Sign in to follow this  
Im just chillin

Warzone balance in nonexistent

Every match in Warzone is somehow unbalanced. I've never seen, both teams having almost same amount of points. 

Like, one has 4800, another 4900, do they are rushing to hit 5k. Always in the beginning of the match lost team has around 700-1000 points. I don't know exactly, how it works, but I think, if one team has too many points, players in this team must wait more time before spawning, or increase cost of their Score Streaks. Also it'd be nice, to make objectives, that are nearest to spawns a non-vehicle area. On Berlin its common, when dominating team just riding on streets near spawn and don't give enemies any options to strike back. 

• Like 2

I don't think balance has existed ever since this game has entered early access. If it does exist, so far, I think their only attempts at balancing revolve around map design, weapon dynamics, strikes and scoring. I'm not sure if they're gonna keep to these balancing methods or introduce new ones, but keep an eye out for update 0.7, since I hear that that may be when such fixes regarding balancing will be implemented.

Otherwise, I think some players will probably appreciate the lack of balancing measures, especially with games like maybe Battlefield - it would make the game a lot more meritocratic, although understandably, it would leave those who have been inactive or are new to shooters not really being able to pull their potential weight to the battle, especially if they struggle to stay alive. I've heard complaints about the 7.62 ammo damage nerf, claiming it reduces the diversity of the gunplay. I can understand where they're coming from that even though I have made a complaint somewhere about all the 7.62 guns being too similar to each other and the 5.56 guns also all being too similar to each other.

Edited by Rivy

Just lost 4998 to 5000 yesterday!   In Warzone, if a team does not play with teamwork (even if they have good shooting skills), they will lose to the team with better teamwork.  This is even more apparent when you have a good Squad leader issuing smart and relevant commands to the team and how well the team follows those commands for bonus points/strikes.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Manchild said:

Just lost 4998 to 5000 yesterday!   In Warzone, if a team does not play with teamwork (even if they have good shooting skills), they will lose to the team with better teamwork.  This is even more apparent when you have a good Squad leader issuing smart and relevant commands to the team and how well the team follows those commands for bonus points/strikes.

For me, it's a good thing, because I can play the objective far better than stay alive in a gun battle. I can see how this can be a problem though, especially when you don't really have a coordinated team or squad. I notice I tend to do better for the team better (not always) when I'm a squad lead, but I admit I don't like being squad lead a lot of the time.

• Like 2

It's unbalanced just like in any other big pub game that doesnt intentonally fuck with the score like bfv. This is because once you get a snowball going it can very easily turn into an avalanche due to general lack of coordination and how much 1-2 succesful early pushes can swing an entire game.

• Like 2

I wouldn't say it is unbalanced.

Players need to understand the importance of playing the objective. Kills mean nothing on the scoreboard.

Yes an early cap objective allows for a buffer in the score, so things become static, the advantages goes towards the earlier captures.

A good squad can really turn the tide capturing zones. A good squad leader is important imo.

I like the addition of the typhoon mobile spawn. It can be parked beyond the front line so you can infiltrate other zones.

You can't control what your team or enemy does. Hopefully the more people play the more they realise how important teamwork and objectives are.

win.thumb.jpg.8fddf29a448255319d424c64050519f4.jpg

• Like 2

No need to discuss the team balance while maps are completely unbalanced

Depends on the players and map - both games I played last night were very close, within 300 points. One was Polyarny too. Other was Smolensk.

But I guess devs want to upgrade the engine, increase player base a bit, then rework animations before they tackle all of these balance/gameplay issues. I just made a post on most of the things I think needed work, and yeah rarely when you get those close matches, it feels really good. But it can be so much better, oh well, it will probably take until next year to sort it all out. 

It's not unbalanced exactly, since when both teams are working effectively and competitively match each other games can be very balanced. Just the other night we had a TSA vs TSA and the first match was about 1600 apart, so not super close but not crazy far, and the second match both teams were head to head basically the whole match, and we're about 200 points within each other basically the entire game going back and forth until the game ended at time with one team around 4900 and the other around 4800 but less than a hundred points separating each other. 

So if people carry their weight and actually play effectively on both teams or aren't heavy unbalanced in terms of the players on each side, then there isn't really an issue. 

If one team is just better than the other, then of course you're going to end up with scores like 5000-0. That's what happens in sports when one team is vastly Superior to the other yet no one says "wow that sport design is unbalanced" they say "that team got destroyed, they sucked". Same here, the losing teams just need to be better if they want to compete.

• Like 1

I will add though that there are definitely some issues with spawns and the way vehicles and scorestreaks interact that can be unbalanced, especially with circular spawns and getting full points for vehicle kills which is a big reason there's a big snowball potential. When one team is able to gain vehicle superiority and takes over the map, the team being oppressed has to work extra to get back into a good position. Having to work back out of it is fine, but the issue lies with getting full score generation when using things like vehicles. It makes it so when the enemy is finally able to break through and overcome the leading team's armor it doesn't matter because the leading team will have tons of battle points and can basically immediately bring heavy armor back in to push the other team back into oppression. There's definitely still other issues around general vehicle balancing that need worked out though.