tynblpb

Time to choose machineguns! v.2

I've started some time ago theme about how beautiful, wonderful, superior are machineguns.

https://forum.worldwar3.com/index.php?/topic/8013-time-to-choose-machine-guns/
But I was laughed at.? But now, noooooow, it's time for my comeback!? Now it's time for me to laugh. Here and there i see whining about HeliDrone being OP and how the whole team can't even scratch him. And I was: I've just destroyed it with less than half of my machinegun's ammobelt? But they again: HeliDrone is so OP!!! And I thought: there must be something to it. I need to check this out. And I checked.

So here is the story of Devious Devs and their Devious Plan. Plan How To Make Dem Noobs Suffer.

I think in the dark-dark room there was the meeting where they were discussing the yet to be added HeliDrone.

- So, they asked and we finally are ready to add the HeliDrone. But still, we have to find a way how to Make Dem Noobs Suffer. Any ideas?

And then someone, mb it was even @Kony, said:

- Imagine, that some guy found himself below the flying enemy HeliDrone. He is in safezone and thinks: Heh, I've gotcha. Soon, ye be dead, - He starts to shoot at HeliDrone with his AR.

- Aaaand?

- And we will make the armor plate on the bottom of the hull the thickest, so the full 100 7.62x54R rifle rounds ammobelt would deal only 50% of HP damage.?

helibottom.gif.867da837ec4571c6be68426d8deead7e.gif

- Great idea. And what else?

- We will make announcement, that rotor can be dmged too.

- But?

- But it will be as tough as the bottom armor. And even more, front armor will withstand up to 200 MG rounds too!

- Isn't it more like flying AFV now?

-Oh, don't worry, there will be weak zones. When shooting the sides there would be from 50 to 100-110 bullets needed to destroy HeliDrone. And the smaller will be angle the less dmg will be dealt. Though there will be ultraweak zone. All it takes is 40 shots to destroy HeliDrone if the bullets will hit here. From any angle. 40 bullets.

20190627204557_1.thumb.jpg.bb518093e84f9a32ae6575477dcbae00.jpg

weakzone.gif.7f00894ec88234b27fad613849e90f22.gif

But! We will say that the RPG is the best way to deal with Heli Drone, so almost noone would know that the MGs are the best choice weapon to oppose HeliDrone and only best players, who run with machineguns, would deserve this knowledge.

- And what about Assault Rifles?

- Who cares about Assault Rifle peasants? We will simply make 5.56 two times weaker.

Devs when adding HeliDrone.

evil.jpg.187711d61d45ac2a5aa6df357490db3e.jpg

Now who is laughing last? Now u understand that it's time to choose machineguns?

P.S. Tail is a weak zone too.

Edited by tynblpb
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

the sequel of your story is better that the prequel for sure

Image result for поп коÑн мем

1 час назад, Atway сказал:

the sequel of your story is better that the prequel for sure

I demand screen adaption from u!? There more ppl will know about it - the less whine there will be.

Few more things. I don't know how it is determined how much damage would be dealt, but one time when shooting to the main body of HeliDrone it's 40-50 bullets to destroy it, and at another time shooting to the same spot from the same distance it's 70-100-110 bullets to destroy. And I didn't find any regularity in this... With 1 but: it's happening much more often when shooting to the left side of the HeliDrone than to the right...

12.7 mm MGs shooting to the sides of HeliDrone destroy it with 20 bullets. Shooting to the weak zones is 10 bullets to destroy.

1 letdown. 30 mm guns need ~12 shells to destroy HeliDrone. I'll check this later but from first impression it doesn't matter where the hit landed. Fix this somehow, plz, devs.

Edited by tynblpb

10 minutes ago, tynblpb said:

I don't know how it is determined how much damage would be dealt, but one time when shooting to the main body of HeliDrone it's 40-50 bullets to destroy it, and at another time shooting to the same spot from the same distance it's 70-100-110 bullets to destroy

int damage = (int)(Math.random()*10) ?

Edited by Atway
  • Haha 1

You do know that friendly vehicles have damage reduction when you shoot them right? Unless they changed it. 

Also can we all stop with this OP heli drone stuff? The devs aren't going to nerf it any further 

Edited by Salt Lord

7 минут назад, Salt Lord сказал:

You do know that friendly vehicles have damage reduction when you shoot them right? Unless they changed it. 

Also can we all stop with this OP heli drone stuff? The devs aren't going to nerf it any further 

I do. But there is one more thing I know - all unmanned vehicles that aren't under control ATM(doesn't  matter was it due jammer's  work or because operator pressed F) count as neutral. Why do u think HeliDrone icon's color differs from that of captured A2 on background? And there is last frame of the 2nd gif where u can see half-captured neutral CP icon and its color and color of the HeliDrone icon are the same.

And, following ur logic, if allied HeliDrone  is receiving reduced dmg, then enemy HeliDrones should be destroyed even faster?

And finally, though I was first who called HeliDrone OP, I stopped doing that long time ago.

Have you guys tried using the RCWS light cannon with heat rounds. It is a great counter for the heli, they do about 10 to 15 damage per hit and you have a 30 round belt that reloads pretty fast. A UGV with that is like an AA.

Cool except the balance completely changes map to map, on Berlin you can only scratch it before it's on a roofline again

59 minutes ago, nubbits said:

on Berlin you can only scratch it before it's on a roofline again

Same with the amount of trees on Smolensk, but at least gameplay changes from map to map