Sign in to follow this  
dreluk88

Enter/exit animations

Devs, do you plan to add them in the future? I like them in BF5 but I think it would possible to make them faster to give control as soon as possible. I know many hates them but game looks better and WW3 wants to be more realistic opponent of BF. 

Edited by dreluk88
  • Like 2

That's a tricky one, animations would look good but also could be annoying for most players, Entering/leaving tank will be time consuming. Also I don't think players would like to have same stuff as Battlefield franchise have. On other side WW3 is more hardcore game not simulation. I will forward this to designers and ask for their opinion. 

You can just open a hatch and give players full control. it would be 1-2s. In BF exit animation lasts till character's feet are on the ground which is a little bit too long. Also it would be better to manual open hatch/door before sneaking into vehicle. Remember that no animation can give unfair advantage to tankers.                                                                                          

Edited by dreluk88

Much more important imho because it effects game-play, would be to have some control of where you exit a vehicle -- currently the vehicle exit plops you into the game in very unpredictable locations -- not something you want from an infantry vehicle for example...

Edited by Hoak
  • Like 3

You should exit the vehicle on the rear for all vehicles. I have been driving my tank and when someone got out it placed them in front of an Abrams and they got crushed instantly, and of course they are a nub so they didn't realize how they died and they punished me causing my tank to be stolen. Now I like this game a lot but that was it for me that night.

Edited by NeoOrNeon
  • Like 2

‎25‎.‎05‎.‎2019 в 15:46, dreluk88 сказал:

I know many hates them

My idea for more hate in WW3. Add enter/exit animation to WW3 and add weight dependant animation like it's with jumps from decent height. So, when u r with heavy kit, when u r exiting the tank and jumping of the turret to the ground u'll spend 1-2 secs standing up after ur feets've touched the ground.

• Like 1

On 5/25/2019 at 4:06 PM, Rozmo said:

Entering/leaving tank will be time consuming.

I think that's exactly the reason why they should be in the game. I hated it when I shot someone a couple of times in Battlefield 3 only for them to magically disappear in a tank and become invincible (to my rifle). Tanks are powerful assets and being vulnerable while getting into one is a small trade-off for that power. tynblpb's idea with weight-dependent animations would be a small, but welcome detail

Totally down for entering and exiting animations but I'd like to add another idea. You should exit and enter the vehicle near the door. So on an if you get in and out at the rear. Except some vehicles might be a little more complicated like the btr has several doors.

• Like 1

While aesthetic realism of enter/exit animations is nice, it has a slew of issues for a Developer, not the least of which is cost -- it's a mountain of work. The man (and/or women) hours that can be poured into a game are finite, and this involves a lot of design and code work as well in deciding when you transition from taking damage to covered by armor as this gets complicated at the net-code level with regards to vehicle and player position and time constants and can end up being a lot of messy "WTF!?" that takes another five man years to fix. 

Not trying to rain on anyone's parade here, but just one tenth of 1% of the suggestion on these forums would be enough work to keep a an experienced team of 500 busy for the next fifty years. I'd much rather see The Farm 51 focus on game design and content that keeps people playing -- stuff that will make this a sustainable enterprise for them and game for us.

When the game takes off, and I think it will, and it's a roaring success and they're rolling in money -- then high granularity aesthetic features like exit animations could more realistically become a thing. In the mean time, it might  help a lot of everyone made more of an effort to focus on the things you know are really the most important, not the 'wouldn't it be cool if ' stuff -- but the stuff that hurts the game by making something more of a frustration then a skill challenge, or toil rather then fun. 

Edited by Hoak

The main vehicular feature I'd like to see is being able to mount LMGs on the top hatches so passengers can fire like it's a cheaper RCWS.

I agree, in fact I'd sum up my previous point adding:

Anything that adds player interaction to the game, where players weren't able to interact previously -- generally adds fun and sustains or even grows play-share so long as it's balanced. Being able to shoot out of gun ports when transported would be an example. 

Anything that's just a cosmetic update to the game, can (and probably will) add an enormous workload for a Developer, and then take weeks or even months to get working right as there are always unforeseen consequences. Ask yourself: do you really want time taken away from adding/fixing other things, or even other content left out of the game for exit animations?

Walking back what I said a little; all the suggestions here are great, they come from the same enthusiasm we all have in common here for this kind of game -- but imagine you are developing WW 3, trying to prioritize all this based on forum reaction, and the success of the game and your paycheck is on the line.

I hope WW 3 fans take what TF41 is offering here more seriously; not many Developers this capable interact with fans on this level. Carefully weighing your comments, and comments you choose to bump can go a long way to helping them make a better game, or wasting a lot of time.

Having been a Developer I can offer the 'My Thoughts' and 'My Pet Wishes' topics are real eye rollers as you just don't have time to wade through someone's vague and disorganized thinking, or the digression that results from it -- clear, well organized, facts and numbers, examples, with generalities to specifics and fans corroborating they love or hate the thing is what we were looking for.

Edited by Hoak

Exit/enter animation isnt a priority right now for sure but I would love to know opinion of the dev team. 

Edited by dreluk88

Sign in to follow this