Sign in to follow this  
Manchild

Free weekend to start on a Thursday?

From Facebook 

As you might have read in our Weekly Report, we're having a Free Weekend! From 20th of June (CEST: 7PM/ PT: 10AM/ GMT: 5PM) until 23rd of June (CEST: 10PM/ PT: 1PM/ GMT: 8PM) you'll have a chance to play World War 3 for free! Players will have the full catalogue of weapons, strikes, gadgets and equipment at their disposal and will get to play on one of the newest maps- Polyarny, in it’s Warzone variant. Give the game a try and see for yourself how WW3 have evolved since the release of Early Access!

I reckon there's considerations to be made for time zones and how fast people can download the game. But wow, that soon? I find that rather unexpected, but great work nonetheless.

I hope the word is out.   Is only 2 days before event! 

So how will it work?   I assume there is a free version to download from Steam for people who want to try it out?    I also assume people who bought the game can use the regular version of the game ( will there be a game update prior to June 20)?

8 hours ago, Rivy said:

I reckon there's considerations to be made for time zones and how fast people can download the game.

For us Australians we usually have our Friday pass before the Free Weekend usually starts, and because internet speed here is terrible we can sometimes have only Sunday to actually playtest.

6 hours ago, nubbits said:

For us Australians we usually have our Friday pass before the Free Weekend usually starts, and because internet speed here is terrible we can sometimes have only Sunday to actually playtest.

Since the free weekend goes to 23rd of June (CEST: 10PM/ PT: 1PM/ GMT: 8PM), isn't that like 6 am sunday in Australia?  So Australia don't get a full weekend.   I think even parts of USA only gets early part of Sunday. 

Its pretty common for free "weekend" to start on Thursday and end on Monday. This way every timezone will get at least three days to play it.

3 hours ago, Hagen said:

Its pretty common for free "weekend" to start on Thursday and end on Monday. This way every timezone will get at least three days to play it.

23rd is Sunday, not Monday.  Some parts of world will not get full Sunday. ...

My only concern about this free weekend is the map choice poly isnt a great map, not a map to show the true beauty of your game, Smolensky would of been a far better choice

19 minutes ago, InfroD said:

My only concern about this free weekend is the map choice poly isnt a great map, not a map to show the true beauty of your game, Smolensky would of been a far better choice

Smolensk has worst optiomization. Actually Polarny on the 2nd place from the bottom. I think Warsaw is the best map for newcomers - clear, simple, optimized and so on.

• Like 1

Yeah. It was Warsaw that made me fall in love with this game in the first place.  Poly still have holes you can fall through when textures aren't fully rendered.....

I think Poly is getting a little more work before the 20th. So hopefully it'll run a little better.

1 hour ago, NeoOrNeon said:

I think Poly is getting a little more work before the 20th. So hopefully it'll run a little better.

I fell through a hole in 0.6.10 on PTE.  I hope it goes smooth for the newcomers. ....

23 minutes ago, Manchild said:

I fell through a hole in 0.6.10 on PTE.  I hope it goes smooth for the newcomers. ....

I just hope people understand what a beta is lol

I'm sure it'll be a blast regardless.   I'll be at work when it starts which is a bummer.   I assume a game update will be out tomorrow....

On 6/19/2019 at 2:54 AM, Manchild said:

And we are at 6.6 now and since I haven't seen any reports of falling through floors or walls

5 minutes ago, Matt_dOvale said:

And we are at 6.6 now and since I haven't seen any reports of falling through floors or walls

PTE 0.6.10

Posted (edited)
11 hours ago, Manchild said:

PTE 0.6.10

Is there any new content in this update? I haven't seen any posts about 6.10 being on PTE

Just checked; almost everything on PTE (contentwise) is already in 0.6.6

Edited by Matt_dOvale