Sign in to follow this  
tynblpb

Let's talk about "Map Rotating".

Since 0.6 hitted Live there is 1 most popular demand that is posted under almost all dev's new posts/themes. Different ppl are asking for one thing:

Giff us Map Rotation! When will be Map Rotation added? I want Map Rotation!

Well, there is nothing wrong with wanting to to play different maps when staying on 1 server. instead of exitiing to WarMap menu, choosing new server and connecting to it.

But I think ppl tend to forget about few things. Among them there is that fact, that WW2 is heavy, no, not that, HEAVY when we talk about maps sizes and how HEAVY loaded are CPU and grad-drive of the PC when the map itself is loading.

And ppl tend to forget that those, who have not high-end PCs will load map for a siginficantly longer time. And if there will be no CD on match start, they'll find themselves spawned on the base, when all vehicles are far away and closest to the vase CPs are already being captured. And guys with good PCs will have 1-1.5k BP advantage from the start.

To prevent this from happening devs will have to add warm-up timer for ppl to load the map and get ready to fight. So, ppl, with  good PCs will have to wait for others. And MAYBE if they've disconnected from the server and have choosed other server they'll spend less time on doing that than waiting for others.

SO, let me ask u, when u all are demanding "map rotation", are u ready for the situation when u'll have to wait for others for 1-2 mins? Keep in mind, that 1-2 minutes is not enough on WZ maps to actually get into firefight with enemies if u don't have vehicles and u'll be simply idling.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Ok its Give not giff, this is WW3 not WW2 and the load is not that big. Map rotation could and should be done hopefully sooner than later.

• Haha 1

@tynblpb Warm-up is already in game.  It waits for minimum amount of players before match starts. :)

• Thanks 1

42 минуты назад, Smok3 сказал:

@tynblpb Warm-up is already in game.  It waits for minimum amount of players before match starts. :)

Oh, rly? Didn't know.[sarcasm]. The question is: will be there warm-up when server FULL of players will change the map or the guys who will load the map first will have the upper hand, when they are already capturing the CPs and all others are still loading or just started RUNNING to the nearest CP, because all vehicles were taken already? I thought it was pretty much clear for what I was asking.

It does a warm-up. If you stay after match ends you will see. 

Edited by Smok3
  • Haha 1

Even though my PC is pretty decent I agree there should be at least a 30 second warm up, so that strategy and team co-ordination can be put together. 30 seconds should be enough time for most people to think through what loadout, gadgets and grenades they will run without having to worry about spawning in first to get the spawn vehicles.