Dunabar

0.6.9 Hellfire & Stormbreaker changes and the future of Airstrikes

Posted (edited)
20 минут назад, TCPPolak сказал:

"Too dangerous for their user" Well, too dangerous for those who up to now play the game like Blitz in R6S, or for those who are way too used to using missiles from a safe location, as opposed to useful (and free) tools such as the RPG or AT mine.

U missed first 2 points. Limited to the direct view range usability.  If it was like u r calling in quadrocopter with laser designator, move it to area where are the vehicles or infantry and then call in strike while pointing where the strike must fall... Then yes. But f.....ng 6000 BP strike limited to 100-150 meters view range is simply a joke. It's unusable.

Oh and about using missiles from a safe location. U must earn all the BPs to call in rocket strike. U can't do it in the safe location. U must many times put ur ass on the line to be able to call in Stormbreaker at least.

Edited by tynblpb

53 minutes ago, Atway said:

here is the heli laughts :D

Same with Bombing runs and Artillery Strikes. 🤣

I am completely with @Dunabar and @TCPPolak here. Something like this was proposed @krakovv as well to give him some credit. I consider it preferable to have kind of a interaction with the environment to guide in the strikes rather than just having to click on the map.

I have to admit though, that this might partly stem from the fact that I am not sure about the Off Map strikes overall. Thus, it is subjective.Sure they are nice to use and it's epic to call in a B2 but in the end it's just a chance to get free kills or stop a vehicle. This is drastically spoken and I like to use strikes on my own. BUT if I not only have to earn the points for the strikes but also face a real challenge to use them as good as possible I think this adds to the skill ceiling.

I mean: Everybody can earn the points for the strikes by running from objective to objective. There is nothing wrong with that but it also doesn't tell anything about how well you play and it can be frustrating to get killed by strike. So if I know that my enemy was somewhere around me and guided the strike in I can grant him that. If he just spawned in his base and clicked on a CP which is just getting captured it feels cheap and  annoying.

On 6/9/2019 at 11:11 AM, krakovv said:

Now to get to the point, this will be kind of messy but i'll try my best:

18. Also it would be nice to have some of those killstreak airstrikes guided with the laser on your rifle, when you just paint the target with infra red(like in real life) or just regular red laser for the sake of gameplay. Without going on that crazy top view mode for everything.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, tynblpb said:

limited to 100-150 meters view range is simply a joke. It's unusable. 

Using the Mini UGV on Moscow I was able to still visually see the Tank I was testing with at 178 meters even with the Mini UGV's limitations. Had this been an actual combat scenario I was in, I could have lased the target, maintained visual on it, and brought the hammer down.  The only way this tank would have known I was targeting it with a Laser Designator to guide a Airstrike on it is if-

1. They heeded the announcement of a incoming Airstrike
  2. Had their Thermal sights on and spotted my laser trail coming from my Laser Designator

While this was merely a test scenario, to say it's unusable is frankly hyperbolic bull.

In the end though, Tyn. Till the Developers actually say "Yeah lets try this and see if it improves gameplay", you have nothing to worry about.

Edited by Dunabar
Added to the post

9 hours ago, HeiligeRobbe said:

There is nothing wrong with that but it also doesn't tell anything about how well you play and it can be frustrating to get killed by strike. ...  it feels cheap and  annoying.

And that's exactly how those of us who just like infantry combat  feel about vehicle users and vehicle strikes. 

I watched a guy in a match earlier get a k/d of 15-13 before calling in a heli. He ended the match with over 50 kills and still under 20 deaths.  I've seen similar things with tanks, too. It's the perfect example of vehicles not telling anything about someone plays, and it being incredibly frustrating. 

Posted (edited)
15 minutes ago, Zvolteh said:

And that's exactly how those of us who just like infantry combat  feel about vehicle users and vehicle strikes. 

I watched a guy in a match earlier get a k/d of 15-13 before calling in a heli. He ended the match with over 50 kills and still under 20 deaths.  I've seen similar things with tanks, too. It's the perfect example of vehicles not telling anything about someone plays, and it being incredibly frustrating.  

Don't play games with Vehicles in it in that case. Stick to Team Deathmatch if you just want Infantry Only gameplay, push & support game modes that are purely Infantry centric, and all that jazz.

Edited by Dunabar