DirtyDimitri

Different server based characters

Hi,

I just wanna voice my opinion on the issue of having a different character for each server. I mean people have not been restricted on where or who they play with for years now on other games. I'm conflicted because i play on NA quite often since none of my EU friends played the game. Due to the sale, i have quite a few people who want to play with each other from EU and NA. We all just find it frustrating that one side of the coin EU or NA need to replay and use basic gear to level on the other server in order to just play with friends. Would it not be better for the player base for us to have one character to play on any server?

For example, i play on NA and have used up about 150k credits purchasing gear. If i want to play with my EU friends i dont get any of this, its a vanilla character till i put time in on it. Our friend group is split. I just don't understand why people from other locations can't play with each other without having the start a character again.

Sorry if this made no sense its 2am, i'm salty and tired

i know you can choose which server to go on. what i am trying to say is why doesnt your data go across all servers. My data on the NA servers is invalid on the EU servers. meaning if i want to play with friends on the EU server id need to start again

That's the plan, it's planned to merge all to master servers in one big master server, so you can choose the region in-game and have only one character/player base config for all other regions.

@Ragir Stuff, maybe he will explain in a more detailed way.

I am @DirtyDimitri mate and we both live in the UK but for some reason his data is on the NA server and that means one of us making a new account but we both have a good 40hrs into our accounts and shouldn't have to split to play together i have never played an FPS with a structure like this it's just weird. And this splits the PB in half making the game feel empty. 

6 hours ago, MightyKay said:

i have never played an FPS with a structure like this it's just weird. And this splits the PB in half making the game feel empty. 

Remember, it's still early access, don't get your willy in a knot over things that are easily fixed closer to release. 

Also don't worry about the playerbase, the game hasn't even had any official big ads yet