suchamoneypit

Let infantry pop tires on vehicles

Infantry can shoot vehicles optics and really change an engagement (which is a awesome feature in the game) but it would be really nice if a infantry could also shoot vehicles tires, especially ones on IFVs, to slow them and lower their maneuverability.

The tires of IFVs like the BTR-90 are thick Kevlar but they aren't invincible. I'd like to see more modules like this, tank tracks are another one for example.

Agreed heavily. Fights with vehicles would be more dynamic and would truly feel epic to engage in.

But I do love frisbee tossing c4 onto unsuspecting tankers too 

8 hours ago, suchamoneypit said:

if a infantry could also shoot vehicles tires

later in ww3

Image result for полиÑейÑкие ежи

I personally would like to see overall stronger vehicles that require more planning and skill to take out rather than just bombard with RPG. Using things like C4 and mines or shooting the optics always feels awesome, however this is detracted by the ease with which RPGs can take out most vehicles.

• Thanks 1

30 minutes ago, nubbits said:

I personally would like to see overall stronger vehicles that require more planning and skill to take out rather than just bombard with RPG. Using things like C4 and mines or shooting the optics always feels awesome, however this is detracted by the ease with which RPGs can take out most vehicles.

I believe this could be solved with making the RPG a gadget. Right now, you have basically no reason to not put in in your secondary slot. If it was a gadget you would have to sacrifice ammo or meds for it. 

Right now, if you show up in a vehicle every single player pulls out a RPG, which is kind of hilarious. I always feel like I came to the wrong neighborhood. ?

APS counters it a bit, though.

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

17 minutes ago, PartTimeAHole said:

I believe this could be solved with making the RPG a gadget. Right now, you have basically no reason to not put in in your secondary slot. If it was a gadget you would have to sacrifice ammo or meds for it. 

it would not be a great sacrifice to sacrifice meds, or ammunition.

because the creators, with ammunition and meds packed full the map putting...

Gadgets dont add weight at the moment; letting RPGs be a gadget defeats the purpose of it being so heavy in the first place

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

12 часов назад, suchamoneypit сказал:

Infantry can shoot vehicles optics and really change an engagement (which is a awesome feature in the game) but it would be really nice if a infantry could also shoot vehicles tires, especially ones on IFVs, to slow them and lower their maneuverability.

Sorry to disappoint u, but all russian armу wheeled vehicles for many years have ability to reinflate tires, so shooting them with handheld weapons is inefficient.

3 hours ago, tynblpb said:

Sorry to disappoint u, but all russian armу wheeled vehicles for many years have ability to reinflate tires, so shooting them with handheld weapons is inefficient.

A tire can be reinflated after being hit be an RPG? Or C4? Or a anti-tank mine?

There wouldn't be any tire left to Inflate. The devs have said they aren't going for 100% realism in the game. They said they aren't making a simulator, they want people to have fun. 

Edited by suchamoneypit

39 minutes ago, suchamoneypit said:

A tire can be reinflated after being hit be an RPG? Or C4? Or a anti-tank mine?

There wouldn't be any tire left to Inflate. The devs have said they aren't going for 100% realism in the game. They said they aren't making a simulator, they want people to have fun. 

if the rubber vehicles slow down at the time of the injury...

is equal to the balance...

then infantry also will move more slowly if it is damaged?

3 hours ago, mardell said:

if the rubber vehicles slow down at the time of the injury...

is equal to the balance...

then infantry also will move more slowly if it is damaged?

Again, the devs arent going for a simulator. Vehicle damage and a module type system that was recommended by another player is a feature in games like Arma 3, which are indeed simulator games. You're worried about it being unbalanced that a vehicle with no tires might have trouble turning when there are instant healing medpacks and platforms which magicaly repair vehicles that have been RPG'd?

After getting double tandem hit and dying instantly in a upgraded wolverine I think that this would be to much of a nerf. The one thing an IFV or a wheeled AFV has going for it is it's speed and mobility, to take that away with bullets would be brutal.

6 hours ago, NeoOrNeon said:

After getting double tandem hit and dying instantly in a upgraded wolverine I think that this would be to much of a nerf. The one thing an IFV or a wheeled AFV has going for it is it's speed and mobility, to take that away with bullets would be brutal.

As I have said, I think vehicles should definitely be buffed, and instead favour more strategic options like C4, mines, airstrikes etc. over the RPG. In Warzone, most players die fast enough that they can just respawn with an AT loadout that allows them to severely damage vehicles from a quite large distance. I think the RPG as an AT weapon could be nerfed, because the current meta encourages this sort of brainless tactic of rushing enemy tanks with the hope that the rest of the team's RPGs will have worn out their APS already rather than trying to think tactically and come up with a smarter solution.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, NeoOrNeon said:

As is true in real life, small caliber weapons wouldn't be super effect, ideally it would require quite a few rounds to take out a single tire. And maybe don't even add it for IFVs, doing something like letting RPGs disable the tracks on a tank could be added. Not sure if the Devs would prefer a more Arma style vehicle play, or a more battlefield style.

39 minutes ago, nubbits said:

As I have said, I think vehicles should definitely be buffed, and instead favour more strategic options like C4, mines, airstrikes etc. over the RPG. In Warzone, most players die fast enough that they can just respawn with an AT loadout that allows them to severely damage vehicles from a quite large distance. I think the RPG as an AT weapon could be nerfed, because the current meta encourages this sort of brainless tactic of rushing enemy tanks with the hope that the rest of the team's RPGs will have worn out their APS already rather than trying to think tactically and come up with a smarter solution.

Honestly its not as bad as I think most people make it out to. Sure, the free vehicles that spawn are quite vulnerable to RPGs, but a good driver is self aware of his especially weak rear, and if you're putting yourself in a position where and enemy infantry can rush you, get behind you, and RPG, then you are already overextending where armored vehicles should be. A good driver stays back and uses his superior firepower and better front armor to stay alive. Whenever im in a tank/IFV I'm always aware and actively re-positioning my vehicle so any potential enemy attackers will be positioned at my front (thats not to say I don't occasionally overextend or get outplayed). If an enemy infantry can outplay you, then thats just what happened, you got outplayed. Not only does skill make the low-armored free vehicles pretty effective if you know what you're doing, if you invest the money into really maxing out a more premium strike vehicle option, it can be outfitted with a large amount of counter-measures that make it much easier to survive, as well as much more deadly. And don't forget thats all you have to do, survive, if you survive an enemy AT attack, and get out, you can get back to base, repair, and be back in action in your fully rearmed and healed, overpowered tank. As long as you don't let the enemy get the wonder shot on the rear if you got no countermeasures, you can simply pull out and repair. When the game first came out, I used to run maxed out tanks with a friend and just us two could easily shut down entire games (I prefer infantry play nowadays and don't use vehicles much). Even if the enemy started rocketing us like crazy, we could simply pull back and repair (and with 2 vehicles, the pressure on the enemy is constant, even if one guy is repairing, and you're only gone for like 40 seconds). You could argue strikes could kill you, but cheaper strikes like airstrikes and artillery can again be easily avoided by good drivers (even tanks can drive very fast). If you forget and don't avoid the strike, you deserve to be killed by it. That's the point of a skill based game. The best counter would be the aptly high-priced Mephisto strike. Its really the only time I use it, to eliminate a enemy vehicle that's steamrolling our team. Enemy infantry shooting out your optics is also a great counter, but you can still limp back and repair the optics which I have done many times.

I don't think the RPG is overpowered, I think players just need to learn how to better use their vehicles. Maybe just add some drop on the RPG to make it less effective at range. This isn't BF4, you can't just steamroll in with a vehicle, get yourself surrounded by infantry, and not expect to get one-shot because you left your rear exposed - as is true in real life. If you're smart and stay back and just provide support and prevent large enemy infantry pushes, you can still dominate using vehicles.

4 hours ago, nubbits said:

From my perspective vehicles are far to weak. Me and my squad easily take down most armor in a few seconds and I like the idea of making vehicles more challenging however from the noobies perspective they simply can't handle doing anything other than RPG spam.