Sign in to follow this  
BeatriceJohnes

VERP-12 and claymores - ruiners of TDM.

TLDR: VERP-12 is absolutely broken thanks to insane TTK and poor netcode and claymore extremely hard to notice, take out or avoid and killing too fast and easy.

I have almost no problems with MCS - yeah, it's kinda a one-shot wonder at almost any distance (it can literally snipe, I swear) but it has its' drawbacks of being pump-action and having a pretty tight spread so in a panic "1v1" spray&pray against a rifle it will lose most of the times and it's mostly shining in "I noticed you first and took a shot" faster situation while not being too much OP, although it could prob see some tweaking.

But VERP-12? Oh, god, that thing... In the time MCS can shot once and pump VERP can shoot at least twice? thrice? And it's the same "one-shot at any distance if hit in the CoM" type of bull. And thanks to that it excels at both "took the shot first" and "spray&pray" types of encounters at the same time. And it is so so much better at the first type than MCS. Most of the times you don't even have time to take a shot when VERPer drifts around a corner and current netcode plays a big part in it. That thing is scary, broken, AND NOT FUN TO PLAY AGAINST WHICH IF THE MOST IMPORTANT THING IN ANY GAME BECAUSE GAMES MEANT TO BE FUN. Would be great if devs did to verp the same thing they did to TOR.

And then claymores - read the previous capsed sentence. They are fine in conquest - 95% of them times you encounter them in place where you expect them (if ever) - points, which you are usually approaching cautiously so you have chance to notice and take out mines. Or you just enter point from the non-trapped side and avoid them entirely. 

But in TDM? 

I'm sorry, but carefully crawling around and slowly checking every corner is not what I came to TDM for. And even if did that - would it really help? As far as I'm aware you can set up mines facing almost into the wall and they will explode anyway. And even if they are not facing the wall, the only thing that can alert you about them before you actually face them - red lasers - are just too short - you have to pretty much fully walk around a corner and expose yourself to the mine before you can see those laser. AND EVEN IF I SAW THE LASER what next? it's around a corner, right on the edge. What am I supposed to do? Shoot it and damage myself? Really? Is this even fair? Throw a nade? Then why flashabangs are in the game? Turn around? Yeah, that's just great - I have to reroute because someone pressed a button on a corner.

Hm, maybe I can sprint around? It's a claymore after all. Uhuh, yeah, even with light loadout sprinting past it you'll die in 100% cases. I'm not sure if devs are aware but claymore is a D I R E C T I O N A L mine. Yeah, I know that dangerous area behind the mine is at least 10 to 15 meters (and that's not even guaranteed lethal range from what I've gathered) but then it's a video game and its' front killing radius is clearly not 50 meters.

And I don't get it - previously devs clearly stated that they are against camping, so they designed maps and stuff to prevent it. And then we have claymores. Why? Maybe we also need "martyr" and noob-tube in TDM to complete the experience?

So, yeah, it's not fun. It either needs balancing or devs can just remove it from TDM, that would be just awesome.

Edited by BeatriceJohnes

BTW, speaking about TDM - anyone has any idea what's wrong with TDM maps? Warsaw and moscow are just circles. Literally. What's up with that?

Do you have any suggestions to balance the claymores?
I think if they detonated any slower they would become useless.

I do believe the TDM maps need better spawn balancing. I've trapped squads by myself and got an easy 3-8 points for my team - depending on how long I can stay alive.
Other than that - I think looking at them and only seeing a circle is a little short sighted.
There's a lot more going on in those maps than just the circle and I've noticed the players do really good - aren't the ones running the loop.

You should have seen the VEPR shotgun when it worked like a DMR. You may be right that it needs balancing and most people don't say anything because they're happy it's not as broken as it used to be. 

14 minutes ago, @PRUNKgaming said:

Maybe do the same as the quadcopter? If you shoot it it won't explode but just get destroyed. So if it's close to a corner and you can slowly go around it until you see it at least it wont hurt/kill you.

you could make the red lasers stick out more. 1 meter or something (Don't know what would be a good length). Maybe make them less red if they stick out more so if you are aware you can see them "easier" with the longer laser but also you really need to look for it.

You can actually sprint past them if you are fast enough due to the charge up they have.

• Like 1

45 минут назад, @PRUNKgaming сказал:

Well, bigger brighter laser would be a good start. Then they could restrict whem from being placed facing walls. Then if not make them completely directional at least make damage "behind" it non-lethal, turning them from death-traps against everyone to death-traps against foes slowly entering the trapped area (i.e. how people usually approaching objectives on big maps) and an alarm/"soften-up"-trap against rushers.

And yeah, making it not explode when destroyed is a great idea.

Aaaand as I said they could (if they can) just remove them from TDM.

45 минут назад, @PRUNKgaming сказал:

You should have seen the VEPR shotgun when it worked like a DMR. You may be right that it needs balancing and most people don't say anything because they're happy it's not as broken as it used to be. 

Yeah, no, I don't want to see that for sure. And the fact that it was worse before doesn't make the fact that it's still bad rn any better. That thing still needs work.

Edited by BeatriceJohnes