Sign in to follow this  
Atway

Improvement of strikes

Some strikes are not comfortable to use due to their "how to point them on the map"

How to improve (especially for new players)

Radars/Jammers

show their center (as a point) with radius on the map (50% transparency to distinguish them from working atm ones). 

image.png.be228b1a4d4934b8f18ecc0cb4273ed8.png (sorry, no alpha in paint :D)

Bombing

bombing has the most weird controls: hold to rotate, but you dont know exactly where is the center of bombing line. And you have to point it to the nearest pixel. so sometimes you hold LMB, rotate it and see that its not what you want. You have to disable it still holding LMB (if you release it, the bombing will get called) and press 6-9 buttons. Repeat. I suggest to add a dot in its center or to select 1st point to start bombing run with and the second within defined for the strike radius

image.png.28c027e07d0952496e1977728ee0a279.png ----> image.png.6321ae7c02bc76c88fd643db3143d5c3.png OR image.png.0811cf8d852710c801b2bca725d0fce7.png

Or to show its whole area as tynbIpb suggested few months ago (as far as for now we have not really informative "wide/narrow bombing area"

image.png.eb4fff56ea7f68a205230ac37d1cb361.png

@Ragir @Borreh 

Edited by Atway
added 1 more variant to improve
  • Like 2

12 минут назад, Atway сказал:

Bombing

bombing has the most weird controls: hold to rotate, but you dont know exactly where is the center of bombing line. And you have to point it to the nearest pixel. so sometimes you hold LMB, rotate it and see that its not what you want. You have to disable it still holding LMB (if you release it, the bombing will get called) and press 6-9 buttons. Repeat. I suggest to add a dot in its center or to select 1st point to start bombing run with and the second within defined for the strike radius

Asked about it 2 months ago. As the things are all the same I presume it is in low priority for now.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, tynblpb said:

Asked about it 2 months ago.

thanks. Your idea is the best way to show it as a whole area:

image.png.eb4fff56ea7f68a205230ac37d1cb361.png

Edited by Atway

Because of the aforementioned problems with bomb-strikes placement, since the reduction of rocket-strikes cost I didn't use the bomb-strikes not even once. And the usage of the Stormbreaker is satisfying enough not to try to return to bomb-strikes.

Edited by tynblpb

4 minutes ago, tynblpb said:

Because of the aforementioned problems with bomb-strikes placement, since the reduction of rocket-strikes cost I didn't use the bomb-strikes not even once. And the usage of the Stormbreaker is satisfying enough not to try to return to bomb-strikes.

not the reason to make them not comfortable to use ;)

We are planning on doing a whole UX pass over everything in the UI (both HUDs and other screens), this will be taken into account, thanks!

• Thanks 1

I don't know what to see.
Inside the building, defense-taking zone-occupying soldiers are at a disadvantage against attackers.
because of UAV detection due to thermo scan ...

Yes, on open ground, but do you see it in the house?

Edited by mardell

Sign in to follow this