Sign in to follow this  
Twitch_Hawkeyepc

Partial or Full Migration to Epic Store.

Okay... yup.. I am fairly certain I just triggered alot of people by saying this (The steam community may find this blasphemous) BUT... a thought to fix the problem with the community numbers is perhaps you guys should consider a migration onto the Epic store

And it is my thought now that 0.6 is live... with the game being in the best place its been in a long time.... a Second Wind perhaps is needed? Now Best world scenario... Keep selling on both Steam and sell on the Epic store. So that way everyone wins. Steam users can keep existing while the epic store brings in a healthy influx of new people.

So. now that i said this here is why i said it.

1.The Epic store will net you guys a 88%/12% Cut on your game rather than steams price gouging 30%/70% Cut. (also let us all remember their favoritism of AAA titles that they take lesser cuts from and leaves Indie developers in the mud pits.)

2.The Epic store is now arguably the second largest online retailer for games. so you can expect a huge player count to see your title and perhaps opt into it. (especially with a little less than 250 million people passing through the epic store on the way to fortnite its bound to catch some peoples attention) 

3.In Some Brutal honesty? A less toxic community. Steam's once great community has grown unchecked and while their is a great many of you that are absolute showcases of good sportsmanship and great community behavior, theirs an even greater amount sadly, of toxic people on steam. (you have all seen them, losing their s*($ in games, screaming hacker, having... really... really.. questionable profiles. While i have certainly seen this on the epic side of things the community there is... surprisingly way less toxic overall.

Now their is some cons, For example the epic community system isn't quite as fleshed out as steams is but granted they are a brand new store things are work in progress. but i honestly think the pros outweigh the issues you may face. And you may have to deal with a temper tantrum with steam which. would lead to the worst case scenario. Abandon steam and start anew on Epic. I would gladly shell out for another 30$ for this game if it surfaced in the epic store. and I sense a good amount of the community would do likewise, If it be to see this true gem of a game flourish.

You guys had a pretty bad launch but i feel you are being unfairly punished for it if the numbers stay low. I think perhaps a look to greener pastures may be the solution to your problem.

It would help our player base for sure but that's probably a decision you'll see closer to 1.0. 

Edited by NeoOrNeon
  • Like 1

I suggested this in the Make More Money Thread  here on the Design Ideas & Suggestions sub forum as well... You make some good points Twitch_Hawkeyepc --  and this would make WW 3 a first mover for realism gaming on the Epic Store, and being the first genre mover on any platform or venue is always helpful or even decisive with respect to popularity. As well, WW 3 is a UE game, and if there's ever any manner of mod support being on the inclusive Epic platform can only help in that regard -- shades of Counter-Strike on Steam...

All that said many developers of UE engine realism games have submitted request for selling their games on the Epic Game Store as soon as or even before it went live; and are still waiting... Blackfoot Studios developers of Ground Branch are one one example, that have been ready to go since get-go and have been cooling their heels waiting. Perhaps the folks at The Farm 51 are in the same boat, and/or realism fans need to vet more realism games on the Unreal Engine store.

Edited by Hoak

I have over 500 hours and I won't put a single more hour into the game if I have to download the fortnite store 

Sign in to follow this