nubbits

Literally just a rant about helicopter drone

2 hours ago, Fullback said:

ChopperRPGGif.gif.4c68f88344085fdb8123ced505f15e6c.gif

I hit a new low today. Gonna take a break until something changes about the chopper.

Your fault. The shot was so easy you were simply too lazy not to aim the heli drone weak spots.

:D

Jokes apart. I feel you. You did an amazing skill shot just to take away 1/3 of his hitpoints and achieve nothing. 

Frustrating as hell imho.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, Fullback said:

ChopperRPGGif.gif.4c68f88344085fdb8123ced505f15e6c.gif

I hit a new low today. Gonna take a break until something changes about the chopper.

Heli has more armor on it's belly than on the other parts. Also use tandem rockets 

Edited by Salt Lord
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Salt Lord said:

Heli has more armor on it's belly than on the other parts. Also use tandem rockets 

This is your reply to this....? Nothing wrong with the balance part of the game I'm just bad?

Ok...

1 hour ago, Fullback said:

This is your reply to this....? Nothing wrong with the balance part of the game I'm just bad?

Ok...

Never said that 

Only said that it has more armor on it's belly if you didn't know 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, HeiligeRobbe said:

Well, kinda hard to hit its top ^^ imo the heli should be a one shot by any rgb. 

1 regular rocket + Tandem or 3 regular rockets imo

• Like 1
  • Angry 1

Nope it's a flying tank atm. It has amazing offensive potential and takes hits like crazy. Where is the drawback?

It should be a flying glasscannon. Very good offense capability and manoeuvrability but not much health.

Have you tried hitting a moving chopper 3 times with a rpg? Thats mad.

I agree with 1 hit with any rpg (or at least standart and tandem).

Nahhh standard should do like 80% or 90% damage but only tandem should 1 hit from full HP 

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, Salt Lord said:

Nahhh standard should do like 80% or 90% damage but only tandem should 1 hit from full HP 

Yeah, something like this.

• Like 2

20 hours ago, PartTimeAHole said:

Yeah, something like this.

I'm okay with this too, kinda.

Rockets are the biggest issue that is unbalanced with the heli. No one ever complains about a heli being OP when the heli is using the machine guns because compared to the rockets it's like running around with a pistol. 

So we're left in an awkward position where survivability nerfs just make the machine gun heli even less usable. 

Maybe it needs a more distinguished weight/armor/gun system. Increase the weight for rockets and make armor/health something selectable that adds weight too. From there you could make weight significantly impact maneuverability and handing. A heli with light armor and rockets would be medium speed but able to be killed easy, while a heavy armored heli with machine guns would also be medium speed but not die as quick. You could make armored with rockets (as it is now) but it would be slow to move and turn, making it able to take a couple more hits but harder to get away. 

Posted (edited)
54 minutes ago, Zvolteh said:

I'm okay with this too, kinda.

Rockets are the biggest issue that is unbalanced with the heli. No one ever complains about a heli being OP when the heli is using the machine guns because compared to the rockets it's like running around with a pistol. 

So we're left in an awkward position where survivability nerfs just make the machine gun heli even less usable. 

Maybe it needs a more distinguished weight/armor/gun system. Increase the weight for rockets and make armor/health something selectable that adds weight too. From there you could make weight significantly impact maneuverability and handing. A heli with light armor and rockets would be medium speed but able to be killed easy, while a heavy armored heli with machine guns would also be medium speed but not die as quick. You could make armored with rockets (as it is now) but it would be slow to move and turn, making it able to take a couple more hits but harder to get away. 

I agree, heli should have 2 different versions. Like a scout heli drone and a attack heli drone 

@Kony i honestly think it's the best option.

Edited by Salt Lord

Just wait for the next patch. 1 Tandem = it's over.

[TWEAK] Heli Drone decreased HP (600 to 450), increased armor thickness against bullets

• Like 4

Posted (edited)
54 минуты назад, Kony сказал:

[TWEAK] Heli Drone decreased HP (600 to 450), increased armor thickness against bullets

But the amount of bullet hits to destroy is the same?

Edited by tynblpb

27 minutes ago, tynblpb said:

No, the health of the helo is lowered. It'll die 25% faster from bullets after next patch, Tandems just do so much damage that it'll be a oneshot.

1 hour ago, Kony said:

whats about fixes for its collision and laggy teleporting/jerky movement?

Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, tynblpb said:

The difference might include a few bullets. That's why we increased armor thickness against bullets in abovementioned post.

Edited by Kony

1 minute ago, Matt_dOvale said:

No, the health of the helo is lowered

31 minutes ago, tynblpb said:

increased armor thickness against bullets

I think it means that bullets will deal less damage to it, so despite of its lowered HP, the amount of bullets will be the same. The idea of the fix is to make it oneshotable by tandem, but keep it the same against bullets

35 minutes ago, Atway said:

I think it means that bullets will deal less damage to it, so despite of its lowered HP, the amount of bullets will be the same. The idea of the fix is to make it oneshotable by tandem, but keep it the same against bullets

38 minutes ago, Atway said:

increased armor thickness against bullets

Omg I can't read, thanks for pointing out ?

I still don't understand why you haven't nerfed the rocket weapons yet since they are the main problem 

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Salt Lord said:

I still don't understand why you haven't nerfed the rocket weapons yet since they are the main problem 

not only rockets but:

bad hitreg - no comment

"flying tank" - 3 single stage rockets/ 1-2 tandem/ ~100+ bullets

no-brainer weapon - just spam rockets somewhere on the ground

too good maneuverability/speed - faster than loitering ammo, able to avoid it easily

other bugs (like for loitering ammo) which makes everything worse twice

The Rockets are still the main reason for it being so strong. If a heli was using the MG weapons that basically like a guy using a pistol compared to MG5. 

• Like 1

Well, most likely these are not all the changes of the next patch. But I agree, rocket rapes should be made harder (I would suggest to make rockets less effective and infantry less visible with ir optics) and it is just in general too easy to be good with it. 

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Salt Lord said:

Nerf rocket itself probably will not solve the issue entirely. As Atway rightly said, rockets are so easy to use that if you (let's say a "huge" nerf) half their damage the operator just have to click lmb 2 times instead of one to get the same result.

Actually the heli drone has just no purpose, other than kill tons and be annoying. 

One good solution imho could be to drastically lower the ammo count, paired with longer reload time at base.

This way the heli should tactically work like a heavy damage/burst tool, to clear a position for his squad when needed.

I can live with actual rocket damage, but give the drone like 6 or 8 total. Enough to kill an entire squad, or a tank (depend on rockets mm).

Heli comes, unleash hell and go away, what happen next is a ground - level business. A sort of jdam but way more precise and more versatile.

To make it a "burst" weapon, instead of this anarchist "camping the sky harassing everyone for minutes" thing that it is now.

Edited by Ziogualty
  • Like 3

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Ziogualty said:

Nerf rocket itself probably will not solve the issue entirely. As Atway rightly said, rockets are so easy to use that if you (let's say a "huge" nerf) half their damage the operator just have to click lmb 2 times instead of one to get the same result.

Actually the heli drone has just no purpose, other than kill tons and be annoying. 

One good solution imho could be to drastically lower the ammo count, paired with longer reload time at base.

This way the heli should tactically work like a heavy damage/burst tool, to clear a position for his squad when needed.

I can live with actual rocket damage, but give the drone like 6 or 8 total. Enough to kill an entire squad, or a tank (depend on rockets mm).

Heli comes, unleash hell and go away, what happen next is a ground - level business. A sort of jdam but way more precise and more versatile.

To make it a "burst" weapon, instead of this anarchist "camping the sky harassing everyone for minutes" thing that it is now.

Thing about that is that you also need to think about how it is for the pilot. Only having 1 mag of rockets and then having to fly all the way back to Base and rearm everytime will be very frustrating and annoying for the pilot and just takes away all the fun. Sure it fixes 1 thing but creates another problem. And we all know that people will still complain about it even if you made it like that 

Edited by Salt Lord
  • Like 2