Here are some of my ideas

*Allow weight to factor in reload speed- It would be cool if lower weight could increase reload speed, I think higher weight lowers recoil, lowering would give you another little speed boost in the form of reload speed.

*enable chat to be on top of all other menus- when transitioning from game play, to squad of the game to talk in chat, right now it goes black until the squad pop up and there is alot of time in between i'd like to be chatting, another place where this is an issue is immediately after you die, im most games I say "F*CK" as fast as I can, cant do that in WW3.

*allow esc to exit the chat- Im not sure if there is any other way to leave the chat box besides sending your message or deleting your message and pressing enter, it would be nice if esc would delete the entire thing and bring you back into the game

*tie slide speed and distance to incline of plan and exit slide when certain speed is met-  Allowing this to happen would increase slide time if you're running fast enough and are light enough, or if you're sliding down steps you could slide for much longer, I would love to have a longer slide time to shoot people while sliding, its badass and fun!

*allow reticles to be interchanged and unlocked for all weapons and sights- this would add to more options and possible unlocks (I explain the challenges and ways to unlock under this post)

*lock the skins behind challenges or/and the in game currency- This one I can understand why it couldnt make it into the game, but being able to work on getting headshots or sliding kills to unlock skins would be so much fun, it would give the players something to work towards. Or you could lock the skins behind kills with a specific weapon which would be fine to.

(Story time) My favorite COD to date is COD Ghosts. I felt like the UI had a unique feel and the customization for your character was completely over the top, allowing people to really make a unique character, I loved how you needed to complete challenges to unlock armor sets or helmets. I remember there was this one that looked similar to my paintball mask I had back then. I think the challenge was 50 knife kills or something. Being able to wear that in game and show it off was so much fun for me, I hope WW3 can do a similar thing. I feel like in WW3 there is alot to buy in game but I dont like having the freedom to pick and choose what ever I want, I personally want to work towards character cosmetics in obscure ways, like getting headshots or calling in an x amount of kill streaks. 

*allow reloading down sight (I noticed you guys changed the ability to switch weapons while ads, it feels so nice now)- I do think this game needs the ability to reload while ADS, it could bring you back to hip fire and reload from there.

*change grenades to G to take out, then throw with the right or left mouse button allow sprinting with grenades- I felt like holding G to cook the grenade, aim to where I want to throw it and try and move left and right while holding G was just too much to do, trying to move while holding G is too much for me. Allowing sprinting while holding a grenade would be fun, like when you cook a smoke you can cast a trail of smoke behind you! :D

*auto cock on snipers- I find it abit weird to press the shoot button twice to fire a bullet after I shot. Its just alittle gripe of mine, I just thinks its funky

*emotes dont render weapons when the animations account for them- When I was using the tactical emotes (I forget their name) it moved the weapon to one hand and used the other hand to give the middle finger, or any other of those emotes.

*radial menu- I thought the way the radial menu locked the mouse to the center of the screen and had a fixed sensitivity while navigating felt un natural and I was constantly miss clicking. Adding a hold or a toggle option for the radial menu would be nice too. But if the menu would work like this (video below)

4 hours ago, Ajlimo1980 said:

*Allow weight to factor in reload speed

maybe idk, smaller magazines already have higher reload speeds than 50- or 60 bullet drums. Even 30 bullet magazines with pullers have a slightly higher reload speed. than the ones without. 

*enable chat to be on top of all other menus

yes I hate having to wait to skip the death menu to call out a tank or something, those precious 4 seconds could save a live from being taken by a tank or infantry

*allow esc to exit the chat

Sometimes I think I cannot move and that it's a bug, but actually I have been typing "wwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwdasdawsdawsdwawaaaaaaaddddddsssswwwwww" in the chat all this time. It is really annoying.

*tie slide speed and distance to incline of plan and exit slide when certain speed is met

Yup and sliding up stairs should be shorter of course ?

*allow reticles to be interchanged and unlocked for all weapons and sights

Ok so now we are getting into the real stuff; 
In my opinion this is kind of too much Call of Duty-ish, It's not something that would really fit in this game. At least if the reticles are cartoony (like in CoD:BO2 and later), I would definitely like some real life reticles for different scopes. For instance Acog sights have some different reticles for them IRL:

Gerelateerde afbeeldingGerelateerde afbeeldingAfbeeldingsresultaat voor acog sight reticle

Or for the Dual Role scope (example below is a SUSAT, but they look so similar it doesn't really matter) 

Afbeeldingsresultaat voor susat

*lock the skins behind challenges or/and the in game currency

Maybe the special skins; leave the camo skins free to make your soldier more realistic and help blend in.

*allow reloading down sight

They did that intentionally, idk why

*change grenades to G to take out, then throw with the right or left mouse button allow sprinting with grenades

Would definitely be nice, also makes it easier to peek (lean) around walls and then throw. There are just too many keys to press and non-gaming keyboards don't even support more than two at a time. Throwing upper hand and lower hand would make a significant improvement, too. Maybe change a new hotkey to 4 as well and add it in weapon rotation with the scroll-wheel.

*auto cock on snipers

You see, this game leans more to the tactical side of FPS, Sniping and such in these types of games is different that in let's say CoD. It's more tactical, there is almost no quickscoping in WW3. The snipers are designed to camp about 100 meters from the enemies. Making cocking snipers automatically feels weird in this type on environment; you want to see if you hit your target and if not, why you missed. But don't worry, you get used to doing it manually pretty fast.

*radial menu

All I can say it's a work in progress and still feels very clunky.

Nice post with pretty clear arguments and ideas, keep it up

• Like 1

Thank you! There were 2 other things I forgot to include.

A melee change, I tried to melee someone the other day and I couldn't hit him, he even stopped shooting and just let me try and hit him for a good 20 seconds and I couldn't hit him. I dont know for sure but I think its collision based. I was working with a friend of mine one day and he had the idea of a ray casting melee system, that combined with alittle bit of lunge and a slight speed boost with it would be a nice overhaul for melee.

With the auto cock, I threw that idea out there after I finished up with a sniping game on Berlin tdm. Looking back I actually do use that feature alot to see if i've killed my target, disregard that idea :D

That is a good idea you had for skins, keep the normal camouflage and have the specials hide behind challenges/in game currency. 

And yup I was thinking just interchangeable scope reticles, I forget the name of the sight I use but instead of having a cross on it i'd much rather prefer a red dot. And thank you! I try my best to put reasoning for my ideas along side the ideas themselves. Its always better to have a good discussion on them then to not have a discussion in the first place.

Edited by Ajlimo1980

A melee change

They did talk about this and said they don't really want people to melee and instead shoot your opponent. Melees should (SHOULD) do 20 damage when hitting in front /sides and 100 damage when hitting in the back. I expect some updates to this when the Animation Update hits. 

I forget the name of the sight I use but instead of having a cross on it i'd much rather prefer a red dot.

Yeah I have had some arguments with some people and apparently those are some real life crosshairs on those scopes. I think a nice red dot or arrow would fit on some scopes way better.

Thanks you for putting those ideas out in the open; I hope the devs / moderators see this thread and talk a little more about these points / concerns.