I thing this idea need little bit more attention from everyone and may be if it's possible to realize it is better to take serious test damage from vote system because maybe not all players will happy to see the bullets by real hard way :).

So the idea if not awready you guessed what is it.

We need to minimize as much as possible useless and not realistic infos from the screen ( you get fun if you make it personal ) first and most noticeable is to see exactly how much bullets you have on your clip - to see that you should press lets say ( R ) or ( B ) button fast 3 times or press different button in that moment you will see are you have bullets on clip with appropriate animation (and this will depends of what type of clip you choose to have ) for better understant all of you see the pics below - on last one lets say we have standart type clip you can see the bullet only if detach the mag from the weapon :

61pZTE2WANL._SY355_.jpg

extended-magazine425.jpg

ammo-clip-weapon.png

10388018.jpg

Edited by Hypnotic

>Clip

You misspell magazine but I think tracking bullets by magazine+one in the chamber instead of number of bullets would make it more hardcore and realistic, and also I like that kind of thing. 

Sorry i not played insurgency and i'm forget arma its last long ago and i not play it much but i think ready or not will have something similar .