Sign in to follow this  
H.A.W.K.

Why does this game still run like shit?

It's been 7 months since I bought this, loads of performance issues back then while I play similar games without any issue.
Tried again today since new patch dropped, still runs like absolute dogshit with constant FPS spikes.

How is this possible?

• Thanks 1

What specs are you running? My rig handles fairly well for most part but is sometimes problematic because we are in an awkward time for PC games where 8GB RAM is too little and 16GB is a bit too much, if you have 8GB RAM maybe that's the issue.

7 hours ago, H.A.W.K. said:

It's been 7 months since I bought this, loads of performance issues back then while I play similar games without any issue.
Tried again today since new patch dropped, still runs like absolute dogshit with constant FPS spikes.

How is this possible?

Provide your PC setup.
Thanks.

The game runs much MUCH better since it's launch and has been optimized more and more with each patch, either you are doing something wrong or your rig isn't as good as you think it is.

Hey

I dont want to create a thread so i would like to know if i can boost the FPS a little more. Im currently averaging around 70FPS with the best performance mode.

90-100 average would be nice, so is there maybe a config tweak for that?

My Specs:

i5-7400 GTX 1060 6GB

game runs on a SSD

16GB of RAM DDR3 

1 minute ago, FeuerTheGod said:

Hey

I dont want to create a thread so i would like to know if i can boost the FPS a little more. Im currently averaging around 70FPS with the best performance mode.

90-100 average would be nice, so is there maybe a config tweak for that?

My Specs:

i5-7400 GTX 1060 6GB

game runs on a SSD

16GB of RAM DDR3 

i5 seems to be a problem here, the game is really heavy on CPU for now, try my guide:

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, weedtime said:

i5 seems to be a problem here, the game is really heavy on CPU for now, try my guide:

Thank you sir, i have changed my settings. And yeah, my CPU is really weak. I will probaly upgrade in the near future :)

3 minutes ago, FeuerTheGod said:

Thank you sir, i have changed my settings. And yeah, my CPU is really weak. I will probaly upgrade in the near future :)

I have the same GPU but 8700K, I reach around ~120 FPS on every map with full server

23 minutes ago, weedtime said:

I have the same GPU but 8700K, I reach around ~120 FPS on every map with full server

Sounds great. I'll just have to find out how i can see what CPU is compatible with my potato pc and then ill save some cash

I have a weird situation where I get 60 or almost 60 fps all the time, but it doesn't _feel_ smooth. I have vsync on so it's not tearing, it's not a lag of any kind, just a general unpleasant "unsmooth" feeling I get most of the time.

Does anyone have similar experience? I can't point to anything and I can't even really explain what I "see", but it's just weird.

2 часа назад, WalrusInAnus сказал:

I have a weird situation where I get 60 or almost 60 fps all the time, but it doesn't _feel_ smooth. I have vsync on so it's not tearing, it's not a lag of any kind, just a general unpleasant "unsmooth" feeling I get most of the time.

Does anyone have similar experience? I can't point to anything and I can't even really explain what I "see", but it's just weird.

Try to set Video Settings like this WITHOUT v-sync. Somehow, even when my PC can run game with FPS higher than 60, without v-sync picture is much smoother for me than with. I know it's subjective, but i tried to switch it v-sync On&Off and still game without v-sync with limited framerate is looking smoother for me.

20190522204700_1.jpg.93004c3972064d5399339d07b0a3d6e9.jpg

Edited by tynblpb

44 минуты назад, WalrusInAnus сказал:

What does framerate smoothing do anyway?

If I correctly understand what was said by someone from dev team, framerate smoothing work like this: if videocard can draw frames faster than CPU, it draws frames in advance and puts them in the queue. And the moment CPU is ready frame is showed on the screen.

Hm, the game still behaves in the same way.

Must be an engine thing. I know it's not Battlefield, but I have no other comparison.

Yesterday i got stuck beneath the ground yet again. I noticed something strange and took some screenshots.

There seems to be a whole screenshoted landscape beneath the map; devs whats the prurpose of this? How much of this stuff is included into the maps?

Pls explain how this does not effect overall game size (which i couple of time ago ranted about)  and performance.

20190527201553_1.jpg

20190527201557_1.jpg

20190527201600_1.jpg

20190527201656_1.jpg

That's a texture/geometry glitch and does not affect game size whatsoever.

You really shouldn't talk about things you don't understand. There are no damn extra textures in the game that are under the surface.

Do you rant about Battlefield games being large too? BF4 was like 65GB with all the DLCs, and that was years ago.
I suggest you stop posting stupid complaints.

• Like 1

a glitch of which textures? do you recongize that this is just a jpg or whatever type of pic? <Removed>

/weedtime

Jesus, I give up.

You really are completely clueless (which is not an offence of any kind, but... don't talk about stuff you don't understand!).

On 5/28/2019 at 1:54 PM, Gutshot said:

There seems to be a whole screenshoted landscape beneath the map; devs whats the prurpose of this? How much of this stuff is included into the maps?

Those planes take like 0.01FPS and maybe 20-30MB per map.

• Like 1