E - Cleaner

Does this mean no 64 players in Warzone?

Q: When will the large map game modes come back? - Smok3

A:We believe that Warzone in current scale is close to perfect ...but for your information, you will find larger maps and more players in Recon game mode :)

Somebody to explain this better please. 

First of all 64 is a dumb number - we have 5 member squad's, we want to make it equal for each side so only 30, 40, 50, 60, etc. numbers are valid.

Q: Max playercount per server increased in 0.7 or 0.8 and will warzone large come in 0.7 or 0.8? – Salt Lord
A: We’re aiming to have bigger servers back as soon as possible, but we can’t promise a solid date on that one, there’s just too many variables.

I think they mean by this, the bigger player count will come back when the server optimization and the game allow this. About Bigger maps, I have no idea, but maybe? All depends on servers performance and optimization of the game.

• Like 1

No, the person in charge may have misunderstood, wrongly presented, and or missed out on explaining it further.

64 players and large Warzone will return once they improve optimization and/or servers. It is answered on another AMA question, as far as I'm aware, however if not, it is still indicated a lot on Discord. It's been answered at least 10 times just to @Salt Lord alone.

However, as the person who responded also said, Recon will feature larger maps and players on top of that, too.

As for warzone, it is a matter of optimization and servers, no date is given.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, weedtime said:

First of all 64 is a dumb number - we have 5 member squad's, we want to make it equal for each side so only 30, 40, 50, 60, etc. numbers are valid.

Q: Max playercount per server increased in 0.7 or 0.8 and will warzone large come in 0.7 or 0.8? – Salt Lord
A: We’re aiming to have bigger servers back as soon as possible, but we can’t promise a solid date on that one, there’s just too many variables.

I think they mean by this, the bigger player count will come back when the server optimization and the game allow this. About Bigger maps, I have no idea, but maybe? All depends on servers performance and optimization of the game.

50-60 am still happy. But no 30. 

Am here for Warzone. 

Thanks.

64 is a dumb number, it's never going to be 64 :P

As for the rest, we'll see, it all depends on the CPU performance and how the games play out, 30-40 seems to be the best are for our game on the current maps. 

The real question is, what's with the playercount fetish, are you fighting those 60+ people at once? For now we cannot set it higher because of technical limitations, but once we overcome those, there's still the gameplay hurdle - we've tested bigger playercounts and they felt really chaotic and just like a meatgrind. 

Also, good luck with a tank with 10+ rpgs on the other side :P

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

It was 20v20 and I think it will be back to that at least, but for now it's not possible with minimal lag

It would be a limited respawn, only HQ, squad leader, and mobile respawa,And making weight system refinement more realistic, it would be less of a chaotic, I think 20V20.

Edited by mardell

50 player warzone large should be fine if possible. Not having warzone large in the game would be a big mistake to be honest. Not only was is the best and most enjoyable versions of the current maps but it also showed of ww3 at it's prime. so i hope you guys don't give up on it. Would be a huge missed oppertunity if you did 

13 minutes ago, Salt Lord said:

50 players is good for warzone large 

Edited by Salt Lord
  • Like 3

Personally I'd like 60 for Warzone large. The large size made the game feel like there were multiple fronts occurring at once which made it a lot more entertaining and felt like a coordinated battle rather than a meatgrind

• Like 3

Yeah, 40-50 players would be better. Because right now, people tend to outflank each other and take uncontested points all the time. The match is basically a circle right now, where both teams are on different sides of the map and traverse it clockwise. ?

• Like 1

Warzone Large is one of reasons why I bought this game. 40-60 people on map will make a real world war feeling, so I'm waiting for it

10.06.2019 в 22:06, Ragir сказал:

64 is a dumb number, it's never going to be 64 :P

Farewell Ragir. I will miss u...😭🤧

Скрытый текст

252784952_isadumbnumber.thumb.jpg.8154544ca21d10e0d8fbf982d2b274d3.jpg