Sign in to follow this  
Manchild

More Etnicity Types for Soldiers

It would be great if we can get more ethnicity types you can choose from to create our soldiers. Right now I believe there is only  caucasian soldiers modeled  in the game.

Thank you. 

• Thanks 1

24 минуты назад, Manchild сказал:

It would be great if we can get more ethnicity types you can choose from to create our soldiers. Right now I believe there is only  caucasian soldiers modeled  in the game.

Thank you. 

Who cares about ethnicicty in WW3?? 4 out of 5 players run with masked faces. We definitely need more masks, gasmasks, scarves with various prints.

Checked few endgame screens I've made.

Скрытый текст

20190503152338_1.thumb.jpg.0711900fdd95acbd644b934af540f123.jpg20190503152347_1.thumb.jpg.5f6d830845f56c91ab27799e3f904ce4.jpg20190526200134_1.thumb.jpg.072562334d5e11307c5beec05f35b90b.jpg20190601213856_1.thumb.jpg.00ada307d5e2276227d506abc1d50316.jpg20190602115752_1.thumb.jpg.bfc8d2d943d8b72290b78675b52c786c.jpg

• Like 1

I would like to see this, it'd be not too difficult to add to the game (I'm guessing here) and would make a lot of players feel more involved.

• Like 1

Jesus, really? Ethnicity? What does the skin color of a player model have to do with getting involved in the game? Ridiculous post. 9/10 characters have their face covered, if that characters skin was blue, wouldn't have made a difference. 

Edited by Artaxiad300062
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, Artaxiad300062 said:

Jesus, really? Ethnicity? What does the skin color of a player model have to do with getting involved in the game? Ridiculous post. 9/10 characters have their face covered, if that characters skin was blue, wouldn't have made a difference. 

The game is planned to be released multi-nationally.  Even asian maps will be released.   Don't you think asian players would like to play in the asian maps as Asians for example?   Maybe those that have their faces covered aren't Caucasian?   I'm sure many folks want to play as characters representing themselves and play representing their country of origin.   A selling point of sorts.    If you really think about it,  my post isn't as ridiculous as your short-sighted  and rude response. 

Edited by Manchild

9 hours ago, Manchild said:

The game is planned to be released multi-nationally.  Even asian maps will be released.   Don't you think asian players would like to play in the asian maps as Asians for example?   Maybe those that have their faces covered aren't Caucasian?   I'm sure many folks want to play as characters representing themselves and play representing their country of origin.   A selling point of sorts.    If you really think about it,  my post isn't as ridiculous as your short-sighted  and rude response. 

It is ridiculous, because you just now factored logic into it. Your original post was more emotionally driven, " I'm sure many folks want to play as characters representing themselves and play representing their country of origin." This is just a stupid liberal concept, that every race/ethnicity has to be presented everywhere. It does not, I would not have a problem playing as an Asian character, or Black character, but that is if it is logically acceptable and reasonable. If I play as Japan, I'd expect Japanese character models, but in it's current state there are only European nations; Germany, Poland, Russia, United States, UK, and France. Some of the western nation's could have diverse ethnic groups, such as USA or or UK, with pretty much any type of model. But then I do not agree with being able to play as a black guy, Japanese, or Arab when playing as Russia or Poland, that wouldn't make sense. So my comment wasn't trying to be rude, this is just what happens when you start a post with only a sentence written and don't expand on your idea. 

13 hours ago, Artaxiad300062 said:

This is just a stupid liberal concept, that every race/ethnicity has to be presented everywhere.

Where in my OP do you see me asking for "every race/ethnicity has to be presented everywhere"?  I'm just simply providing a suggestion to the devs for THIS game only, not "everywhere".  If they see a practical way to do it,  I'm sure they'll do it.   It's their decision,  not yours.  Plus,  if the devs decide to do it,  how does it impact you?   It doesn't. 

26 минут назад, PartTimeAHole сказал:

I read a lot of "who cares" here. So if it doesn't bother you guys, why are you so against it?

Because I'll be much more satisfied if there would be solved this problem.

Because it directly affects gameplay and gunplay. And not to make devs spend their time so the random asian guy could feel more immersion.

36 minutes ago, tynblpb said:

Because I'll be much more satisfied if there would be solved this problem.

Because it directly affects gameplay and gunplay. And not to make devs spend their time so the random asian guy could feel more immersion.

What makes you think they can't address both?  It's up to the devs to decide, not you.  I suggested more ethnicity because I know this is an international game.  It could help sales and help fund the WW3 project so the game comes to fruition.

We all want this game to succeed which I think we can all agree on.

I'm not saying this needs to be a priority or anything, but one of the selling points for the game is the whole national pride thing, and because this game is planned to expand to other parts of the world I see no reason why not.

Yes thats what we def need right now. Also include women and disabled people, furthermore would be awesome to play as an lgbt lesbian/trans soldier. TY

• Like 1

Come on guys, why has every discussion to become so heated? I think most of us will agree that the original proposal has not a great impact on the gameplay. Thus the priority would likely be low(er), but would it harm the game by any means if there was more customization options? If the artists find the time for it why not? No need for sarcasm or anger... 

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, HeiligeRobbe said:

Come on guys, why has every discussion to become so heated? I think most of us will agree that the original proposal has not a great impact on the gameplay. Thus the priority would likely be low(er), but would it harm the game by any means if there was more customization options? If the artists find the time for it why not? No need for sarcasm or anger... 

This.

1 hour ago, Gutshot said:

Yes thats what we def need right now. Also include women and disabled people, furthermore would be awesome to play as an lgbt lesbian/trans soldier. TY

So basically, you don't have a good reason against it?

14 minutes ago, PartTimeAHole said:

For sure not, since the game runs smooth af and has barely any other issues. diversity should be one of the primary points to focus on. 100% serious...

Edited by Gutshot
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Gutshot said:

For sure not, since the game runs smooth af and has barely any other issues. diversity should be one of the primary points to focus on. 100% serious...

Nobody said it should be the focus right now. Besides, artists are not fixing any bugs etc, that's what programmers are for. Artists create assets like you new textures and models for the soldiers.

On 6/11/2019 at 2:20 PM, Gutshot said:

I never stated we should do this so not sure where it is from.   This would be out of scope for this game and it's not what I asked.   Again,  if  the devs decide to do it , great; if not,  life goes on.   Whatever they decide,  it  will have no negative impact for anyone so I truly don't understand the objection to the idea.

On 6/11/2019 at 3:47 PM, Gutshot said:

Those are your words.    Nobody in this thread said my suggestion should be "primary points to focus on".

Looking forward to playing as a black paraplegic lesbian, the main white character makes my blood boil. 

On 6/11/2019 at 3:32 PM, PartTimeAHole said:

I proposed several reasons. 

9 hours ago, Artaxiad300062 said:

Looking forward to playing as a black paraplegic lesbian, the main white character makes my blood boil. 

LMAO.  It's laughable that you are reacting the way you do to the suggestion.   You must be one paranoid and miserable f*ck.   Frankly, I don't give a rats ass what you think.   

9 hours ago, Artaxiad300062 said:

I proposed several reasons. 

I think he's asking about valid and logical reasons,  not your tantrum.

Well, it's not bad idea itself. Imagine: in both coalitions there can be soldiers of all races. Russian (white), Chinese (asian), and Sudan(black) in EAST. And Polish (white), African-American (black) and Japanese (asian) soldiers in WEST.

In other hand, I think, optimisation and netcode improvements are more important at the moment.

1 hour ago, †FeuerEuphorie† said:

Well, it's not bad idea itself. Imagine: in both coalitions there can be soldiers of all races. Russian (white), Chinese (asian), and Sudan(black) in EAST. And Polish (white), African-American (black) and Japanese (asian) soldiers in WEST.

In other hand, I think, optimisation and netcode improvements are more important at the moment.

Artists aren't writing netcode but I agree,  optimization is priority.   I'm sure TF51 knows how to manage their time so I'm not worried.   I threw an idea out there and if they have the time,  they'll do it,  if not,  not a big deal.   

Hey guys, no need to get bent out of shape about this. We're planning on adding more ethnicities to the game, so don't worry. For anyone who's against it: it's just so people can have more fun playing the game, it's good!

• Like 4