nubbits

Literally just a rant about helicopter drone

3 hours ago, PartTimeAHole said:

Unlike you I've had round where Tanks/IFVs changed the battle. However, this also only happened, because my team didn't want to mess them. 

Even when you do have a team that doesn't work to take the vehicles out, it's definitely easier to solo kill even an upgraded tank than it is to solo kill a heli in my experience.

4 minutes ago, Zvolteh said:

Outside of the period just passed launch when you could drive a tank into the enemy spawn and sit on their repair station making you unkillable while constantly spawn killing, I've never seen a tanker perform as well as a good heli, and certainly not nearly as consistently. The ultimate mobility + highest offensive capability in the game + fairly heavy armor for what it is? Yeaaaahhh sorry but there's no real defending it when you compare to how well the other vehicle strikes do. Just look at the battle robot and Leviathan, I hardly see someone get more than a couple kills before they get destroyed. Even considering the difference in BP cost, a heli costing 2x more than a Leviathan seems far more than twice as effective. 

Battle bot technically has more health than heli drone.  Also it's the rocket weapons that's OP not the heli itself so why not just nerf the rocket weapons? 

Posted (edited)

In WW3 most of the action happens at ground level: enemy soldiers, tanks, and so on. 

Heli is the only thing that actually requires you to ignore what's happening at ground level and making you look up in the sky (like a sitting duck).

More, heli costs a lot and they are never constantly present in the battlefield for all the match, so people tend to forget about it (and sometimes, you ca play a whole match were enemy helies are not present or not driven correctly, so not a issue to take care seriously). Or just hope someone else will take care of it.

People just need to get used to the heli threat, i think it will take a while.

Edited by Ziogualty

1 hour ago, Ziogualty said:

In WW3 most of the action happens at ground level: enemy soldiers, tanks, and so on. 

Heli is the only thing that actually requires you to ignore what's happening at ground level and making you look up in the sky (like a sitting duck).

More, heli costs a lot and they are never constantly present in the battlefield for all the match, so people tend to forget about it (and sometimes, you ca play a whole match were enemy helies are not present or not driven correctly, so not a issue to take care seriously). Or just hope someone else will take care of it.

Yeah 

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, Ziogualty said:

The days of BF3, and especially certain maps like Gulf Of Oman, were awful if you didn't deal with the threat. Adding to that, good pilots could use cover to avoid stinger locks and their flares (once upgraded) could cool down faster than a single stinger could reload. That was the point. You needed to co-ordinate your squad to send them to all compass points on the map so he had nowhere to hide, than make life miserable until he quit. It was an easily viable tactic once you knew how. 

Can anyone clear up this alternate ammo thing for me? I seem to be able to switch ammo type to do more damage to armour, but I only get one magazine. Is this by design? I have yet to try an LMG build with special ammo which I can switch to when heli drone is going unchallenged by my team.

Edited by ExInferis
I can't English today.

57 minutes ago, ExInferis said:

switch ammo type to do more damage to armour, but I only get one magazine. Is this by design?

Yep. It's labelled as "extra ammunition", so it's only a single mag (or 30 bullets, idk which gun gets how much.) You need to refill this with ammo boxes a lot more often. I assume it's by design so that it's not like everyone uses HP and cuts down the TTK by like 30% or even 50% or whatever the number is, cause otherwise there'd be little point in using AP or FMJ against people.

19 hours ago, Salt Lord said:

Battle bot technically has more health than heli drone.  Also it's the rocket weapons that's OP not the heli itself so why not just nerf the rocket weapons? 

That's exactly what I've been an advocate for since the begining. It's pretty apparent this is the case as soon as you see someone using the machine guns on a heli. 

I still think the thermal vision makes it too easy for pilots. Other than that it's ok.

Posted (edited)

The helidrone is extremely annoying and gamebreaking. Fix hitreg, make it killable by single RPG shot. I recommend releasing hotfix specificaly just for it. Or disable it. This team cooperation argument is garbage, since there are only 20 players, random publics, who also AFK and total noobs who have no idea how to do anything. GJ giving them heliraep first impressions. Heli should be removed from game untill is fixed. Or put it to PTE only.

Edited by ClawHawkCZE
  • Like 3

2 hours ago, ClawHawkCZE said:

Heli should be removed from game untill is fixed

Exactly! not only is it that there are hitreg issues for every 2nd shot, but also heli laggs AF - it literally teleports

So now we have OP shit which should be easy destroyable, but its not so due to bad hitreg, lags and no special weapons to counter it, only "ersatz weapons"

Heli is broken. B-R-O-K-E-N. Seriously, remove it util it get fixed

• Like 3

Posted (edited)
16 minutes ago, Atway said:

not only is it that there are hitreg issues for every 2nd shot, but also heli laggs AF - it literally teleports

sadly this.

This week i experienced that in almost all games where heli was present: hitboxes makes it very hard to kill, but lag makes it literally godmode.

I'm not against the heli drone in general, but in his actual state it can make a whole match unbalanced and quite frustrating.

Edited by Ziogualty

U both are simply weak(willed). Destroyed few HeliDrones with Pecheneg and UCAS-D in last 2 days.

@tynblpb I also destroy some Helis with the M417. It is absolutely possible. But what they say is still true. Given the lag issues at the moment and the broken hitbox it is difficult and unreliable do destroy the Heli and while I would not say that it is OP per se I would argue that it is far too easy to be extremely powerful with it.

I would propose to decrease the effectiveness of the rockets and the visibility of infantry via infrared optics. Then somebody would maybe consider to use the MGs on the Heli and going on a massive rampage would not be as easy. On the other hand any RPG should be a one hit and the hitreg should be fixed of course.

1 minute ago, tynblpb said:

U both are simply weak(willed). Destroyed few HeliDrones with Pecheneg and UCAS-D in last 2 days.

First of all is the only threat flying, and if you are looking at the sky you cannot see the other 14 enemies at ground level. I dunno if your enemies are kind enough not to shoot you wile you unload 80 rounds at the heli drone (no one take credits to blow an already badly damaged heli, right?). 

Second: Heli drone is quite maneuvrable (as it should be): can slide, accelerate and can change height, so is by far the hardest thing to hit in the game compared to other threats.

UCAS lasts 15 secs, you need clean LoF and, as said, no one shooting at you. Just to breathe untill the next come.

That being said, heli drones are still killable, i took down some and i'm pretty sure everyone did. They are just hard nuts to kill.

Teleporting ones, on the other hand, are just a completely different thing. Perma jamming the whole map for 45 minutes is the only option for not let a single flying drone ruin the game. Cause laggy helis are just immortal. Period.

P.S. About "you are simply weak": let's forget about it, ok? Everyone makes mistakes.

9 hours ago, tynblpb said:

i didnt say its not possible, i destroyed heli more than 100 times. I just saying that its broken AF which gives a HUGE advantage to heli and HUGE disadvantage to infantry

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Just a little update. 

On previous post i say laggy Heli drone is immortal. Then yesterday i see how lag works on infantry: same god mode properties.

I was on Poly, on A2, and the enemy soldier literally teleport 5 meters every sec. I did not record a single hit on him, no matter if i shoot at the soldier or trying shoot ahead of his path.

Poor heli drone recieve all the bad feelings, but the lag/teleport issue can affect every single thing in game it seems.

12 minutes ago, Ziogualty said:

On previous post i say laggy Heli drone is immortal. Then yesterday i see how lag works on infantry: same god mode properties.

I was on Poly, on A2, and the enemy soldier literally teleport 5 meters every sec. I did not record a single hit on him, no matter if i shoot at the soldier or trying shoot ahead of his path.

Poor heli drone recieve all the bad feelings, but the lag/teleport issue can affect every single thing in game it seems.

in case of infantrymen you can kill him with explosion close to him (grenade, vehicle shot, heli shot, tons of strikes and so on), or you need hit him at least 2-3 times. And 1 infantrymen is not a big threat. But in case of Heli you must directly hit it with something powerfull (tank shell, RPG, suicide drone and so on). And laggy heli is much bigger threat than 1 infantrymen.

Posted (edited)
14 minutes ago, Atway said:

in case of infantrymen you can kill him with explosion close to him (grenade, vehicle shot, heli shot, tons of strikes and so on), or you need hit him at least 2-3 times. And 1 infantrymen is not a big threat. But in case of Heli you must directly hit it with something powerfull (tank shell, RPG, suicide drone and so on). And laggy heli is much bigger threat than 1 infantrymen.

Agree.

What i wanted to point out was the "technical issue" more than the gameplay balance.

Of course a single soldier is not a big deal. Yet if devs want to work on solving the teleport thing i saw it's not just a heli drone issue, so maybe they can collect more data and look deeper into it.

Edited by Ziogualty

2 minutes ago, Ziogualty said:

What i wanted to point out was the "technical issue" more than the gameplay balance.

right, but these "technical issues" multiply balance issues by many-MANY times. As in your case with infantrymen - he was laggy... well, ok, he killed 2-3 more people and died by airstrike (for example). 

But heli, which can be hit only 1 of 10 times due to technical issues becomes a big problem. 

Infantrymen: has limited view, firearm (need aim), dies by few shots from any weapon

heli: has almost unlimited thermal view, rockets (aim is for idiots), dies by 1 tandem (or 70-100 bullets) but thanks to technical issues sometimes its not possible even for jammed heli. Also tandem deals only 75 damage if hit its nose. Can go repair any time

7 hours ago, Atway said:

right, but these "technical issues" multiply balance issues by many-MANY times. As in your case with infantrymen - he was laggy... well, ok, he killed 2-3 more people and died by airstrike (for example). 

But heli, which can be hit only 1 of 10 times due to technical issues becomes a big problem. 

Infantrymen: has limited view, firearm (need aim), dies by few shots from any weapon

heli: has almost unlimited thermal view, rockets (aim is for idiots), dies by 1 tandem (or 70-100 bullets) but thanks to technical issues sometimes its not possible even for jammed heli. Also tandem deals only 75 damage if hit its nose. Can go repair any time

Then we wait until they fix the server issues and improve hitreg, which will probably be fixed when 0.7 goes live since they are updating the servers to a improved version. Until then there is nothing we can do. 

Posted (edited)

It has insane splash with missiles. Even tank HE round doesn't has so.

It can strafe AF, turning around target. when looking in the center. Remember, BF3-4 helis weren't so maneuverable.

It doesn't die after direct tank gun hit.

After jamming it flies up to the sky, where nothing can hit it.

Edited by †FeuerEuphorie†
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, †FeuerEuphorie† said:

After jamming it flies up to the sky, where nothing can hit it.

or just hides over buildings

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Atway said:

or just hides over buildings

Then start thinking about where it is before you actually jam it instead of just putting it down whenever. 

Edited by Salt Lord

Just now, Salt Lord said:

Then start thinking about where it is when you actually jam it instead of just putting it down whenever. 

Berlin, Warsaw - 2 seconds to hide over any bulding. start thinking ;) 

ChopperRPGGif.gif.4c68f88344085fdb8123ced505f15e6c.gif

I hit a new low today. Gonna take a break until something changes about the chopper.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1