Sign in to follow this  
tynblpb

What are conditions for AT mines to be triggered by vehicles?

Posted (edited)

What are conditions for AT mines to explode. Do they explode when vehicle is simply above them or it's strictly needed for AT mines to be under track/wheel of the vehicle to explode?

Because sometimes tank is rolling over 3 mines 1 by 1 that are lying on the narrow street road and... NOTHING. 1 hour ago enemy's Marder passed by with my mine lying on the ground 10centimeters to the left from it's right track. And I  was staying and looking at this obscenity.

I rly need to know, because as of now I'm placing mines close to center of the roads. But if AT mines react to tracks/wheels I'll start placing them closer to the roadsides.

@Kony?

Edited by tynblpb

AT mines detect wheels or the hull, then they explode. Are you sure that the mine did not sunk into the ground? I infer that it might be a problem with the surface or landscape in general.

11 минут назад, Kony сказал:

AT mines detect wheels or the hull, then they explode. Are you sure that the mine did not sunk into the ground? I infer that it might be a problem with the surface or landscape in general.

If mines should detect the hull then I might have bad news that this detector is broken. I think I'll ruin my KD in next few days while trying to record how vehicles do not explode on mines, because it's pretty much normal situation. And the mines were lying on the rounds without sinking. Some were even levitating above the ground on the slopes.

Posted (edited)

@Kony, well, it didn't take a long. It's happening on all surfaces. Some lucky guy in Abrams rolled 4 times over 3 my mines on the road from C2 to A2 Warsaw. I've lost the challenge when tried to kill him with mines. This is how it looks like.

MINE.gif.249b510e944bce608fc09c0fe398507b.gif

To be fair, 30 secs later Leo exploded on that mine. So, IMO, it's rly the mine's detector glitching. Check this and fix if possible, plz.

20190624222630_1.jpg

Edited by tynblpb

The other day I exploded on an Anti Tank Mine with a Quad (which was supposed to be patched out 2 months ago, so idk what's up with those anymore...

• Haha 1

49 минут назад, Matt_dOvale сказал:

The other day I exploded on an Anti Tank Mine with a Quad (which was supposed to be patched out 2 months ago, so idk what's up with those anymore...

Why shouldn't Quadrocycle trigger the mines?

Posted (edited)
4 minutes ago, tynblpb said:

Why shouldn't Quadrocycle trigger the mines?

Cuz it's too lightweight and it's not a tank

Buggies also don't trigger them

Edited by Matt_dOvale

5 минут назад, Matt_dOvale сказал:

Cuz it's too lightweight and it's not a tank

Buggies also don't trigger them

IRL AT mines trigger is set to 200+ kg. Quadrocycles are definitely heavier than that. And buggies DO trigger AT mines.

46 minutes ago, tynblpb said:

IRL AT mines trigger is set to 200+ kg. Quadrocycles are definitely heavier than that. And buggies DO trigger AT mines.

ok cool but in game quads were excluded from AT mines

Dunno, would it help to distinguish the difference in mine trigger reaction to the vehicles above it, as the not exploding mines are still there, but when moving forward vehicles often do not force mines to explode and when vehicle is moving backwards mines explode always or the chances not to explode are insignificant.