Sign in to follow this  
mardell

very op. weapon pairings.

4 часа назад, mardell сказал:

good but the RPG-26 is a disposable anti-tank rocket launcher.
While in the game RPG-7 you can shoot two, and reloaded.

granatomyotchik.jpg

OK, an R{G-7 guy with AK-74. Also, he wears ceramic body armor and light helmet.

Playing against snipers is hard. The only thing I have a harder time against is pistols.

Wait did I say hard? I meant easy. Honestly snipers are the least of my concern in any match. If you stagger your movement and zigzag when crossing open areas they usually won't hit you, and once they have been found it's a pretty easy flank and kill most of the time. This is an L2P issue, nothing more. 

• Like 3

On 6/27/2019 at 12:20 PM, Zvolteh said:

If you stagger your movement and zigzag when crossing open areas they usually won't hit you, and once they have been found it's a pretty easy flank and kill most of the time. This is an L2P issue, nothing more. 

Use a light loadout to outrun them easier; heavy loadouts are so easy to hit IMO

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Matt_dOvale said:

Use a light loadout to outrun them easier; heavy loadouts are so easy to hit IMO

Exactly this. Many people vastly underappreciate the value of mobility. I'd rather be able to make myself harder to hit than make myself able to be hit a couple more times. One of those strategies is what's called a static mechanic - armor is a static defence increase. The other is a dynamic mechanic - higher mobility leads to:

a) being harder to hit as a target and require a quicker trigger to react to

b) being able to traverse the map more quickly and reduce downtime spent out of combat or off the targeted point and

c) better ability to make mind-games/psychological plays such as faking entry points or going for fast complex and unpredictable flanks in the more CQB oriented areas, particularly in the TDM maps and their warzone equivalents (perhaps Berlin, less so though.)

You could maayyyyybbbeeeee argue that heavy armor could be dynamic by being able to survive a grenade blast at a slightly closer radius for some specific crazy grenade rush near-suicide bunker clearer play but that'd be some next level shit that this world isn't ready for. 

Customization is what makes ww3 so cool, battle rifles and RPGs are heavy it's your choice if you want to be weighed down like that.

8 hours ago, Zvolteh said:

being harder to hit as a target and require a quicker trigger to react to

Not to mention bullet travel time at higher distances, by means of leading your shots

There's always the possibility of adjusting weight for select weapons/weapon classes based on feedback. We'll take a look at this thread in depth and see what occurs, keep in mind the current weights are still an early iteration. There's going to be an attachment balance pass soon-ish so we can slip in a couple of weight tweaks as well.

The current idea is that attachments will be more differentiated in their weight impact, and some of them will be more crucial than others. We could, in theory, make barrel length the defining factor in a weapon, with short barrels heavily impacting medium-long range performance but being light enough to be viable as a lightweight/secondary option for a different gun. So you could take an AR as a secondary for a SR but it would have to be a heavily cut-down version.

This is a tight situation we're in because we want to give the freedom of customization but such freedom is only as interesting as the dilemmas it faces you with. We'll try to work something out.

Edited by Borreh
  • Like 5

On 6/25/2019 at 8:32 PM, mardell said:

I think we could regularize the pairing of weapons  using the weight system

op pairing:

battle rifles and RPG-7

assault rifles and RPG-7

precision sniper rifles and SMK

precision sniper rifles and assault rifles

for example,  Redtube Beeg Spankbang I would allow the precision sniper rifles pairing only pistols and shotguns.
Secondary weapon.

Wait did I say hard? I meant easy. Honestly snipers are the least of my concern in any match.

Edited by zafirkalvin

As a sniper player I do enjoy playing this  game. Its like CS with awp or bf4 on hardcore mode. Yes you will have the passive and the aggressive snipers which are two different types of game play. One is no better than the other its just a style of play. You can get around snipers easy. A good sniper will always change his position which will make him hard to find and eliminate but that adds reality to the game and in my opinion makes you think more instead of just run and gun.  What I think would be good for everybody and more realistic would be the ability to have access to more height in buildings and more cover at flag points, that way non snipers can also scope out there surroundings.  More height locations (ex. roof tops, porches, third floor windows, crane bars) would gives more dimension to the game. This keeps the game from getting boring, knowing that its going to be harder to take flags. You would have to rely more on drones and recon and probably slow the game tactics down instead of just running from point to point. As a sniper player its not just about instant kill but a lot of recon and spotting. Its more of a challenge to find your enemy than to eliminate them. It is also beneficial to help your team get kills and maintaining objectives to win the round. Yes there are times I like to go solo or lone wolf and kill just for the fun of it. Its harder than everybody thinks playing sniper role, missing a target and giving away your location means your probably going to get killed by an assault rife. 

On 6/25/2019 at 8:32 PM, mardell said:

I think we could regularize the pairing of weapons  using the weight system

op pairing:

battle rifles and RPG-7

assault rifles and RPG-7

Nox Vidmate VLC

precision sniper rifles and SMK

precision sniper rifles and assault rifles

for example, I would allow the precision sniper rifles pairing only pistols and shotguns.
Secondary weapon.

To be honest this feels like a very subjective and personal complaint of yours - maybe because you have troubles with snipers? You still have not explained why the weapon pairings are supposed to be op?

Edited by samwisewilton

"Sniper is OP" says the player standing still
Try strafing while you shoot. superior fire power of a AR should beat a Bolter when it comes to strafing.

• Like 2