nubbits

Literally just a rant about helicopter drone

59 minutes ago, Atway said:

@Ragir just look how many players are against heli. What do you think? And yeah, nerfing its HP from 600 to 450 will not solve these problems

He is already well aware of the issues. All of this is just repeats of things said multible times before 

Edited by Salt Lord

30 minutes ago, Salt Lord said:

He is already well aware of the issues. All of this is just repeats of things said multible times before 

I know that hes aware, but I see no changes due to huge negative feedback =\

12 minutes ago, Atway said:

I know that hes aware, but I see no changes due to huge negative feedback =\

Well from what i've been told they are all busy fixing the issues that the engine update caused at the moment

There was 1 thing that I needed to test. I wanted my HeliDrone to be jammed by UCAS-D. 3 matches. F......g  3 matches I was piloting HeliDrone waiting to be jammed. And u know what? Not even once I was jammed. NOT. EVEN. ONCE. And only during the 4th match when I DGAF already and was with lowHP simply floating in one place and shooting at tank 200m away I was jammed, but I was too low HP atm.

And then u whine that HeliDrone is OP.

Edited by tynblpb

17 minutes ago, tynblpb said:

Not even once I was jammed.

Well I feel like only every second jam really works on the drone. Sometimes the pilot can move for 20+ seconds after I deploy it or isn't affected at all so maybe that also a problem.

13 minutes ago, Fullback said:

Well I feel like only every second jam really works on the drone. Sometimes the pilot can move for 20+ seconds after I deploy it or isn't affected at all so maybe that also a problem.

The Heli Drone (if in motion) will remain in that motion if the UCAS-D has ran it's 5 second jam on it. So if it's flying straight forward after being jammed by the UCAS-D, it will keep flying straight forward to either crash into something or fly off the map.

10 hours ago, tynblpb said:

There was 1 thing that I needed to test. I wanted my HeliDrone to be jammed by UCAS-D. 3 matches. F......g  3 matches I was piloting HeliDrone waiting to be jammed. And u know what? Not even once I was jammed. NOT. EVEN. ONCE. And only during the 4th match when I DGAF already and was with lowHP simply floating in one place and shooting at tank 200m away I was jammed, but I was too low HP atm.

And then u whine that HeliDrone is OP

aren't you the one who complained that only you were trying to destroy heli few days ago on warsaw? :D DId you use UCAS-D? Did it helped you a lot?)

Edited by Atway

2 часа назад, Atway сказал:

aren't you the one who complained that only you were trying to destroy heli few days ago on warsaw? :D DId you use UCAS-D? Did it helped you a lot?)

I was trying to destroy is solo with only LMG. And it was Smolensk.

Day before yesterday I've destroyed HeliDrone of not so experienced pilot with LMG, Loitering Ammo and HeliDrone.

Just for lulz I destroy HeliDrones using another HeliDrone with 12.7MG. 10 to 20 secs and enemy HeliDrone is down. Sometimes it's 5 secs.

If I start using something more effective than handheld weapons HeliDrones are being destroyed in a matters of 1 minute. But it's boring.

But yes, for average player it's OP, because they are either do nothing or their attempts to destroy HeliDrone are the same as trying to destroy IFV with LMG fire.

I think I'll make a suggestion theme with what I think of current HeliDrone.

Hitreg is broken and this is the main issue, so i think Heli should be removed for now.

Edited by ZwierzaK
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

6 часов назад, ZwierzaK сказал:

Heli should be removed for now.

Here is not so many active players to panic and fixing such a things untill a planned rollout. And that's not the only issue. Just one or two good squads and the game is rolling down. A lot of players still dont know how to play... and it doesnt metter what kind of weapon or vehicle will block you on your base). 

Btw, suicidle drone is pretty cheap but it's like a TV-missile for a little bird.. working good  but as i said reaction should came from a team> not from a person.. 

Edited by Anachoretes

For everyone who is tired of being killed by HeliDrone on new maps read the linked theme.

Question: how many helidrones can a team deploy at the same time?

Because i'm pretty sure i made a game on Poly yesterday with 2 enemy helies around at the same time...

31 minutes ago, Ziogualty said:

Question: how many helidrones can a team deploy at the same time?

Because i'm pretty sure i made a game on Poly yesterday with 2 enemy helies around at the same time...

1 per team 

Edited by Salt Lord
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, Salt Lord said:

1 per team 

Thnx. 

At first i thought that was a Poly map new thing. Your words reassure me. Maybe the first one was taken down somewhere and the second one i saw was just a new spawn.

Edited by Ziogualty

Heli drone is broken, it's as simple as that. Biggest mistake so far in the game.  I had a while squad working together to take one down.  That hit box is smaller at point blank than the hitbox on a person at 100m!  It is easier for me to pick off a person with a SCAR at distance than it was to hit a heli drone at point blank with a UKM.  Even saw a couple rockets go into one and it just shrugged then off and proceeded to pour rockets into us.  It needs to be nerfed, the hitbox increased considerably, or completely removed from the game.

Edited by TrkyTr8r
Misspelling

@TrkyTr8r: For people that keep playing WW3 on regular basis there is quite a debate (6 pages) about the Heli Drone with different views.

One thing is for sure: Is the most frustrating thing for new players in WW3.

Yesterday i saw a newbie that has like 20 death caused by heli drone. He rage quit the match and told he's not interested in playing anymore.

Rants about the heli drone can be seen in general chat almost every match.

I know that the answer of someone here would be "git gud or bye bye". 

But for a game that has less than 200 players average i dunno if it is fine to keep in game a thing that is a complete OP nightmare for every new player in WW3.

Maybe temporarely put the heli drone in the freezer, waiting for better days, does not sound like a bad idea imho.

Edited by Ziogualty

On 8/14/2019 at 9:50 AM, Ziogualty said:

@TrkyTr8r: For people that keep playing WW3 on regular basis there is quite a debate (6 pages) about the Heli Drone with different views.

One thing is for sure: Is the most frustrating thing for new players in WW3.

Yesterday i saw a newbie that has like 20 death caused by heli drone. He rage quit the match and told he's not interested in playing anymore.

Rants about the heli drone can be seen in general chat almost every match.

I know that the answer of someone here would be "git gud or bye bye". 

But for a game that has less than 200 players average i dunno if it is fine to keep in game a thing that is a complete OP nightmare for every new player in WW3.

Maybe temporarely put the heli drone in the freezer, waiting for better days, does not sound like a bad idea imho.

I'm not a new player, I just don't play as much as everyone else.  I've been a part of this since the second month of early early access.  The heli drone is a horrible idea unless the hit box is fixed or it is nerfed, otherwise it needs to go.  Like I said, four of us were pouring rounds into one, all of us cursing because only one or two hit markers would show up per magazine.  Then we saw three rpgs hit it and still it stayed there and killed us all.  None of us were or are "newbs", it's just broken.  I understand that if you take the jammer score streak you can kill it outright, but why should everyone waste a streak slot just for that?  Guns and especially rockets should be able to take it down MUCH more easily than now.

Edited by TrkyTr8r
Misspelling

19 minutes ago, TrkyTr8r said:

I'm not a new player, I just don't play as much as everyone else.  I've been a part of this since the second month of early early access.  The heli drone is a horrible idea unless the hit box is fixed or it is nerfed, otherwise it needs to go.  Like I said, four of us were pouring rounds into one, all of us cursing because only one or two hit markers would show up per magazine.  Then we saw three rpgs hit it and still it stayed there and killed us all.  None of us were or are "newbs", it's just broken.  I understand that if you take the jammer score streak you can kill it outright, but why should everyone waste a streak slot just for that?  Guns and especially rockets should be able to take it down MUCH more easily than now.

lol u have 8 different loadouts that u can equip a jammer on. That's like saying why should i have to waste a gun slot for a RPG to take out a tank 

16 hours ago, Salt Lord said:

lol u have 8 different loadouts that u can equip a jammer on. That's like saying why should i have to waste a gun slot for a RPG to take out a tank 

Lol except RPG is dual purpose. It's just as good at taking out people as it is tanks. And that was part of my point...three RPGs should be MORE than enough to take out a heli drone... technically ONE should be enough...and most people are already taking one of those.  If rockets did what they are supposed to to that heli drone, it wouldn't be an issue.

2 hours ago, TrkyTr8r said:

Lol except RPG is dual purpose. It's just as good at taking out people as it is tanks. And that was part of my point...three RPGs should be MORE than enough to take out a heli drone... technically ONE should be enough...and most people are already taking one of those.  If rockets did what they are supposed to to that heli drone, it wouldn't be an issue.

lol jammer is also has multible purposes so that was a pretty bad argument, and the devs are already aware of the hit reg issues 

Sup, just FYI, the rebelanced Heli Drone is being pushed to PTE tonight, we couldn't really patch the game well after switching engines, this is why it was going without change for so long. See ya there!

• Like 2

Protip: During a in-studio test game, someone called in a heli drone. Two seconds later the chat was filled with "awww hell here we go again", three seconds after that I shot it down from full health with a single well aimed Tandem RPG. So, we hope the changes will satisfy you.

On 8/23/2019 at 3:59 PM, Borreh said:

Protip: During a in-studio test game, someone called in a heli drone. Two seconds later the chat was filled with "awww hell here we go again", three seconds after that I shot it down from full health with a single well aimed Tandem RPG. So, we hope the changes will satisfy you.

Im curious why did you guys add the heli when you wanted to make the game ground focus and were against it in the first place.

I dont want this to end up like BF where you have to stop playing the game and are forced to do AA every time a heli is up.

Like forcing people to carry a tandem at all times is annoying, also when you have to carry ammo to restock it aswell.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, KDP said:

Im curious why did you guys add the heli when you wanted to make the game ground focus and were against it in the first place.

I dont want this to end up like BF where you have to stop playing the game and are forced to do AA every time a heli is up.

Like forcing people to carry a tandem at all times is annoying, also when you have to carry ammo to restock it aswell.

How is that different from a fully upgraded tank killing your entire team exactly? Both require tandem to take out quickly

And if u don't have a RPG in any of your 8 loadouts and decide to just wait it out until someone else takes it out then u only have yourself to blame 

Edited by Salt Lord

Personally I haven’t had any terrible situation with the helis  but I don’t think they should be removed till further balanced I’m still waiting for the Tor so I don’t really want the helis gone. I don’t use helis tho I don’t find them fun and I suck really bad with them I way prefer infantry.v.infantry combat over using a vehicle but fight vehicles is cool