suchamoneypit

Mephisto strike is expensive, WCMD is cheap.

I think there might need to be some re-balance on these strikes. The Mephisto, although quite powerful, is directed on a specific spot and hits a pretty general area. I would say the Mephisto is equal power to the WCMD, but costs WAY more. Especially as a active squad leader getting tons of strikes, Im dropping many WCMDs one after another and just absolutely decimating enemies when paired with a flying eye to see where the enemy is moving. The Mephisto cost me a whopping 50K to unlock, but I almost never use it because the WCMD is just so inexpensive compared to it (both in battlepoint cost and the cost of unlocking the strike), and its arguable better because its a large carpet bomb, that can also kill vehicles, and I set it, and then I can run. Often I will launch the WCMD, then immediately charge an enemy position and mop up the survivors who are still disoriented. The Mephisto is arguable around the same damage, but I cannot move while using it. Its definitely better in the sense that If I know where an enemy vehicle is, I can specifically target it and take it out, whereas with the WCMD I risk the chance of the vehicle moving out.

My suggestion would be to look at either reducing the battlepoint cost to the Mephisto, or raise the battlepoint cost of the WCMD, or to lower the buy in price of the Mephisto at least. 

I use these strikes personally to devastating effect on the enemy team every game, so its not even in the interest of me to suggest this. I usually #1 in the game 90% of the time and these are the strikes that im mopping up the enemy with. The only time I ever use the Mephisto over the WCMD is when I have a huge stockpile of battle points and I need to guarantee a target is killed (like a tank) to allow infantry to proceed.

Edited by suchamoneypit

JDAM honestly beats all the strikes. No point in running anything else.

• Confused 1

1 hour ago, Boursk said:

JDAM honestly beats all the strikes. No point in running anything else.

The WCMD is better than the JDAM and costs the exact same amount of battle points. I heavily disagree. the wide width of the WCMD consistently kills a lot more infantry (and vehicles!) and lets you blanket bomb key areas like capture points much easier. JDAM is a 6 meter width and WCMD is 15m, while still being long enough to easily cover an entire capture point, and then some. Im sure there might be some narrow corridors on some maps the JDAM would be good for, but the WCMD is much better in every other way and is much more deadly in a lot more scenarios. Sounds like you've never tried out the WCMD...Or you just don't know how to effectively use it.

Whatever the JDAM can do, the WCMD can do better.

Edited by suchamoneypit

2 hours ago, suchamoneypit said:

The WCMD is better than the JDAM and costs the exact same amount of battle points

not better, they are different. WCMD is good for CPs, JDAM is good for long and narrow streets like A2 street on Warsaw or narrow area between the Kremlin wall and palace on Moscow

5 minutes ago, Atway said:

not better, they are different. WCMD is good for CPs, JDAM is good for long and narrow streets like A2 street on Warsaw or narrow area between the Kremlin wall and palace on Moscow

Certainly there are places just like that are better for the JDAM, which I acknowledge, but I think the WCMD is also very good in the locations too - if anything, the JDAM is only slightly better and only in those place, but the WCMD's massively increased width gives you a MUCH wider margin of error, which is why I strongly believe its better than the JDAM in 95% of use cases. I have used the WCMD to great effect in the locations you list. Its not like the length of the WCMD is wimpy, its quite long still. Maybe the JDAM needs a battlepoint requirement increase too.

Edited by suchamoneypit

4 minutes ago, suchamoneypit said:

Certainly there are places just like that are better for the JDAM, which I acknowledge, but I think the WCMD is also very good in the locations too - if anything, the JDAM is only slightly better and only in those place, but the WCMD's massively increased width gives you a MUCH wider margin of error, which is why I strongly believe its better than the JDAM in 95% of use cases. I have used the WCMD to great effect in the locations you list. Its not like the length of the WCMD is wimpy, its quite long still. Maybe the JDAM needs a battlepoint requirement increase too.

well, I agree that WCMD is more useful in most cases, although JDAM has its place too. I did 8 kills with it on the A2 Warsaw street - killed all of them along the whole street. That is the point that you have a choise what to use and all depends on the situation.

• Like 3

You do realize that mephisto and stormbreaker are meant for vehicles right? And bombing runs are very easy to dodge while you pretty much can't dodge a mephisto 

• Like 2

I have an anti tank loadout with an RPG and only artillery/bombing run strikes so that I can use what is most effective at the time.

Mephisto cost so much because you can't miss your target (unless the tank guy has the jammer).

A decent tank player will move out of the way the second he hears a plane flying.