Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Artaxiad300062

Free-weekend map

What map should be available to free-weekends players?   

16 members have voted

  1. 1. Which mapes? Consider performance, and overall polish.

    • Warsaw (most polished, good performance, nice graphics) my personal favorite
    • Polyarny (nice map, poor performance, imbalanced flank spawns)
    • Moscow (nice map overall, good performance, good choice)
    • Berlin (decent choice imo, good performance)


Recommended Posts

I have heard rumors that there is going to be a single map available to the free-weekend participants, and it is mostly likely going to be Polyarny. I think this should be reconsidered if true, although the map is overall nice, it has problems with flank spawns, and bad performance compared to the older maps. However, I think the community could give a better idea of which maps we can use to market to game to new people. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Berlin TDM 32v32. It'll be ABSOLUTE blast!

P.S. Btw, servers could easily handle 32v32 TDM size maps. Profit!

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
54 minutes ago, tynblpb said:

TDM

definetly not TDM :) 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, tynblpb said:

Berlin TDM 32v32. It'll be ABSOLUTE blast!

P.S. Btw, servers could easily handle 32v32 TDM size maps. Profit!

lol how would you fit 64 players into that tiny space? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 минут назад, Atway сказал:

definetly not TDM :) 

Definitely YES! All the CoD kids will see it, go: Waaaaaa! This is the game we for so long have waited and wanted! - and they'll buy millions of copies, thinking that the whole game is like this. And when they'll see the actual gameplay and go "wtf?!" devs can go "suck it! We are going to Bahamas!".

And that's when I woke up...

If serious: doesn't rly matter what map to choose as in the first day newcomers will run like in a hordes not knowing where to go and what to do and "from where was I killed just now?!". Plus u can't learn how to drive vehicles well enough in 2 days. So there again will be crying here and there that vehicles suck. And much more thing like "how this strike actually works". So, I don't expect much from Free Weekend. At least from the First Free Weekend.

So, basically, what's matter the most is the visual. I presume, that as the players will be mostly from the West, maps visuals will be more "catching" to them than the usual "western" Berlin or Warsaw.

But as for me, all I'm expecting, with all my respect to newcomers and their experience in FPS, is that it will be some kind of freak show and I think I'll avoid Polyarny during the Free Weekend. Mb, it'll be for the better if the FreeWeekenders will not be mixed with players who have bought the game, so there will be less cheat/hack/whatever accusations.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, tynblpb said:

Definitely YES! All the CoD kids will see it, go: Waaaaaa! This is the game we for so long have waited and wanted! - and they'll buy millions of copies, thinking that the whole game is like this. And when they'll see the actual gameplay and go "wtf?!" devs can go "suck it! We are going to Bahamas!".

If only more small developers could pull off this move

Edited by Rivy

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, tynblpb said:

If serious: doesn't rly matter what map to choose as in the first day newcomers will run like in a hordes not knowing where to go and what to do and "from where was I killed just now?!"

Yeah, but to show new people what this game has to offer, Polyarny isn't a smart move, the performance is pretty bad and flanks spawns are pretty imbalanced for the team starting in the north who have nowhere to counter spawn, so they spend their time trying to retake B1/B2, while the south team just caps all objectives. I think the old maps should be for the free-weekend, more polished overall. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I read from the Devs, think it is in the latest weekly report, that the free weekend map Polyarny will be

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Smolensk and Polyarny doesnt run as good as warsaw and other maps. So i would go with Warsaw map

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

btw why not to add TDM maps as well? Let newcomers try both gamemodes out. I think it will attract more players to the game as not everyone likes "capture points" gamemode

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Putting my two cents in I have to say that I would go for warsaw. It has a good mix of vehicle friendly and infantry only control points, which would make it more fun for people with different playstyles.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, nubbits said:

Putting my two cents in I have to say that I would go for warsaw. It has a good mix of vehicle friendly and infantry only control points, which would make it more fun for people with different playstyles.

Agreed

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...