mardell

very op. weapon pairings.

I think we could regularize the pairing of weapons  using the weight system

op pairing:

battle rifles and RPG-7

assault rifles and RPG-7

precision sniper rifles and SMK

precision sniper rifles and assault rifles

for example, I would allow the precision sniper rifles pairing only pistols and shotguns.
Secondary weapon.

• Like 1

I understand the concerns regarding the balance but I am strictly against restrictions on the weapon choices as the free choice of my loadout is one of the key aspects of WW3. Besides, I don't think that either of the pairings you stated is op. Maybe you can explain how you get to this conclusion?

• Like 5

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, HeiligeRobbe said:

I understand the concerns regarding the balance but I am strictly against restrictions on the weapon choices as the free choice of my loadout is one of the key aspects of WW3. Besides, I don't think that either of the pairings you stated is op. Maybe you can explain how you get to this conclusion?

Because precision sniper rifles are therefore sniper qualified, which is, authentic

Snipers most often work in a team of 2 people. One of the members of the pair is the shooter, the other is the observer whose main task is to calculate the trajectory and determine the targets in the deployment zone. In addition to this, his task is to insurance the retreat, with his assault rifle, if needed, as the shooter most often has only one pistol attached to the rifle.

source wikipedia.

Because OP, has two tasks in the game alone, Sniper shooter and observer.

Edited by mardell
  • Angry 1

I too would like to know how you've come to feel that those combinations are OP.
I'm not sure how long you've been around - but this exact balancing pass has already been made and the truly OP builds are no longer available. I'm not saying this discussion should be closed because of that - but it is a factor to consider. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, mardell said:

Snipers most often work in a team of 2 people. One of the members of the pair is the shooter, the other is the observer whose main task is to calculate the trajectory and determine the targets in the deployment zone. In addition to this, his task is to insurance the retreat, with his assault rifle, if needed, as the shooter most often has only one pistol attached to the rifle.

source wikipedia.

I am sorry, but I find this argument is not convincing at all. How a scout sniper team works in real life does not say much about these loadouts being overpowered or not in the game. If you say these weapon pairings are op there must be situations in which you think they give an unfair advantage compared to other loadouts.

A purely hypothetical argumentation would be for example that the combination of sniper rifle + assault rifle gives you an extreme advantage on long range because sniper rifles absolutely dominate on long range and if you want to get closer to the sniper the player switches to his assault rifle which dominates on everything below long range.

In my opinion SR + AR is clearly not op. With a properly equipped battle rifle I stand a chance against a SR on long range and against ARs on shorter range. Also if you get close enough so that your enemy has to rely on his AR your weapons might be even as you are likely to run an AR as well but now you probably have more armor and are still as fast as him.

So if you think the above weapon pairings are "very op" I would like to hear your arguments. That a designated marksman is unlikely to carry an RPG in real life is not a valid argument in my opinion.

• Thanks 1
  • Angry 1

Posted (edited)

10 minutes ago, HeiligeRobbe said:

ith a properly equipped battle rifle I stand a chance against a SR on long range

SR will one hit kill you before you know where he even is, after one death you will most likely die once mroe to see where he is and he will surpise you with his ar while you search, after that it is fair fight but you already lost 2 lives... how is that fair?

Edited by waltran

4 hours ago, mardell said:

Because precision sniper rifles are therefore sniper qualified, which is, authentic

source wikipedia.

Because OP, has two tasks in the game alone, Sniper shooter and observer.

I think it's a little funny you sourced wikipedia.
First things first. WW3 is not a milsim...but if the game was set with the kinds of restrictions you're suggesting - it would be a total flip on style and would take away from what a lot of people enjoy in this game. The flexibility and customization that's available. Perhaps you under estimate how much a selling force that is for players.
Not to mention it would suck ass if you had to have two players dedicated for one sniper role. I'd rather just have the option to play that way than to be forced to do it. 

7 часов назад, waltran сказал:

SR will one hit kill you before you know where he even is, after one death you will most likely die once mroe to see where he is and he will surpise you with his ar while you search, after that it is fair fight but you already lost 2 lives... how is that fair?

What isn't fair here? If u have personal grudge against sniper who has killed u once - take mini drone, search for him, kill him. It isn't that hard.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, waltran said:

1 death is enough to determine his position. If he misses, shot sound is enough to determine his position. 

Posted (edited)
7 hours ago, @PRUNKgaming said:

WW3 is not a milsim.... 

yeah WW3 is not milsim.

WW3 is far from, milsim and realism.

But the authors said the WW3 was going to be authentic...

It is not credible that the sniper plays two, caste.
shooter and attacker infantry.

Edited by mardell

But this freedom to choose your loadout and role on the battlefield is one of the core aspects and selling propositions of this game. Changing that will drastically change the character of the game and in my opinion not for the better. Not only because it reduces this somewhat unique factor but also because the gameplay works very well with it.

To be honest this feels like a very subjective and personal complaint of yours - maybe because you have troubles with snipers? You still have not explained why the weapon pairings are supposed to be op?

Speaking about authenticity this is again a weak argument. I can run around dressed like a Bundeswehr soldier, carrying an AK-15, and be able to call in my personalized M1 Abrams... Is that truly more authentic than someone carrying an AR and an SR? 

plays precision sniper rifles, plays the most skilled caste of the army.

if you discover it, it will change its position and will remain undetected. this is the essence of the sniper, and not how it has turned into, an attacker's weapon and grinder.

The sniper has great firepower in the WW3 game.

The sniper should be a sniper

weapon pairing assault rifles + precision sniper rifles which is WW3 sniper, it is actually from a firepower point of view  "designated marksman" 

but the designated marksman cannot use precision sniper rifles.

10 minutes ago, HeiligeRobbe said:

To be honest this feels like a very subjective and personal complaint of yours - maybe because you have troubles with snipers? You still have not explained why the weapon pairings are supposed to be op?

not personal. 

I also play sniper in the game and love it.

but I still feel that the great fire power, of the sniper in the WW3 game is because of the weapon pairing, disproportionate.

And the number of snipers in the game is becoming too dominant, especially on a map useful for snipers.

soon the game will be played by snipers shooting at each other.

it will be a nice time then  :)

It must be something with ur playstyle if snipers are that much a treat in ur opinion. 

And no matter how many snipers there is on the map  and how good they are, any IFV has gun with much thicker barrel.

• Like 1

Heavy sniper builds, whilst not "realistic" do have some downsides to ensure they are not OP.  When spotted and need to reloacte they have slower movement. This makes them easy for me to track and shoot. If they take a drop, it takes them much longer to get to their feet.  

These kinds of builds are fun, and extremely strong indoors, but caught in the open they are in trouble.

My heavy Battlerifle build is similar. I can tap-fire enemies at a distance, defend myself close-quarters and clear rooms with my shotgun. However I am always struggling to keep up with my squad leader, I am regularly unable to shake a pursuing squad or tanker who's seen me, and I am easy pickings for a sniper who catches me in the open.   

If they were to take that away I'd be sad.

13 hours ago, waltran said:

1. Sure, it can be annoying to be killed by a sniper with the first shot. But that may happen in almost any modern warfare FPS. Granted it is a bit easier because snipers are really powerful in WW3 but that does not mean that they are op and that is not question which is discussed here. The claim is that SR + AR or SR + BR (or some other combinations) are op.

To know from where a sniper killed you is a matter of a experience and map knowledge. Of course after being one shotted I can't say precisely where the sniper is but from the gun shot and map knowledge I will have an approximate idea. Thus, it is not necessary to die a second time before you engage the sniper. If you die around a CP and spawn on the exact same CP again you obviously are exposed to the risk of being killed again. If he surprises you while you are searching for him and kills you it just means that he is better than you are. If he truly surprises you, he could have kille you just as well with the sniper rifle.

With a SR and a relatively light AR - say the G29 and the G36 you are restricted to the lightest chest and already at the top of the medium bracket - without any attachements. This is a significant disadvantage in CQB. You can run an AR and a ceramic vest and still have the same speed. SR + AR is a powerful loadout with significant drawbacks.

2 hours ago, mardell said:

The sniper should be a sniper

weapon pairing assault rifles + precision sniper rifles which is WW3 sniper, it is actually from a firepower point of view  "designated marksman" 

but the designated marksman cannot use precision sniper rifles.

The sniper should be a sniper - What do you actually mean here? You cannot replicate a typical scout sniper mission in WW3. High priority targets would maybe be RPG gunners or vehicle components or enemy snipers. If I focus on those I am just doing a good job. Using an AR alongside just sacrifices protection in favor of additional firepower which I probably never use if I rely on my SR.

Why is SR + AR the firepower of a desginated marksman and why can't a designated marksman use SRs? And what has this to do with WW3? Comparisons to real life battlefield tasks are not really usefully I would say. Again I can call in my personalized tank. How is that authentic in terms of real life warfare?

2 hours ago, mardell said:

And the number of snipers in the game is becoming too dominant, especially on a map useful for snipers.

soon the game will be played by snipers shooting at each other.

it will be a nice time then  :)

I do not know how long you are already around and playing the game but from my experience I would not say that there has been a noticeable increase in snipers lately. Can you tell me where snipers are dominating? Take Berlin for example. A sniper can control large parts of Pariser Platz but a SR puts you in a great disadvantage on any CP.

Friends of mine just started to play the game (potentially because it bought it for them :D ) and they are often annoyed by snipers. But as soon as they get to know the maps better they are not that surprised by snipers anymore.

Posted (edited)

8 hours ago, Atway said:

1 death is enough to determine his position. If he misses, shot sound is enough to determine his position. 

one shot is enough if you are also a solo sniper middle of nowhere, if you are fighter in a firefight, trying to hide from ifv fire while defending a capture point in a 3v3 firefight, running and covering, bullets flying everywhere, people shouting, and boom you die from some godly power from above (sniper bullet) you have no chance to determine his place in that festive of gun sounds! ofc 200 kilos cheeto hand camper sniper weebos would say it's fair! you should gave your address on the bullets so we can order hookers for you to you suck you while you are sniping huh? that more fair to you probably! aggre?

honestly every single comment defending op pairings in this thread is trying to defend snipers! no one is even talking about rpgs or two rifle scenarios. just this shows all the people defending op sniper pairing here are basically no good no teamplay cocky camper snipers that don't give a thought about anybody or anything else.

you outdone yourself guys, applause.

this game is in serious need of army order just like in red orceshtra series, otherwise it is a fuckfest. hell everyone should just take op pairing and sit around the map, how is that sounds?

Edited by waltran
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Dude seriously calm down. Have you considered that the people defending SR + AR builds do so because they have no troubles with enemy snipers not because they want to defend their own playstyle?

The reason why nobody discusses the other pairings is simple: The OP has not given any argument for why these pairings are supposed to be OP. After my reaction to the topic the OP himself focused on snipers with the invalid argument of how real life scout sniper teams work.

If you are in a 3v3 firefight and the enemy team gets sniper support who takes you out while you are focused on his team mates what is wrong with that? And you still can determine his location. SRs are really loud. If he is close you will notice that from his first shot on. If he is far and you can't hear from where the shot came there is still just a limited amount of directions where the sniper can be.

After a couple of hours on every map you get used to the typical sniper spots and how to avoid being exposed to them. Of course every once in a while this does not help and you get killed by a sniper but that doesn't make them OP.

Honestly every single of your comments lacks any argument why a sniper is supposed to be op. You just say that you get killed multiple times by snipers and you cannot counter them - I mean no offense but that is not enough to state that they are op.

1 hour ago, waltran said:

honestly every single comment defending op pairings in this thread is trying to defend snipers!

I hate snipers ;)

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

We've asked OP to explain why such pairings are OP.

We've gotten a response based almost solely on personal distaste. No logic geared towards gameplay balance or legit suggestions to fix the (non existent) issue.

We've gotten one guy freak out and start slinging insults and talking about hookers...

I think it's safe to say these pairings are not OP. Not sure there is anything more to diacuss here, lol.

Gentlemen, we've been trolled.

Edited by @PRUNKgaming
  • Like 1

Posted (edited)

0e2931542efa2d0e44e2d6bfb5eba834.jpg

OMG, a soldier with both assault rifle and RPG-26! Really OP and unrealistic (ofc, it's not).
Also, you can find photos of soldier with FN FAL and RPG. Or soldier with PKM and RPG

Edited by †FeuerEuphorie†
  • Thanks 1

Posted (edited)

If @mardell & @waltran think that an AR & SR pair build is OP, they've never seen the darkest side of WW3. Seen some people running around with a MG5 & TOR build back in ver 0.1 days. Or even worse, Vepr 12 & RPG (back when those 2 weapons were really OP). Not to mention there were no weight restriction in place, so wearing the heaviest armor doesn't make too much of a difference than the lighter ones in terms of movement speed.

I get that being killed by a unseen camping sniper is frustrating, but it's also part of the learning curve (map wise). On the plus side, those campers are probably not helping the team a lot (if any) other than provide cover or spotting the enemy. If you think that there's a sniper covering, let's say an open road in Berlin, just run and slide or throw a smoke down the lane to provide cover (basic concealment tactic).

Edited by ranmoru456
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, †FeuerEuphorie† said:

0e2931542efa2d0e44e2d6bfb5eba834.jpg

OMG, a soldier with both assault rifle and RPG-26! Really OP and unrealistic (ofc, it's not).
Also, you can find photos of soldier with FN FAL and RPG. Or soldier with PKM and RPG

good but the RPG-26 is a disposable anti-tank rocket launcher.
While in the game RPG-7 you can shoot two, and reloaded.

Gameplay would be more balanced, if you change RPG-7 to RPG-26.

a shot and you can go, buy a new one ...

1 hour ago, ranmoru456 said:

I get that being killed by a unseen camping sniper is frustrating, but it's also part of the learning curve (map wise). On the plus side, those campers are probably not helping the team a lot (if any) other than provide cover or spotting the enemy. If you think that there's a sniper covering, let's say an open road in Berlin, just run and slide or throw a smoke down the lane to provide cover (basic concealment tactic).

I've been playing since version 0.6, not long ago, I can only comment on the present.

I think precision sniper rifles are too easy to handle.

it can be accurate shoot, standing, squatting as if lying down, and there is also an assault rifles with you...

I hope the bipod system fixes this, it will only be able to be fired accurately if you put the gun down bipod.