Sign in to follow this  
nubbits

Medium level transport vehicle idea

I have previously said and heard from other players that a transport vehicle with just a little bit more oomph is needed, and as a proud Australian I am suggesting that the devs add the Land Rover Perentie 6*6 in SAS configuration into the game.

f388219c63bc00f50fbf973ce113b674.jpg9d44a51e2d5a0446363f5f5e366a9f27.jpg

The Perentie (in the Australian SAS configuration) comes in both 4*4 and 6*6 variants, although I would argue that the 6*6 would be a better suit. It fits one driver in the right hand seat, a gunner in the left hand seat that may crew a mounted LMG, and a rear compartment in the back that can carry another three squad members, with one able to man a pintle mounted heavy weapon, such as a heavy machine gun or grenade launcher.

My suggestion is that the Perentie comes at a base cost of about 800 BP, having space for 5 players to fit in it and no mounted weapons. Because the Perentie has no proper armour plating on it, mounted weapons should be cheaper than their RCWS counterparts.

Adding a light machine gun in the passenger seat should be enough to push it up to 900 BP (100BP upgrade). Maybe in the future these weapons will be able to be customised, but for now that is probably too difficult to do. Adding a heavy machine gun could be 200-300 BP, with a grenade launcher 300-500. Players should also be able to add either a health pack or ammo pack.

Because it can fit a full squad of five in what would be a relatively cheap vehicle, the Perentie opens up the option for more mobile play for a squad (I think it can reach up to 80 km/h) without having the slow and potentially vulnerable larger vehicles. However, it still remains open to attack as it is quite light armoured and takes some time to accelerate, so it is no get out of jail free card.

• Like 1

The maps are kinda small for a big emphasis on more transport vehicles don't you think?

I like more vehicles to choose from but I don't see more transport vehicles adding anything of value to our smallish medium sized maps other than vehicle bloating.

• Like 2

36 minutes ago, Fullback said:

A térképek kicsiek ahhoz, hogy nagyobb hangsúlyt fektessenek több közlekedési eszközre, nem gondolod?

Szeretem több járművet választani, de nem látok több szállítóeszközt, ami hozzáadott értéket jelentene a gépjárműpótláson kívüli kis közepes méretű térképeinknek.

And the soldiers run so that they can get anywhere in the moment, ahead of the tank as a rocket.
They run the map in 30 seconds. ? 

7 hours ago, Fullback said:

The maps are kinda small for a big emphasis on more transport vehicles don't you think?

I like more vehicles to choose from but I don't see more transport vehicles adding anything of value to our smallish medium sized maps other than vehicle bloating

The maps will go back to their large size once we get more optimized.

• Like 1

The idea of this is to support larger map sizes, the original goal was for 32 v 32 size Warzone games which would require larger map sizes than that of which we currently have.

The importance of vehicles would return if the map were larger. if there were maps where FLANK works.

And if the spawn would be limited.

Spawn: just HQ, and squad leader, and mobile spawn point. 

limiting spawn point could also improve gameplay.

maps are to small for such vehicles, so we need skates, scooters and segways :D

• Like 1

Sign in to follow this