Korny

Tanks/Mines/etc continuation

Posted (edited)
When the game starts in Warzone each team should have 2xIFVs not 1xIFV and 1xTank. So IFVs can be destroyed easily(RPGs). So this would back up my old post about boosting the tanks and ways to kill them, points to buy them and different types of players. So tanks would be heavy hitters but in the same time can be countered really easily
(Example: T-72: 3k points bare[1000 health points]/ Abrams: 5,5k points bare [2000 health points] {Of course health points for Leo and Abrams should be discussed}
The player can choose that if he/she should wait to get the better tank or pick early to dominate early game.
But there would be some one with 3k points for Hellfire that can destroy the T-72 with no problem. Same with Abrams in late game.)

When some one with tank kills a person he will take 100 point (not 200 points) from the kill> less people would use the tanks
Nerf the RPGs or boost the tanks Health points> so people would use more hellfire
Boost the lens at least x2 harder to kill (or make the hit boxes x2 smaller)
And there should be 1 more type of "camera" which is the middle of the tank where the driver is seated, without option to move its "head" except when the tank is moved(<-|->)
Nerf the anti tank mines maybe? They work perfectly but for the tanks it takes them too much DMG(insta death), which i do not agree with. Maybe from my prev. post i have made about the tanks or maybe the first mine will be 1/2 chance for insta kill or 1/2 chance of taking 85% HP of the tank(would not be added the hassle of making a tank with broken tracks from my old suggestion).

/\
Here my last post about the tanks and AT mines. If you haven't seen it yet. Of course those about the AT mines are optional but i hope for the tanks to be done something (boosted {HP})
Less DMG by the RPGs on tanks or boost on Hp of the tanks > People would use other ways to destroy tanks and IFVs like "Hellfire".

Maybe more RPGs and AT mines can be carried to individual? (+1or2)
*Maybe it would be added option to choose how much rockets/mines/ammunition to be added on the solder (weight system)

The back of T-72 there is little window, when it shoots a shell it opens to trow away the casing of the shell. It would be good polish if it's added in the game.

I'm sorry if you don't understood me from my English(not native speaker).

Edited by Korny
  • Like 1

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Korny said:

When the game starts in Warzone each team should have 2xIFVs

IMO 1 or even 0 IFV + MTS at the beginning. Maps are to small for such amount of vehicles. Also these vehicles are completely undeserved

1 hour ago, Korny said:

Nerf the RPGs or boost the tanks Health points> so people would use more hellfire

hellfire is weak now - it deals 44 damage to tank. So to destroy a tank you should hit it with hellfire and few more RPGs. If nerf RPG damage, you will not be able to destroy a tank (or you have to cooperate with teammates which is impossible for random players). Also it has active armor and anti rpg nets. And with its over9000 horsepower engine the tank will retreat once it get hit with hellfire. In 20 seconds it will be completely repaired. So in sum tank will become a new annoying and immortal vehicle like heli drone right now (actually heli is not, but you know, randoms cant destroy it, they can just complain - as one said in comments of my "how to destroy heli" video: "this works only for very skilled players". Ok, jammer+1 rpg is for "very skilled players")

1 hour ago, Korny said:

Nerf the anti tank mines maybe? They work perfectly but for the tanks it takes them too much DMG(insta death), which i do not agree with. Maybe from my prev. post i have made about the tanks or maybe the first mine will be 1/2 chance for insta kill or 1/2 chance of taking 85% HP of the tank(would not be added the hassle of making a tank with broken tracks from my old suggestion).

if exploded under the central part of the tank - insta kill. If under tracks - 60-70%+destroyed track which will decrease tracks speed to 10% (it will make tank very hard driveable and turning on the place). Tracks can be repaired only on spawnzone.

Anyway the answer will be like "its EA stage, vehicles are not balanced yet. We will see what can we do here" ;)

Edited by Atway
  • Like 1

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Atway said:

IMO 1 or even 0 IFV + MTS at the beginning. Maps are to small for such amount of vehicles. Also these vehicles are completely undeserved

hellfire is weak now - it deals 44 damage to tank. So to destroy a tank you should hit it with hellfire and few more RPGs. If nerf RPG damage, you will not be able to destroy a tank (or you have to cooperate with teammates which is impossible for random players). Also it has active armor and anti rpg nets. And with its over9000 horsepower engine the tank will retreat once it get hit with hellfire. In 20 seconds it will be completely repaired. So in sum tank will become a new annoying and immortal vehicle like heli drone right now (actually heli is not, but you know, randoms cant destroy it, they can just complain - as one said in comments of my "how to destroy heli" video: "this works only for very skilled players". Ok, jammer+1 rpg is for "very skilled players")

if exploded under the central part of the tank - insta kill. If under tracks - 60-70%+destroyed track which will decrease tracks speed to 10% (it will make tank very hard driveable and turning on the place). Tracks can be repaired only on spawnzone.

1.I agree, there shouldn't be any kind of IFVs or tanks at start of the game. But many other players think otherwise. That's why i try to make it more acceptable. 

2.Hellfire deals 1300 DMG while the tanks are all with 1000 Health points. Plus Hellfire is 3k points while the tank is 4,5+. And even if the tank survives and it would be hard to go back and repair while around enemies. It would make the tank go back and forth, and the person would get bored really easily + will not do a lot in the game (kill or capturing). And there are a lot other ways to kill a tank, not only with Hellfire, just saying.

3.I agree with 10% speed. This is really good point. So it would be no need to render or do work on broken tracks. But the problem is if the game/servers/PCs can handle specific places of the tank to be insta kill plus it would require a lot of work on the devs part. I want to be acceptable, so it would be realistic to make it in the game (realistic in a way of funds and if they can push everything that they have planned for the same time). But it would be nice. 
The change of The Health points and the chance of death is not hard to make(code). it may broke some stuff of course... But making it complicated, it may be ignored. That's why i'm afraid, where is the line that i must not cross?

3.1 Just to confirm. The At mine even if explodes in the middle in the tank doesn't mean it would destroy the tank. Usually depends on the tank/At mine. Even if it destroys the tank the crew may survive or vice versa. So still think there should be some kind of formula to make it more real for belly explosion.  

Edited by Korny

6 minutes ago, Korny said:

2.Hellfire deals 1300 DMG while the tanks are all with 1000 Health points. Plus Hellfire is 3k points while the tank is 4,5+.

image.thumb.png.18c8fe126ff1e6a997de55be116c191c.png

7 minutes ago, Korny said:

But the problem is if the game/servers/PCs can handle specific places of the tank to be insta kill plus it would require a lot of work on the devs part

no, its quite simple to decrease damage in dependence to blast radius. Like 100% damage for (0,0,0) point and then damage reduction with increasing range between landmine and tank (0,0,0) points

10 minutes ago, Korny said:

3.1 Just to confirm. The At mine even if explodes in the middle in the tank doesn't mean it would destroy the tank. Usually depends on the tank/At mine. Even if it destroys the tank the crew may survive or vice versa.

chance to completely disable a tank with high damage to its driver? Sound interesting, but complicated tanks system requres a lot of work to implement (module system, chance to disable/blow up the tank, chance to injure its driver and so on). Hope such system will be implemented at least after game release

7 minutes ago, Atway said:

image.thumb.png.18c8fe126ff1e6a997de55be116c191c.png

Hmmm i didn't knew.... Well then... they should pump those DMG numbers up on my opinion. JDF(not sure if that was the name) can wipe a lot of people with tanks for 3500 points.

In my opinion the radius should be reduced of splash DMG to 5m and more penetration power for the tank specifically. 

As for the tanks... I think we got into conclusion. 

3 minutes ago, Korny said:

JDF(not sure if that was the name) can wipe a lot of people with tanks for 3500 points.

JSOW, JDAM, WCMD bombing you mean?

it can and it cant - if there is an object between tank and airstrike bomb, the tank will not get any damage. Also "enemy airstrike is coming" makes any tanker with IQ>room temperature to move avoiding airstrike easily

• Haha 1