Sign in to follow this  
tynblpb

How do jammers on Vehicles work?

Posted (edited)

As the APS currently are bugged and do not intercept incoming RPG grenades I decided that this is the best time to test jammers on vehicles. Not the least reason was that fact that I was few times killed by rocket AirStrikes and quadrocopters with HEAT warhead. 

So I equipped RCIED jammer with ability to "intercept incoming guided missiles" and went to battlefields trying to generate as much hate as I can, so that pissed off enemies would spend some of their BPs just to kill me. Unfortunately, ppl tend to use RPG much more frequently,  than AirStrikes.

But! There were few attempts to attack me with quadrocopter, Loitering Ammo, Hellfire and Mephisto. To my surprise all these attempts except 1 were successful.

So here I am, asking: does anybody know for sure how the jammers on vehicles are supposed to work? Does the jammer work like aerial jammers - with 5sec CD for enemy to lose control? One quadrocopter was flying for quite a long time before he(supposedly) was jammed and hanged above my tank. It was that aforementioned exception when jammer(supposedly) worked. All other attempts to attack me with quadrocopters were successful, with  that little clarification that all the times ppl used ThermoBaric warheads...

But question is still there:  what's the point in having jammer on ur armored vehicle if the chances to jam quadrocopters are close to zero?

Are the jammers countermeasures to the current rocket-strikes or there are no such strikes in current game version?  I don't know what to think.

Should be jammers on vehicles have 40-60 meters AoE? Or should they jam bypassing drones instantly or with less than 1sec CD?  

Can anyone tell me how do the jammers on vehicles work and do they work at all? @Kony?

P.S I have video where I was hit  with Hellfire or Mephisto and RCIED jammer didn't react and I was dying with 4 charges. Or RCIED jammer shouldn't react to them?

20190609155322_1.jpg.5cbb536cb60fc5b4492db0ad8ba070a7.jpg

Edited by tynblpb
  • Like 1

Posted (edited)

Yesterday I finally attacked tank with equipped jammer. Well, it's how I thought: u have 5 secs to get closer to tank and activate ur quadrocopter's trigger.

So, currently jammers on vehicles are useless agains quadrocopters and loitering ammo. And I'm afraid that against rocket-strikes they are useless too.

Because against rocket-strikes are useless even "big" strikes like jam-reaper. There was jamming noise when Strombreaker was diving, but it didn't disrupt controllability of the strike.

So, I'm afraid, but unless the hard-kill APS is repaired it's better not to waste ur BPs on any defence modules.

stormjammer.gif.2d55b0d5dfab6205abe432ca183ce49d.gif

@weedtime, count gif above as the bugreport, plz.

Edited by tynblpb

and UCAS-D is usles :) specialy vs remote controlled helicopter he can escape in any minute by going on high altitude .

I'd like to see a guided launcher that can be carried by a soldier. The jammer on vehicles should attempt to counter it.

I have never seen a tank using a jammer because it just doesn't make sense.

12 minutes ago, NeoOrNeon said:

I'd like to see a guided launcher that can be carried by a soldier. The jammer on vehicles should attempt to counter it.

Not so sure about this one. Maybe if it works against quadcopters, loitering ammo and other drones and airstrikes that should be enough