Sign in to follow this  
Atway

timeout to respawn after enemy left the CP

While capturing sometimes you can leave the capture zone for a second (e.g. to kill an enemy or accidentaly) and the CP becomes available for enemies to spawn. So the enemy spawns close to you, sometimes even in front or behind - it makes spawn problem even worse. Also it makes capturing a little bit chaotic.

I suggest to add some kind of timeout for CP to be available for spawning. E.G. CP becomes available for spawning not right after enemy leaves it, but in 5 seconds. It will allow attackers to leave the CP for a short time and will prevent (at least a liitle) from stupid respawns in front of or behind enemies

@Ragir

Don't leave the CP then. This is something we've thought about and we've decided that we prefer to leave it like that due to it being an important gameplay element. You can coordinate an attack that disables all of the spawnpoints for the enemy  until you leave it and we'd loose or make it too OP by adding a timer like that.

We'll talk about it some more though.

• Like 1

6 часов назад, NeoOrNeon сказал:

Jam the CP

Jammers currently don't block spawning on CPs.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, tynblpb said:

Jammers currently don't block spawning on CPs.

Whaaaat why noooot. I'm pretty sure Ragir even made some posts stating that they did. Don't make me go look for them.

40 минут назад, NeoOrNeon сказал:

Whaaaat why noooot. I'm pretty sure Ragir even made some posts stating that they did. Don't make me go look for them.

Pfff. Go look for them all u want. Yesterday I spawned on the CP that was right in the middle of the jamming circle. And day before yesterday. And I was doing it for more than a month. Whenever I see supposedly jammed CP I try to spawn on it. And I always succeed. I reported about it long time ago.

And just to be fair. IIRC in pre 0.5 patches jamming worked.

P.S. Yesterday I even dropped Stormbreaker on some unlucky guy's head. I saw APC in the jammed circle, and decided to try. Everything went just fine. Dunno, should the jammers block rocket-strikes. In my opinion - they should

Found it.

Edited by tynblpb

8 hours ago, Ragir said:

Don't leave the CP then. This is something we've thought about and we've decided that we prefer to leave it like that due to it being an important gameplay element. You can coordinate an attack that disables all of the spawnpoints for the enemy  until you leave it and we'd loose or make it too OP by adding a timer like that.

I think even 2-3 sec timer will be enough. From my last experience on Warsaw: I was capturing B1, an enemy came from A1, I damaged him a lot and he went flanking B1, I left a CP literally for a second to kill him, turned to the CP back and an enemy respawned right in front of me. For him it was really bad experience - died right after spawn

Some later I was capturing A1, got to the point, then went to check a spawn behind boxes, which is out of CP. So i left A1 to check it, got killed from behind by enemy spawned on A1 while i was out of capture zone. This time bad experience for me... 

Well, as I said it makes the spawn mechanic much worse especially for newcomers who dont know how it works

• Like 1

I kind of agree with Atway here. Sometimes it is necessary to shortly leave a capture area to check something or what else. Also I still think that specific spawns should be blocked by enemies nearby. My prime example for this is Berlin A1. If one approaches A1 from A2 or the B sites one may end up fighting enemies in the capture area with spawns in your back in the hallways. 

Both points somewhat discourage methodical attacks on defended positions because getting and staying in the capture area at all cost is most important. 

I think the real problem is that you can memorize spawn points and in certain scenarios defend a CP by spawn killing.

Sign in to follow this