Sign in to follow this  
Artaxiad300062

Polyarny was a bad choice

I ask for the devs to extend the free-weekend and to unlock the base maps. Much better performance and smoother gameplay, most of the negative reviews on steam are due to bad performance on Polyarny. This should have been done with Warsaw or Berlin. 

• Like 3

I really hope you didn't take this advice from Bigfry, the dude that complains about running objective to objective being tedious, but spends his in time on B1 in Polynary just hip firing for kills. 

Yeah I don't think Polyarny was a great pick. But, Ragir said they wanted to keep it easy on them for this go around. Personally I would have preferred they had picked Warsaw & Polyarny, or at least just Warsaw.

• Like 1

They also said other free weekends will come.   Hope they showcase Warsaw then. 

I do miss the large Warsaw map we used to play. Maybe after some more optimizations..

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Artaxiad300062 said:

most of the negative reviews on steam are due to bad performance on Polyarny

ah cmon, tbh Polarny in 0.6.5 runs much smoother that before. And all these complains are just from potato PC users. Really, they think that, lets say, i5-3xxx, gtx 650 and 8 gb ram is enough for games in 2019-2020 and its just bad devs who cant optimize the game for their calculators. 

"aaaahhhh game is sh!t, no optimization at all! I pressed Turbo button and its still freezing! Refund!"

Image result for turbo button

Agree that optimization is far far far away from perfect, but for mid-end its ok (i7-7700, 1060 6gb, 32gb ram in my case)

Also I agree that Warsaw would be better for free weekend. But we are just players with no statistics :)

• Haha 1

1 час назад, Atway сказал:

Really, they think that, lets say, i5-3xxx, gtx 650 and 8 gb ram is enough for games in 2019-2020 and its just bad devs who cant optimize the game for their calculators.

Problem is deeper. Lots of people has been caught on marketing trap and bought crap, like GTX1050 (which is almost equal to my GTX670 on perfomace). I hope, one day NVIDIA stop producing cards, lower than XX60 numbers.

1 hour ago, Atway said:

Agree that optimization is far far far away from perfect, but for mid-end its ok (i7-7700, 1060 6gb, 32gb ram in my case)

Also I agree that Warsaw would be better for free weekend. But we are just players with no statistics

It was common sense, most of the community even agreed to have base maps in free-weekend. Performance right now is terrible on Polyarny, I have a bit above the recommended spec and I cannot run ultra on that map, without putting every other setting on low-med, even then I get 30-45 fps with highs in the 50s. But oh well, review bomb away steam kids.  

I told it. I was all over this crap when they announced that there will be only polyarny. And look at where we are now - tons of negative reviews from people with 0.2 hours in the game saying how game looks bad and runs bad and etc. That's all cause polyarny is not a good map. If only they picked (I'm not sure why but what I'm going to say RN is in my exp for some reason is a controversial opinion) Smolensk - it's so much better than polyarny in all the ways.

Smokensk or Polyarny from performance side are the same.

I will suggest if the free weekend has been smooth these 2 days to open another map.

I will recommend Warsaw like everyone else. Sunny map which has a lot of indoor gameplay unlike Polyarny.

The haters will always be there crying that the game is dead and performance is terrible. Screw them. They only need an opportunity to start and they got it with the bad start of the early access.

I found people being excited with the game from the ingame chat. Its not all black. If they game turns out to be

great then nobody will be able to take that away.

Edited by E - Cleaner
  • Like 1

20 минут назад, E - Cleaner сказал:

I will suggest if the free weekend has been smooth these 2 days to open another map

I double this.↑↑↑

Me too. Performance wise Warsaw is the best and I would also say that it grants the greatest variety of combat experience which allows for a better impression of the overall game than Polyarny. But as @Atway said: We have no stats. Maybe a dev may drop by and give some insights? I also like Polyarny so it's not that I am too displeased by the choice but given the performance is overall better on Warsaw (or Berlin or Moskau) there has to be a reason for the choice?

Edited by HeiligeRobbe

1 hour ago, BeatriceJohnes said:

I told it. I was all over this crap when they announced that there will be only polyarny. And look at where we are now - tons of negative reviews from people with 0.2 hours in the game saying how game looks bad and runs bad and etc. That's all cause polyarny is not a good map. If only they picked (I'm not sure why but what I'm going to say RN is in my exp for some reason is a controversial opinion) Smolensk - it's so much better than polyarny in all the ways.

Lol, dude If I played Smolensk to get introduced to this game, I would never touch the game again. Ridiculously bad performance. 

10 минут назад, Artaxiad300062 сказал:

10 минут назад, Artaxiad300062 сказал:

Lol, dude If I played Smolensk to get introduced to this game, I would never touch the game again. Ridiculously bad performance. 

Am I some kind of unicorn that had the least problems with Smolensk of all the maps? Or at least less than polyarny for sure, as I had pretty much no problems with any map but Polyarny. And my rig is not some kind of NASA super computer. What gives?

E: I don't know how that double quote happened and I can't remove it on mobile, sorry for that

Edited by BeatriceJohnes

I used to run this game on 12 gb ram with an older gtx970 gpu just fine until Smolensk was released.  Smolensk couldn't be run smooth on that config.  I added 12 more gb ram and replaced my video card with rtx2060 which allowed me to run Smolensk super smooth.  Smolensk is the most resource intensive map imo and would have pissed off those people with only 8 GB RAM etc....(not that Poly didn't).

12 hours ago, BeatriceJohnes said:

Am I some kind of unicorn that had the least problems with Smolensk of all the maps? Or at least less than polyarny for sure, as I had pretty much no problems with any map but Polyarny. And my rig is not some kind of NASA super computer. What gives?

E: I don't know how that double quote happened and I can't remove it on mobile, sorry for that

Yeah bro, you are a fookin Unicorn-Griffon hybrid lol. Smolensk has the worst performance in the entire game, but good to hear its good on your end. For my Polyarny is only slightly better. 

Edited by Artaxiad300062

11 hours ago, Manchild said:

I used to run this game on 12 gb ram with an older gtx970 gpu just fine until Smolensk was released.  Smolensk couldn't be run smooth on that config.  I added 12 more gb ram and replaced my video card with rtx2060 which allowed me to run Smolensk super smooth.  Smolensk is the most resource intensive map imo and would have pissed off those people with only 8 GB RAM etc....(not that Poly didn't).

Yup, it's the vegetation and the lack of optimization, it totally destroys anything lower than the recommended specks, it actually destroys my r9 290 and i7 4770k at 4.5 

3 hours ago, -Bl1tzTurk- said:

Map is good only to many crossfire points

Aesthetically it's really nice, flow of the map is also decent, performance is bad and imo south team gets an unfair flanking advantage. 

On 6/21/2019 at 10:52 PM, Manchild said:

12 gb ram

On 6/21/2019 at 10:52 PM, Manchild said:

I added 12 more gb ram

Don't mind me but those are some weird choices in RAM amounts. Usually you get them in 4, 8, 16, 32 and 64GB.

Disregarding these numbers, how the hell do you fit 24 GB RAM in your system, unless you have 3 sticks of 8gb, which is unlikely since you already have one of 8 and one of 4 (=12).
So logically you should have two sticks of 8GB and 2 of 4GB (=28 without buying 2 extra sticks of 8GB).
Ok disregard my first comment on fitting it then (4 full slots on a normal motherboard), but instead ima say why the hell do you use RAM sticks with different amounts of GB RAM, you pc does not really like that. But I digress.

Thanks for reading my little rant on RAM numbers, I just find it pretty odd. No offence.

1 hour ago, Matt_dOvale said:

Don't mind me but those are some weird choices in RAM amounts. Usually you get them in 4, 8, 16, 32 and 64GB.

Disregarding these numbers, how the hell do you fit 24 GB RAM in your system, unless you have 3 sticks of 8gb, which is unlikely since you already have one of 8 and one of 4 (=12).
So logically you should have two sticks of 8GB and 2 of 4GB (=28 without buying 2 extra sticks of 8GB).
Ok disregard my first comment on fitting it then (4 full slots on a normal motherboard), but instead ima say why the hell do you use RAM sticks with different amounts of GB RAM, you pc does not really like that. But I digress.

Thanks for reading my little rant on RAM numbers, I just find it pretty odd. No offence.

When the "legendary" first core i7 came out (920) :) , the motherboard chipset required that the dimms be installed in 3's due to DDR3 RAM.  the motherboard has 6 dimm slots (6 x 4GB= 24GB).   I know, it was a weird  motherboard chipset thing a decade ago.  And that processor can still run this game 60FPS vsynch on ultra 2560x1600.

The i7 920 is overclocked to 3.8 ghz and can still hold it's own. 

Edited by Manchild
  • Haha 1