nubbits

Literally just a rant about helicopter drone

Was playing 1 round vs 1 heliwhoring guy. Antifademocrate IIRC. He ended 80-10 or something like this. Well, was trying to destroy his heli only with LMG and UCAS-D. 

My attempts to destroy HeliDrone singlehandedly were futile. Mainly because 1(one) reason:

HeliDrone is TOO AGILE WHEN STRAFING.

It's maneveurability is much higher when HeliDrone is strafing. Add that fact that from the front and from the bottom armor is the thickest and u'll find that it's too hard to hit strafing HeliDrone with whatever weapon u have. Armored vehicles included. 

I think strafing speed should be reduced, something like x1.5 times.

Edited by tynblpb
  • Like 1

49 minutes ago, tynblpb said:

Was playing 1 round vs 1 heliwhoring guy. Antifademocrate IIRC. He ended 80-10 or something like this. Well, was trying to destroy his heli only with LMG and UCAS-D. 

My attempts to destroy HeliDrone singlehandedly were futile. Mainly because 1(one) reason:

It's maneveurability is much higher when HeliDrone is strafing. Add that fact that from the front and from the bottom armor is the thickest and u'll find that it's too hard to hit strafing HeliDrone with whatever weapon u have. Armored vehicles included. 

I mean did you honestly expect it to be easy to take out the heli all by yourself? 

15 минут назад, Salt Lord сказал:

I mean did you honestly expect it to be easy to take out the heli all by yourself? 

I've done it. Many times. Solo. With only LMG.

And NO, I  don't expect it to be easy.

Looks like Heli drone will be very hard to balance...

Maybe a different approach?

Like a "mephisto" for heli drones.

When i'm fed up of really good and modded tanks on enemy team i have a strike to delete him from existence: Mephisto. It costs a lot of BP, has high cooldown, but it works as anti-frustration weapon vs any tanks any time, 100% reliability (unless you really screw up or being killed while on display).

So maybe a AIM-9 Sidewinder from the F-16. Cost 4k (or more), homing on target, one-hit heli drones.

I'll be ok with something like this.

Edited by Ziogualty
Added, "or more" on sidewinder BP

13 hours ago, tynblpb said:

He didn't even get a 100 kills?

What a shitter :^)

34 минуты назад, Boursk сказал:

He didn't even get a 100 kills?

What a shitter :^)

Well, his HeliDrone was destroyed 2 times. Some of my teammates at least tried to oppose.

you know what, its kinda strange that you can use stormbreaker (4k BP) to destroy a vehicle (but it doesnt even oneshots tanks and MRAP) or few ppl OR use bombing (3.5k BP) and destroy up to 5-7 ppl and maybe a vehicle OR use full moded tank (5+k BP) but which can be easily destroyed by RPG burst/mines/airstrikes 

or you just can abuse totally unbalansed heli (4k BP) and farm infantry for entire match

Make it caost like mephisto then - 9k BP. Looks fair

13 minutes ago, Atway said:

you know what, its kinda strange that you can use stormbreaker (4k BP) to destroy a vehicle (but it doesnt even oneshots tanks and MRAP) or few ppl OR use bombing (3.5k BP) and destroy up to 5-7 ppl and maybe a vehicle OR use full moded tank (5+k BP) but which can be easily destroyed by RPG burst/mines/airstrikes 

or you just can abuse totally unbalansed heli (4k BP) and farm infantry for entire match

Make it caost like mephisto then - 9k BP. Looks fair

lol make heli drone cost 9k ok then... revert it back to the 0.6 version 

Also mephisto is 6k not 9k 

2. Bombing run can be very easily dodged unlike stormbreakers and mephistos

I think we just need some kind of soft counter. How about adding  proximity based missile launcher?

It should lock on to any vehicle if it comes near it. The radius should not be too big, there needs to be at least some kind of challange with it. However it should deal less damage than a normal HE missile. I tought about 4-5 hits to kill a heli with it.

Since the devs don't want to add a specific counter only for the heli, this could be a valid option, as it can be used against any vehicle and we would have another new shiny weapon. ?

2 hours ago, Boursk said:

It's already getting a nerf. Doesn't need any more nerfs.

Why are you so eager not to see it nerfed? The Heli is too cost effective at the moment - most will agree on this I suppose.

On the one hand it is very hard to kill (also for technical reasons) and as Atway said, with rockets it is too easy to farm kills.

There is no reason to pick the Heli MG over the rockets. This alone justifies changes to rockets.

The Heli is not invincible, but compared to other strikes too good. 

3 minutes ago, HeiligeRobbe said:

Why are you so eager not to see it nerfed? The Heli is too cost effective at the moment - most will agree on this I suppose.

On the one hand it is very hard to kill (also for technical reasons) and as Atway said, with rockets it is too easy to farm kills.

There is no reason to pick the Heli MG over the rockets. This alone justifies changes to rockets.

The Heli is not invincible, but compared to other strikes too good. 

On 7/30/2019 at 10:31 AM, Kony said:

Just wait for the next patch. 1 Tandem = it's over.

[TWEAK] Heli Drone decreased HP (600 to 450), increased armor thickness against bullets

No more nerfs needed.

Edited by Boursk
  • Confused 1

20 часов назад, Salt Lord сказал:

Thing about that is that you also need to think about how it is for the pilot. Only having 1 mag of rockets and then having to fly all the way back to Base and rearm everytime will be very frustrating and annoying for the pilot and just takes away all the fun. Sure it fixes 1 thing but creates another problem. And we all know that people will still complain about it even if you made it like that 

Missile launcher RCWS has 1 magazine of 4 rounds, nobody complains.

Enable to install machinegun as nose turret, move OFAB to wings weapon, make only 1 magazine with reduced splash area, and it will be fine.

27 minutes ago, Boursk said:

No more nerfs needed.

Ok, like you entirely ignored what I wrote about its offensive capabilities. And you also do not answer my question. ^^

Why do you think that nerf is sufficient? / Do you think the rockets or how easy it is to farm kills with the heli is fine? 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, HeiligeRobbe said:

Ok, like you entirely ignored what I wrote about its offensive capabilities. And you also do not answer my question. ^^

Why do you think that nerf is sufficient? / Do you think the rockets or how easy it is to farm kills with the heli is fine? 

the only reason is that he is very active heli abuser, so helis nerf is not in his best interest. Thats it

2 minutes ago, HeiligeRobbe said:

Actually that is my suspicion too

there is nothing to suspect - he is not hiding the fact

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Atway said:

there is nothing to suspect - he is not hiding the fact

Thanks! :D

I got a new one too, wanna see it? :P

Edited by Boursk

2 hours ago, †FeuerEuphorie† said:

Missile launcher RCWS has 1 magazine of 4 rounds, nobody complains.

Enable to install machinegun as nose turret, move OFAB to wings weapon, make only 1 magazine with reduced splash area, and it will be fine.

1. Literally nobody uses the missile RCWS and that's exactly one of the reasons why so you kinda just played yourself with that example 2. You actually get 2 mags 

Edited by Salt Lord

Chiming in. 

Even if Heli wasnt OP its still wouldnt be fun to play against.

"Its not OP you just need a ENTIRE TEAM to shoot at it"

In BF4 hellis are fun for one person and you usually need to have at least 1 or 2 people with AA keeping them grounded for the entire game. Really annoying in that game and takes people away from the fun ground game.

Whats fun for one person at the time is really annoying or takes away from the rest of the fun for everyone else.

I dont know why they added them to the game after stating logical reasons for why they weren't gonna put them into the game in the past.

Should really just remove them from the game. Cut the lost on dev time for them. Devs would be better spent working on other things then trying to fix the heli issue. I dont think they will fix it in the end and it will be like BF Heli problems.

No helis were selling point on this game for me.

If heli was a balanced 1v1 alternative play style I would be OK with it but it really seems like a fast agile plying tank that messes people up no problem. Balancing by BP cost is not a good way to balance.

Edited by KDP

6 hours ago, KDP said:

Chiming in. 

Even if Heli wasnt OP its still wouldnt be fun to play against.

"Its not OP you just need a ENTIRE TEAM to shoot at it"

In BF4 hellis are fun for one person and you usually need to have at least 1 or 2 people with AA keeping them grounded for the entire game. Really annoying in that game and takes people away from the fun ground game.

Whats fun for one person at the time is really annoying or takes away from the rest of the fun for everyone else.

I dont know why they added them to the game after stating logical reasons for why they weren't gonna put them into the game in the past.

Should really just remove them from the game. Cut the lost on dev time for them. Devs would be better spent working on other things then trying to fix the heli issue. I dont think they will fix it in the end and it will be like BF Heli problems.

No helis were selling point on this game for me.

If heli was a balanced 1v1 alternative play style I would be OK with it but it really seems like a fast agile plying tank that messes people up no problem. Balancing by BP cost is not a good way to balance.

lol so just because it takes attension away from the rest of the game for 2 players and isn't fun for them to deal with, it should be removed? Ok then let's remove tanks aswell since it does the same. 

@Ragir just look how many players are against heli. What do you think? And yeah, nerfing its HP from 600 to 450 will not solve these problems

6 hours ago, KDP said:

Whats fun for one person at the time is really annoying or takes away from the rest of the fun for everyone else

This is the key sentence right here.

Put simply, it detracts from the overall experience of the majority of people in a match with the way it is now.

I've put a suggestion in the #suggestion_box in the official discord that players can vote on - considering the vote is 26 yes and 0 no, I think it's safe to say that it is a fair way to balance the heli without making it useless.

This is what I posted:

Weight system greatly impacting heli speed. Heli has different weights depending on armor or not, and which armament it's equipped with. You'd be able to have light and fast with low armor and machine guns, or a heavy hitter with rockets and armor (current heli basically) but make it much slower to compensate. You could do any combo of them, but rockets would be much heavier than the machine guns so you couldn't have a "light and fast" heli with rockets, even without armor it would be "medium".

This would make heli that are only using machine guns (which I've never seen a single person complain about them being too strong) still usable and about where they currently are in terms of balance, but it would make rocket users much easier to kill to counterbalance their overwhelming offensive ability. 

Balance isn't as simple as throwing blanket nerfs or introducing counters. Nerfing the heli overall would reduce the effectiveness of everything, and adding a hardcounter like a stinger would have the same effect, and would potentially make the heli useless entirely - which wouldn't be fair to people wanting to use the heli - it is a cool drone when it isn't spamming rockets endlessly with zero effort, after all. 

• Like 3