Sign in to follow this  
tynblpb

Devs made a horrible move / huge mistake...

Posted (edited)

I was reading the "reviews" from bunch of noobs with 0.5-1 hour in game and they were saying that they already played 1 match. And I  was; WTF, u need that hour or even more only to customize ur loadouts and adjust ur settings! U what, went straight to server and started playing?!

And 10 mins ago I've read the review from 1 russian guy, where he  was complaining that devs almost "send him to fight without asking him". And I was again: WTF, after choosing the side u definitely have been asked "do u want to join the game" or  "nah, I know my way around".

And in that moment I realized: these noobs definitely pressed "join" button and connected to servers with unoptimized settings, that are frequently all-ultra and then they were playing on relatively heavy new map when most of them do not have configs that can run all-ultra. And then they encounter freezes, lags, stuttering, sometimes crashes and then they leave the game and write their "reviews" where they say that games sucks, devs too... are bad guys and that they recommend not to waste ur time on this pile of sheet.

I was checking tutorials on Steam hub. +100 unique visitors in last 2 days. Doesn't matter what tutorial, my with 400 total or the oldest with 8300 total views. With how much, 10 000 new players minimum who have tried to launch the game? It means almost nobody cares about customization and learning mechanics. Those idiots(yes, right that word) simply launch the game, instantly press the Join button and then they suffer. Noobs must suffer, yes. But after that they start s....tposting thinking that it's the game fault and not because they are ignorant noobs.

Devs, as I've said earlier: Ppl need to be forced to do right things. Don't give them chances to miss customization menu, REMOVE fast Join button  after choosing the Faction. And set plz default Video Settings to all-medium so the noobs with mediocre rigs wouldn't suffer. 

Ah! About huge mistake: devs thought that those who are gonna play WW3 on Free Weekend  have brains.

I think I'll double this theme on Steam hub.

@Ragir, @Borreh, can the changes be done without new patch?

Edited by tynblpb
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Default settings are set to best performance. Also remember, free weekend reviews don't count towards the average score, so don't panic ;)

• Like 2

34 минуты назад, Ragir сказал:

Default settings are set to best performance. Also remember, free weekend reviews don't count towards the average score, so don't panic ;)

It's not about panicking, it's about spanish shame when reading negative "reviews" mostly from russian players...

23 hours ago, Ragir said:

You guys should of given them Warsaw, not Polyarny. 

This is just the first free weekend, we're just testing stuff out. There's billions of players woldwide and not even 0.01% of them even heard about WW3. Reviews will be sunk down bu good ones, like we see now.

We're just a small studio that's learning, it's going well and now it's too late to change anything either way - we'll do better for the next free weekend for sure :)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I get that you are kind of ranting about the "mistake" the devs made, but I can see that it's only because you love the game so much and that really touches me

• Like 1

6 часов назад, Matt_dOvale сказал:

I get that you are kind of ranting about the "mistake" the devs made, but I can see that it's only because you love the game so much and that really touches me

Well, it wasn't rly ranting. 

21.06.2019 в 20:01, tynblpb сказал:

Ah! About huge mistake: devs thought that those who are gonna play WW3 on Free Weekend  have brains.

This line was added to show that the title was used more as clickbait, then serious complaint. But yes, I do love WW3.

• Like 1

I just posted a real review of this game as it deserve a real one, and a good one.