I was speculating why the games player numbers were so low and ideas on how to change that. I personally noticed that when playing on a server the map never rotates, I got the game yesterday and put in 12 hours so far and I found out about 3 new maps in the last 3 hours of play, I still dont know if i've played all of them yet. What I personally feel like the game needs is voting after match has ended for the next game mode/map.

Benefits of changing the map after the server has ended
*More players in 1 single server
*more variety in each server
*more reason  for a player to stay in the match and wait for his map instead of leaving to seed an empty server with his favorite map, introduce more players to different maps and play styles.

Benefits of allow voting for the next game mode:
*Say there is a 30 player server playing that war game mode, if they vote for the sever to change to team death match the server could do this, break up the players into 3 groups of 5v5 on 3 separate TDM servers, if the server did that it would ditch 1 server in favor of automatically populating 3 whole new servers for a specific game mode and players who use the "Quick join" function at the start of the menu could easily join one of these newly created servers (Right now with quick join I heard it puts players in an empty server which is a huge issue).

*Lets also say a TDM server chooses to switch to the war gamemode, if im correct the player count in a TDM session is a 10v10, they could vote to turn that server to war and have a good sized lobby for a fun war game, this also allows for more space for quick join players to enter the game, and that would solve the problem of joining an empty server with quick play.

I personally wouldnt like a map vote feature to be implemented like it was with insurgency2 where you had to navigate the menu to call the vote and you would only see text with the map name. Keeping map and game mode voting after the match has ended would let new players see which map they will be playing on (I associate maps with their look more so than their name).
If you guys like the idea or wish to add onto my idea please leave a reply! Hope this game can improve its player base soon! REALLY LOVING IT SO FAR!

• Like 1

Hey,

This is pretty good what you wrote, what I know - devs are working on map rotation. I'm not sure how final project will look if it's voting system or random map, but it's coming ;)

• Like 2

Forget map voting. Map voting means that only two or three maps are choosen. The other ones never. I saw it in several games. Good people left very fast, only kiddies played it. And the complaints were all the time the same.

4 minutes ago, Terux said:

Forget map voting. Map voting means that only two or three maps are choosen. The other ones never. I saw it in several games. Good people left very fast, only kiddies played it. And the complaints were all the time the same.

What about map rotation? Im sorry I had trouble understanding your comment, also did you read my idea with the branching of a war server into TDM? That was really the highlight of my idea, allow for more servers to be populated at once

Sorry, missed to quote Rozmo and his voting system. It's the biggest bullshit in game development. 

Just randomize the rotation or combine it with the war map global status. If first, then every map need to be loaded before a new cycle starts and the map sequence is a complete different one.

Map voting: no way. I saw a lot of good games fallen because people left due to map voting. Don't want to play all the time 2 or 3 maps. Want them all. Not possible with map voting. Never worked