Sign in to follow this  
†FeuerEuphorie†

Burst-Mode and Realism

Since, I remember, 0.4, gunplay became something strange. A random side kick was added, and burst and semi-auto fire mods started to have less recoil, than full auto.  That should have been forced assault rifle operators to burst, but seems absurd and unrealistic. But bursting is important side of gunplay, so, how to make players having benefit form bursting?
We have a few in-game vairables, that affect gunplay.

Let's call them recoil, spread, sway, first shot multiplier. recoil angle, recoil decreasing and bloom per shot.

Recoil depends primary on muzzle energy and weapon weight, So bursting has no benefits against full auto (except, ofc, some specific weapon, such as AN-94,  or Baryshev 7.62).

Spread depends on many aspects, like barrel lenght, barrel quality, barrel vibration, ect. No burst benefits.

Sway depends on weapon handling and weapon weight. No burst benefits.

First shot multier is primary in-game parameter No burst benefits.

Bloom per shot and recoil angle still can't see any benefits.

And recoil decreasing.

It's fully in-game parameter. In real life returning to aimpoint depends a lot more of operator, than the weapon. And, mb, ther can be some benefits. Imagine, your game character in burst mode has only to move aim point back. And in full-auto, he had to stop pulling the trigger (1st action), then the breechblock stops, an weapon has some minor kick (2nd action) and the character moves aim point back (3rd action). So in burst-mode you can have less time to move aim point back.

So, suggestion is to buff recoil decreasing in burst mode and revert old pre 0.3-0.4 recoil pattern (ofc, recoil patterns for different weapon should be different for gunplay diversity, just remove ramndom side kick), that will increase effective rate of fire in long-range shooting and give player good reasons to use burst mode.

Edited by †FeuerEuphorie†

first videos I saw in version 0.3.

the weapon mechanism is praised in 0.3...

(I don't know, because I'm only in the WW3 since 0.6)

but i like the current weapon mechanism.

Edited by mardell

I would like to see it like that: 4th shot would have something like x0.8 recoil of the gun without attachments, 5th - x0.9, 6th, 7th, 8th and so on would have full recoil of the weapon without attachments.

But it'll be kinda hardcore for the majority and thus wouldn't be welcomed...

And without random side kicks...

There's really no way to change this without changing the BTK because it is much more efficient to shoot in full auto than take two full bursts at an enemy, and at the moment I'm fairly happy with the BTK.

I have found that (at least with the M417) spamming single fire rounds is WAY more effective than fully automatic; the recoil is next to nothing and you can even shoot faster than the assigned RPM the weapon usually has on full-auto.

This method is only effective on weapons with high caliber ammunition, though. AR's have way higher RPM which is better to use than single or burst mode imo.

Sign in to follow this