Sign in to follow this  
ackstorm

Detection of the enemy

I've noticed enemies manage to slip up on me again, and again, and again.  I have no idea they are near because they dont make a sound.

• At it's most basic level, I would HIGHLY recommend you add enemy footsteps.   
    • How loud they are should be dependent on how fast they are moving
    • Sneaking silently should still be possible for those that move very slowly
    • It should be harder to sneak when your weight is heavy
      • It's about how much weight is pressing down on your footsteps, not how heavy your armor is
    • I'm hearing from other than this already exists, but I have yet to notice any enemy footstep sounds. 

• This is WW3, not WW2, or WW1.   The ability to carry equipment that assists in detection should exist.
    • Gun-Cameras to peek around corners
      • Not to shoot, just to peek

• Thermal Optics (come on, this has existed for a long time!)
      • Via mounted optics on your gun
        • Best to provide/modify certain optics to have thermal always-on, so that you have to toggle between primary/secondary to use it
        • It appears these already exist, although I am confused why I cannot mount one on my SA80 while also mounting a grip. 
        • In fact I can ONLY use it on the stock handgrip, any other handgrip refuses to allow it. 
      • Via binoculars you have to put your gun away to use
        • Holding a key to bring them up would be better than having to switch back and forth

• Kill Camera
    • I don't care if the camera is obscured or otherwise 'not precise' so long a I have the general idea where they came from
Edited by ackstorm
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, ackstorm said:

I would HIGHLY recommend you add enemy footsteps.   

there are and they are quite good noticable. check your headset

11 minutes ago, ackstorm said:

Thermal Optics (come on, this has existed for a long time!)

• Via mounted optics on your gun

image.thumb.png.fcba5fe2bd621c84a199576eb2f9b697.png

whats wrong with thermal scopes here?

39 minutes ago, Atway said:

there are and they are quite good noticable. check your headset

image.thumb.png.fcba5fe2bd621c84a199576eb2f9b697.png

whats wrong with thermal scopes here?

Oh snap, I didn't see that in the optics.    I'll look again, thanks!

I have not heard a single enemy footstep.   I've not been wearing a headset either though, so I am assuming they are only loud enough to hear if you have a headset on. 

Do the thermal scopes require leveling to unlock? They are RED for me, with no price listed. 

2 minutes ago, ackstorm said:

I have not heard a single enemy footstep.   I've not been wearing a headset either though, so I am assuming they are only loud enough to hear if you have a headset on. 

hear footsteps quite well, sometimes start shooting guided only by it

1 minute ago, ackstorm said:

Do the thermal scopes require leveling to unlock? They are RED for me, with no price listed. 

nothing in the game requires leveling to unlock. Probably you have to change the rail

2 minutes ago, Atway said:

hear footsteps quite well, sometimes start shooting guided only by it

nothing in the game requires leveling to unlock. Probably you have to change the rail

Usually it says that its restricted by the rail, in this case I didnt see any warning about it.  I'll try that.

1 minute ago, ackstorm said:

Usually it says that its restricted by the rail, in this case I didnt see any warning about it.  I'll try that.

weapon?

22 minutes ago, Atway said:

image.thumb.png.e6494a5897bff81ad3c0cd973e87118d.png

I've just confirmed, I had the CBQ hard-guard and that was blocking it.  Still, weird that i did not see a message *about* hand-guard being the reason.  I could have sworn I saw that very error message on other guns before. 

ok, this is strange.  ANY handguard I equip does not allow the thermal scope.

The only exception to this, is if I change the weapon, and change back, with the default hand-guard.  

Even if i equip the SA80 Hand-guard or SA80 Classic hand-guard after equipping, the scope cannot be mounted.

Additionally, the default hand-guard cannot take any kind of grip - at all. 

Which means the only way to use a thermal scope on the SA80 is without any kind of hand-guard or grip. ☹️

Kill camera has no place in this game.  I can agree with the other stuff though.

sometimes secondary sight is too big to eqip any big sight like thermal scopes

15 hours ago, oos78 said:

sometimes secondary sight is too big to eqip any big sight like thermal scopes

I dont get far enough to equip a secondary sight.    As soon as I change the handgrip to *any* handgrip, other than the default,  I cannot pick a single primary thermal scope.  

This is only the SA80 which seems to be bugged.  If I try this on a G36 it works just fine with other handgrips.

Edited by ackstorm

Sign in to follow this