Ragir

AMA Questions Thread

As we wrote in this week's Weekly Report, we're going to publish an AMA with questions from the community. There's been a lot of questions that we're constantly replying to and it would be easier both for us and for everyone from the community to just link to a page with the most up-to-date answers instead of replying each time.

Post your questions this week (this topic will be closed on Sunday at midnight CEST). Answers to the questions and updated FAQ will be posted about a week later so we can take our time to make sure to have satisfactory answers.

Questions should be related to the game and our company, but they don't have to - this is Ask Me (us) Anything after all. Questions that are not related to the project, however, will have lower priority and might get cut if there's a lot of submissions.

• Like 9
  • Thanks 3

Are you planing in adding on existing maps an game mode Editor?

When will the large map game modes come back? 

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

Posted (edited)

Will you add more scope variety, mainly talking about the medium and large scopes?

And will the Scar-H get its own (the currently folded) iron sights, just like the AK-15, M4 and SA80?

Edited by Matt_dOvale
correction
  • Like 1

Are you planning to add Private Servers for Players who only want to do 1 on1 or play with friends?

• Like 4

Will there be options for custom games with custom settings?
To make game modes like headshots only, 200(+)% health, etc.

• Angry 1

Are you planning to add the hardcore mode? Features:

• The old animation system like in 0.2; 
  • Very low TTK like in 0.4;
  • Bigger leans like in 0.2;
  • Suppression effect instead bloody-red screen when the player is at the death.

Posted (edited)
do you have any plans to run the battle royal mode? Your graphics and playability is much better than in PUBG, 
and the Smolensk map is perfect for this game. Please, do it, this mod will provide you with hundreds of thousands of players!
Edited by rossoner1>Olo

Posted (edited)

I'm not sure if there are any rules about number of questions but I have several. In no particular order:

1. What's up with Thor? Is it coming back? I'm pretty sure I spent cash on it. Can I get a refund?

2. Will we see more SMGs? Or PDWs? Like obvious "iconic" stuff like P90, MP5/7/9, CZ Scorpion, HK UMP and etc.

3. Will verticality be a thing? Like, we can get on the roof of 3-story building on smolensk aaand...that's it. Will there be more roofs? Heights?

4. Will flying vehicles be a thing? Not jets maybe, but transport or attack helicopters?

5. Do you plan any changes to the current weight based loadout system?

6. Will there be progress resets/wipes? If yes - why and can you not do that pretty please?

7. What "playstyle" or "role" you intended for tanks and vehicles? Why you balanced them the way you did? (Are they supposed to be this weird "force to be reckoned with but not really" as currently they are good for standing on points providing some cover and firepower. Is that all they supposed to do? They are pretty hard to destroy, unless you have a whole team of RPGs, as they can easily avoid artillery/air strikes and singular RPG strikes do not that much damage. But besides taking punishment? It seems like they can't do much)

8. Why most TDM maps are just circles? And circles of narrow corridors at that. Are we going to see any changes in TDM maps design?

9. Do you have any intentions to have a "dedicated sniper" "class" in this game? Like a full back line support that can provide some info, pick some targets, drive some drones around from safety and etc. Because right now I can't get rid of the feeling that most of the maps are deliberately designed to prevent any kind of camping - there are no good elevated/covered position, no good lines of sight, no places where you can hide to use drones and etc. While I see how "anti-camping" map design is a very good thing I still wonder if it's intentional?

10. Will you planning on changing/updating weapons stats and descriptions? Because right now they are very very basic, vague and in general hard to understand and distinguish between different weapons/strikes.

11. Will there be more attachments (scopes in particular)? I know that there is a lot right now but...they are all really...samey?

Edited by BeatriceJohnes
  • Like 1

Posted (edited)

1.  Are you going to be on E3 with WW3 ?

2. When will be officially announced the console version of the game?

3. The dates for final release are still valid (the end of this year / the beginning of 2020)?

4. Why UE 4.21 and not the latest 4.22 ?

5. Are you going to add pure Battle Royale mode (like in Fortnite or PUBG)?

Edited by tommac
  • Like 2

Posted (edited)

1) Do you intend to add support for Vulkan renderer?

2) How is the progress with server performance optimizations? This sound like an extreme priority, because without players the game is dead, and noone wants to play 30p warzone.

Edited by WalrusInAnus
  • Like 1

Are you going to add weapons progression system? daily missions or something like that?

• Like 2

When will you update Road Map ?

So where my Xmas jumper did go? uh? 

What can we expect as content wise? What can you tease?

Would be cool to see some maps with some more verticality (more buildings watching on streets, Shangai of BF4 for example)

Also would be cool to see a new mode where you could build some defences and dig in against the enemies around few points, like an invasion mode.

Anyway keep up the good work the 0.6 was a blast 👍

• Like 1

Will there be official dedicated server support for community ran servers, also the stance on modding community servers? That would seem beneficial to the game to allow custom maps, modes, and give community unranked servers.

Posted (edited)

Max playercount per server increased in 0.7 or 0.8?

And will warzone large come in 0.7 or 0.8? 

Edited by Salt Lord
  • Like 1

What do you guys snack on or eat during crunch times?

After the game launches will there be more guns,vehicles,etc added?

What's been your favorite thing or moment so far developing the game and what has been the worst?

Any chance for GM6 LYNX to be added :)) ?

• Are you planning to add a map with 'water'? (seas, oceans) (map with several islands for example)

When you eat cereal, do you pour in the cereal first like any sane human being or the milk first? If it is the latter, then i don't want to be associated with you anymore.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Posted (edited)

Hello, I have questions mostly about content, if I may.

I heard there will be a customization revision, is it possible to get more detail?

Will you add factory stock to scar?

Will it be possible to use vests without backpacks?

Are you going to add civilized clothes so that you can make the operator / pmc like?

Will you plan to add more/new costsmization options to weapons? I mean maybe different receivers, trigger systems.

After we get killed we can see where and how much damage we got, is there possibility to see how much damage we made to the killer?

Spectator mode and video editor? I think for content creators it will be useful.

More costumization to Alpha weapon?

What about option to use more than 1 laser sight? Why did you disabled that?

Thank you!

Edited by HondoUnicorn
  • Like 1

Do you plan to make vehicle focused maps?
What about tanks? I didn't see people use them often and I think myself they kinda seem weak without map destructions, then very limited building raiding, easy to be destroyed (harder to steer, airstrikes, zookas) etc. Any plans to make tanks into a bigger threat?
Kluski or pierogi?

• Like 2