it out. 

2 hours ago, Rune said:

I would not say all pilots I met were incompetent. I just say, that in those rounds my team wasn't afraid of shooting at the drone. Most of the times when a heli was destroying us, nobody wanted to fight it in the first place. People notice that cheeky bastard and get demoralized, that's why they are getting wrecked.

The hitreg issues were mostly fixed, so there is no excuse for not putting some bullets in it. You don't even need any special weapon, a couple of people shooting lead are sufficient

If the heli is inbetween 6 people and not under fire, it's not the game's fault.

3 hours ago, PartTimeAHole said:

I would not say all pilots I met were incompetent. I just say, that in those rounds my team wasn't afraid of shooting at the drone. Most of the times when a heli was destroying us, nobody wanted to fight it in the first place. People notice that cheeky bastard and get demoralized, that's why they are getting wrecked.

The hitreg issues were mostly fixed, so there is no excuse for not putting some bullets in it. You don't even need any special weapon, a couple of people shooting lead are sufficient

If the heli is inbetween 6 people and not under fire, it's not the game's fault.

I said we were shooting on it, it was dusting and it simply just killed everyone. I understood that you just decided that you are the only person who can be right.

So far I have seen like 100 pilots of chopper who were total noobs and lost their chopper in less than minute. But than I saw also like 10 pilots who changed the whole battle, just by themself, they know how to fly it and remember two guys (one was LZ or LG or something like that) he was so laggy that his chopper was teleporting. My RPG shot flew threw the chopper, nothing, than it ported 10meters back. Good luck dealing with this.

Also so far I met like 20 really good tank drivers, who did a great job, but they didn't change outcome of the battle.

Still whatever you think, nothing changes fact, that this BS should go down on a single hit of rocket, or like 3-4 hits of 20mm HE (which is probably not even in game, but thats what choppers usually can take)

8 hours ago, Rune said:

I said we were shooting on it, it was dusting and it simply just killed everyone. I understood that you just decided that you are the only person who can be right.

So far I have seen like 100 pilots of chopper who were total noobs and lost their chopper in less than minute. But than I saw also like 10 pilots who changed the whole battle, just by themself, they know how to fly it and remember two guys (one was LZ or LG or something like that) he was so laggy that his chopper was teleporting. My RPG shot flew threw the chopper, nothing, than it ported 10meters back. Good luck dealing with this.

Also so far I met like 20 really good tank drivers, who did a great job, but they didn't change outcome of the battle.

Still whatever you think, nothing changes fact, that this BS should go down on a single hit of rocket, or like 3-4 hits of 20mm HE (which is probably not even in game, but thats what choppers usually can take)

No, I'm not the only person who can be right. The point there. Is, we both provided anectodal evidence. As far as I'm concerned we both are right. I'm just giving my opinion on this, based on my rounds with the heli. You made it sound like your round was the rule and everything else the exception, though. 

Unlike you I've had round where Tanks/IFVs changed the battle. However, this also only happened, because my team didn't want to mess them. 

Heck, I've even had a single sniper turning the tides. There will always be people, who wipe the floor with anyone else, this has nothing unique to the heli. 

I think, a tandem should one hit them as well. And maybe they should stop moving once the pilot lost connection during a jam. It's really a pain in the butt if this thing ist still moving full speed. 

Edited by PartTimeAHole

Outside of the period just passed launch when you could drive a tank into the enemy spawn and sit on their repair station making you unkillable while constantly spawn killing, I've never seen a tanker perform as well as a good heli, and certainly not nearly as consistently. The ultimate mobility + highest offensive capability in the game + fairly heavy armor for what it is? Yeaaaahhh sorry but there's no real defending it when you compare to how well the other vehicle strikes do. Just look at the battle robot and Leviathan, I hardly see someone get more than a couple kills before they get destroyed. Even considering the difference in BP cost, a heli costing 2x more than a Leviathan seems far more than twice as effective.