Salt Lord

Heli drone price increase issue

Posted (edited)

so I recently Heard from a dev that you guys plan to increase heli drone price to around 5000 default a long side hitreg fix. 

Even tho the main thing that makes heli drone super strong and makes it super easy to go 50/0 is it's rocket weapons and it ability to 1 hit infantry and destroy tanks super easily.

But the issue with this change is how it fucks with the other weapons like the MGs. 5k points for a heli that has pretty meh MG weapons is way to much. MGs are currently very meh weapons and have a lot of downsides. it can't do anything against vehicles and require good aim to use and get kills unlike the rocket weapons.

So my suggestion is that instead of you increasing the default price of the heli itself, you increase the BP cost of the rocket weapons to whatever value you think is best. This will make the super powerful helis cost much more while the ones with MG still are useful.

also before coming with arguments against this if you have any, please make sure you actually have used the MGs before 

Edited by Salt Lord
  • Like 3

Me personally use HeliDrone with 7.62MGs just for lulz and pleasure . It's too pretty with it's tracers. But I still can easily go for 7-10 kilstreaks.

3 minutes ago, tynblpb said:

Me personally use HeliDrone with 7.62MGs just for lulz and pleasure . It's too pretty with it's tracers. But I still can easily go for 7-10 kilstreaks.

yeah if you can aim you can do pretty good with them but if you compare their power to the rockets weapons, they are pretty bad 

They can semi-auto fire rockets endlessly...  is the problem. 

Posted (edited)

"The Helicopter Drone and it's future in WW3" I still stand by my suggestions for the Helicopter Drone largely.

So far I've read the following suggestions to nerfing the Helicopter Drone between the Community & Developers.

1. Increase it's base cost to rival that of a Tank.
  2. Reduce it's Operational Range.
  3. Reduce it's speed.
  4. Remove it's special Optics.

Of those four I personally could only get behind one and that is the reduced Operational Range so players can't sit in the base while piloting it. But, even with that I wouldn't support going under 400 meters at most and would actually advocate for the Battle Bot & Leviathan to match it since all three are combat drones.

I don't support reducing it's speed since that is the whole point of using the Helicopter Drone over the Leviathan & BattleBot beyond just flying around.

I don't support removing it's special Optics and would actually advocate for all UGV & UAV Combat Drones to have the option for special Optics, but at a mild increased BP cost in exchange.

and I double don't support making the Helicopter's base cost more or equal to that of a Tank unless it was a short term solution to a greater long term plan. But, even then I would side with your suggestion, Salt Lord, far prior to that of the increased base Heli Drone cost. I get that thing is a pain to take down for newer players, but the limited viable weapon options of the Helicopter Drone just don't validate a base Strike cost increase unless the Turrets are going to have their extra BP cost removed in the process with the MGs being improved. But, as far as I'm ultimately concerned right now, two of three major things I'd like to see done to the Helicopter Drone have come true to one extent or another.

1. Helicopter Drone takes more damage from regular gun fire and has had it's health reduced - Just a little more and it should be perfect.
  2. Helicopter Drone taking more damage from regular gun fire when it's Rotors are hit - Just need to have some effects added to damaging these subsystems and have a few more subsystems added with their own effects for damaging them. If it happens then I will be happier than a pig in mud.

Now I wait to see if the weapons will be modified in the way I have suggested prior to this in one extent or another. ?

Edited by Dunabar

I agree with Dunabar, for the most part.

But until we know exactly what Devs are thinking and given the torrent the helicopter can do & the dmg it can take, makes it harder to kill than a tank. Which is real easy with 4 RPG's...

I suggest that if it has special optics, then it doesn't also get projectiles or missiles and is more of a intelligence & recon drone. Flying around with rockets looking for glowing dots is just too easy to do. A tank can not turn on a dime, nor fire as fast as the helo…  nor have as great of an impact across the map and all over it at once...

Helicopter Drones are the single most impacting thing in the game today and their battlepoint cost should reflect that. Why summon a tank, when you can pull out a drone and wipe out squad after squad from above...? All from the safety of anonymity back in the base being untouchable.

A tank (etc) You are riding in it, & when it goes up..  you do to...     

So give me a battlebot, with AA capabilities please... long range heat seakers, plz... just because I want to be OP too...    

Could always give IFVs & AFVs a dedicated Anti-Air/Light Vehicle/Infantry turret.

image.jpeg.858b2239bb7f87247aa0432bdb61ca8c.jpeg

But one thing I'd like to mention that I forgot to cover in my response post - Lets see how the Heli Drone performs after the Hit Registry is fixed (which the Devs did say was busted.) If the Heli is still whoopin' ass harder than John Wick on speed & Adrenaline shots, then lets look into nerfing solutions such as increased BP costs for things, movement speed reduction, and etc. Though if the Devs are following my suggestion post over the Heli Drone, I think we might be going that way in a different way lol.

Someone just got 130 kills with the helicopter drone. It was a full round in Warsaw. 

Untitled.jpg

3 hours ago, E - Cleaner said:

Someone just got 130 kills with the helicopter drone. It was a full round in Warsaw. 

Untitled.jpg

Bruh, I've managed to get a hundred kills with the MBTs before nerfs, but 130? Jeez, seems like if you really know how to use it, it's game over for the other team.