nubbits

Literally just a rant about helicopter drone

Tor was not even overpowered. Very strong yes but Tor is a like little chick compared to how strong heli is. Understanding devs is not possible. Even if heli is not OP its still not fun for people who came to this game for the no aircraft statement and how game was about ground combat.

Oh well at least there MW coming.

• Like 1

I can't even tell how many of ppl I know stopped playing this game thanks to heli. Just remove this thing from the game, no HP nerfs or anything will help when it just one shots you with missiles. Or just prevent putting missiles on heli, machine gun heli is complete garbage anyways.

13 minutes ago, Serial said:

I can't even tell how many of ppl I know stopped playing this game thanks to heli. Just remove this thing from the game, no HP nerfs or anything will help when it just one shots you with missiles. Or just prevent putting missiles on heli, machine gun heli is complete garbage anyways.

You know that many people, also wanted helicopters ingame. Removing it would not be any better.

15 hours ago, PartTimeAHole said:

You know that many people, also wanted helicopters ingame. Removing it would not be any better.

Describe "many".

We have an average of 110 people playing. Could be 111 but i take a break from WW3 due to heli.

How many of those 110 love the heli drone? (not when they are piloting it fully equipped, but even when they are cannon fodder on the ground).

Did they really love it so much that they will stop playing cause they don't have their 60+ kill-per-game toy anymore? I hope not. 

Why they really loved it? For the amount of deepness it adds to the game? (obviously not).

Or maybe because it is fun to kill dozens of players stuck on the ground? (big chances).

For a newbie a skilled enemy heli is so frustrating is not even worthy to keep playing. They can feed their anger looking at the score, because a skilled heli player will finish with 50+ kills 90% of the times. Number he cannot even dream of at early stages.

---

That being said, the main issue of the heli imho is that is a primary threat (if not the deadliest one), and it is on the sky.

So you have to stop playing WW3, and start playing "hunt the heli": you have to ignore everything that is on ground level and start bird-watching.

Since 99% of the action and enemies are at ground level, the chances that "meanwhile" you will be killed by a soldier/tank/sniper/grenade/ground drone/etc. are very high.

Hitting a heli drone is not a matter of a couple of seconds: the motion prediction, the fact that the heli has 3 axis of freedom to move, and the skill of the pilot requires you to aim carefully, and often from an uncovered position, cause you need to have line of sight and line of fire. And you have only one weapon with a specific ammo to do that.

Too much time considering how quick the action on the ground is.

The nail on the coffin is that all it takes for the heli drone to kill you is a LMB click once you are in the crosshair.

If the heli will be removed, i really hope people does not stop playing due to that, because WW3 was enjoyable even before this abomination, and have ton of fun to offer even if you have to move on ground.

• Like 3

17 minutes ago, Ziogualty said:

Describe "many".

Look around on the forums and discord you'll find them soon enough. Check the Suggestions tab, unless they are already removed or overshadowed by newer topics.

Look I think people need to stop complaining about the heli drone: people have gotten used to them. Almost nobody uses them anymore because they know there are way better ways to use their well earned BP. All the enemy has to do is drop a radio-jammer on their drone and they have pretty much lost 5k BP. That and people know how to shoot drones properly now, both with RPG, armor with fast shooting turrets and small arms. Really I have not seen a drone dominate the battlefield anymore since last month...

It's pretty safe to say that the devs aren't going to remove the heli drone anytime soon or ever, so no point asking for it's removal until later in development when they have tried every option to balance it 

Also these "i have to stop playing ww3" arguments makes 0 sense 

Edited by Salt Lord
  • Like 1

On 9/11/2019 at 3:29 PM, Salt Lord said:

Also these "i have to stop playing ww3" arguments makes 0 sense

Just sounds petty like a little child that doesn't get it's way to me lol

• Like 1

Heli is game-breaking trash and it should be removed from the game. Trust me, I am (CZ/SK) Clan. Every time Hejky uses heli, he harvests 80 kills. To kill a skilled heli pilot requires combined effort of your squad. This is impossible to achieve for a regular public Joe. If you want this game to be borderline played by 200 people at max. then have it your way.

Regards, ClawHawkCZE (CZ/SK)

Edit: Can I haz infantry-only servers?

Edited by ClawHawkCZE
new idea
  • Like 2