Sign in to follow this  
BJAXDC

Game stuck on Authenticating

Can you describe the problem more precisely, in which step does it happen, post some screens, etc.

Thanks.

I think it's something like this since this is happening to me too after updating to 0.6.3. 20190531074109_1.thumb.jpg.592c2e8213a3a703bd9bc5180ea07cf7.jpg

It's like 0.1 v3.0 all over again ??

1 hour ago, ranmoru456 said:

I think it's something like this since this is happening to me too after updating to 0.6.3. 20190531074109_1.thumb.jpg.592c2e8213a3a703bd9bc5180ea07cf7.jpg

It's like 0.1 v3.0 all over again ??

Try to turn off your AV, also follow the steps described in my topic to allow game and anti-cheat files.

3 hours ago, weedtime said:

Try to turn off your AV, also follow the steps described in my topic to allow game and anti-cheat files.

Wellp, that didn't work. And I'm not taking any risk of redownloading the game or deleting any of my game settings file (.ini). Guess I'm getting the short straw and wait for the next patch to go live (and hopefully fixing my problem).

6 hours ago, ranmoru456 said:

Wellp, that didn't work. And I'm not taking any risk of redownloading the game or deleting any of my game settings file (.ini). Guess I'm getting the short straw and wait for the next patch to go live (and hopefully fixing my problem).

Patch ain't going to help you out, because the problem is on your end or your game profile is corrupted, send me your steam profile link, we will check the database for issues.

Thanks.

@weedtime I seem to be having the same problem. Both live(0.6.3) and PTE(0.6.9.1). Steps in the troubleshooting guide didn't seem to help.

Does it require a profile reset?

1 hour ago, DeWa95 said:

@weedtime I seem to be having the same problem. Both live(0.6.3) and PTE(0.6.9.1). Steps in the troubleshooting guide didn't seem to help.

Does it require a profile reset?

I don't think so, because we reset profiles and it didn't help, as I said it's probably known what causes this problem, we need to wait for a patch...

• Thanks 1

Alright, thank you.

Some more info I forgot to mention, if t helps. Tried it on "EU/AF" and "Play WW3" servers(main build).

In the mean time do let me know if any other info is required.

On 6/1/2019 at 5:23 PM, weedtime said:

Hey, you still have problems?

Sorry, can’t check it for the time being (on vacation ?). I’ll let you know once i’m back on my desktop (using my phone right now).

My game just stuck on Authenticating screen and I never see the menu. Everytime I checked the integrity with Steam after I tried to launch the game, it said 6 files need redownload.

I have the same problem too. And every time I check the integrity after launching the game, it said 6 files need to be redownloaded.

And i have same problem with check the integrity after launching the game everytime is 10 or 11 Killing floor 1 have same problem if i launch it i nead to check next time :)

I just want Play this game but i cant going to menu

Authenticating screen is stucked

Same problem 

Repair EAC, Allow WW3 files to firewall, turn off AV, we still trying to fix it...

Had the same problem after over 100 hours. do right click on WW3 in steam and choose the lowest option. Then third tab and choose scan data for errors (the lowest one) . Helped me first time having this problem and a friend told me this after having the third time this problem.

It's probably some stupid problem caused by steam, I had a similar one myself. Repairing the registry won't do anything, I have tried many times. Either re-install steam, or press windows button plus R and C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\bin\SteamService.exe  /repair, with add a single space before typing /repair. Not everyone will have steam in steam folder, so find the folder, go to bin, then steamservice.exe then type the repair function. After that, make sure CCleaner is not running, make an exception for WW3 in your firewall and anti-virus, then restart PC. 

Same problem, no solution yet...It happend after I got the hot fix patch

Not solved

On 6/7/2019 at 9:21 PM, weedtime said:

Repair EAC, Allow WW3 files to firewall, turn off AV, we still trying to fix it...

I got the same prob, I tried every step but still the same....It happen right after the recent patch, it was fine before

On 6/7/2019 at 7:05 PM, sjae040207 said:

Authenticating screen is stucked

On 6/9/2019 at 1:01 PM, ducpro1998 said:

Not solved

Well, just got crashed and then got Authenticating error. Solved it in 10 minutes: verified game files via steam, then launched the game with \steamapps\common\World War 3\WW3_launcher.exe

On 6/7/2019 at 5:03 PM, Siggi said:

Had the same problem after over 100 hours. do right click on WW3 in steam and choose the lowest option. Then third tab and choose scan data for errors (the lowest one) . Helped me first time having this problem and a friend told me this after having the third time this problem.

There is no such thing as "scan data for errors" in steam properties. You can verify game registry, thats all.