Sign in to follow this  
Gemini899

personal suggestions for dev's after 130 hours of play

Posted (edited)

After more than 100 hours of play in the initial version of the game plus 32 hours after the 0.6 patch I have to say that there have been many improvements but I think a lot of things have to be absolutely revised so I decided to write here some changes that the developers should seriously take consider if they really want to make the game balanced smooth and fun.

let's start with the basics:

1) 2 seconds of invincibility as soon as you spawn - block spawn on in combat freandly team - block the spawn if airstrike is coming

how many times have you happened to spawn and to be killed instantly before you even understand what is happening? (for me a lot time!)

2) Increase speed of automatic healing (for many reasons)
if you notice 90% of people always use the medikit or syringes because in practice using something else is not convenient! the reason is simple because if you get hit and your life is low to recover all your life it takes even more than 2 minutes with serious consequences exampple N1: nobody uses the ammunition package so if you run out of ammunition find someone who supplies you with ammunition and repairs of armor is rare !, N2: if you get hit and you don't have how to heal youself you are forced to camp if you don't want to be killed in one hit then (increasing the number of campers).

*good way can be 10%HP every 6 seconds or 30HP every 18 seconds.

3) Vehicle improvements

I use a lot the tank and light tank, all in all they are decent and well studied but still there are problems especially on the physics, movements and collisions.

1) improve the acceleration of vehicles on climbs, blinds and easy obstacles. (absurd just think about a tank with more than 1000 horsepower struggles to climb a small climb or gets stuck on every hole or sapling)

2) totally modify the helicopter's control system, and physics (
I state that I used it little but the reason is because of the bad piloting system, take the bf3 / bf4 helicopter command system as an example)

4) browser server and match making improvements:

- Add a queue for full servers (avoid wasting time searching for a server with a free slot.)

- Add a number for each server (so you can immediately recognize which server you're playing)

- Add map rotation/votation 
(maybe make servers where there are specific maps so without rotation, and other servers where there is a rotation of the maps and with the possibility of being able to vote the next map during the game.)

for now these are my suggestions I will update the list as soon as I have other to suggest (I want to clarify that I have not mentioned so obvious that they must be fixed as animations stability of the servers and above all stuttering and low frame rate. I hope you take these suggestions seriously and I'm sure they can only improve the game for the better!

Edited by Gemini899
  • Thanks 1

#1 - Combat awareness is key, don't rush back into a situation if your team is compromised (It helps to have a premade squad for this) as you will get yourself whacked. I feel that this is a unnecessary crutch when after some experience you can get a pretty good idea when its a bad time to spawn. 

#2. I think the auto heal is fine as it is, however note that when your bar drops below one of the notches it will not recover without medical aid so it is already a moot point. (it would just mean the team based medpack system would fall to the wayside in favor of ammo mules, again squad balance is key here, at least one squaddie carry heals, the other ammo, and stick with them

#3. Yes. heli system needs improvements, tanks, well perhaps but remember that that 1,000 HP has to haul 60-100 Tons of itself, ammo, personal, and whatever else you slapped on that thing up what is sometimes a rather steep incline, and that's where traction also comes into play, point being 1000 HP doesn't quite cut it and while i think the tanks could crawl a little faster up the hills i feel its pretty spot on as it is,

#4 Hell yes... would agree 100%.

I agree with #1. Maybe not 3 seconds, but 1 or 1.5 seconds. Even .5 would be nice.

I think server browser QoL improvements will come naturally and they probably plan to modify it further, there are other things needing attention at the moment.

#1 A short moment of spawn protection can be brutal in some cases. For example on Op Locker from bf4 1 second of spawn protection is enough time to 'spawn bomb' your buddy and save him. Think about this you are shooting at a guy and then another guy appears behind him just as you kill the first one but the guy that spawned eats all of the rest of your mag and then kills you. Not saying some invincibility is terrible just saying that it's not a perfect solution. Spawn blocking for sure though, but I don't know what should determine whether or not you can spawn, maybe suppression.

#2 There is a god damned suitcase on A1 of Warsaw that tanks have a bit of trouble driving over, and that's just one of many cases. As for the climbing power, some hills on Smolensk are pretty hard to climb even with fast, light armored tanks.

#3 I think the heli flight mechanics feel "locked" like you don't have full control of your pitch and yawning. Maybe that's a balance to make you have to line up to attack ground targets more or maybe it's just quadcopter mechanics on a big drone, I don't know, but I do know that it could be more fluid.

#4 Absolutely

Sign in to follow this