suchamoneypit

Anti-Tank Mines need some work

Anti-tank mines although useful (I always run them) are pretty wonky right now. One, there have been DOZENs of instances of enemy vehicles literally driving right over my mines, and they do not detonate. At first I thought maybe they had a timer, so you couldn't just whip mines out that are instantly effective, but it seems even if they have a good 20+ seconds of sitting, they still aren't triggered. It seems more or so they have a mind of their own when it comes to detonating, or there is a longer timer before they become "active" im unaware of. Nothing is more frustrating than hearing an enemy tank in the distance, proactively mining a corridor in advance, then seeing the enemy vehicle literally PARK on top of my mine 15 seconds later and it doesn't detonate. This has happened multiple times where I've seen an enemy vehicle literally stop on top of my mine and it doesn't detonate, or drive over it with its wheels and have no detonation. Maybe its something to do with vehicle hitboxes? One thing I can do is if i walk up to an enemy vehicle, I can launch a mine to be slightly under it, and it'll explode after around 2-5 seconds and kill it. Other times I do the exact same thing, and the mine never goes off. Even If I place one in the front AND rear of the vehicle, and if the enemy drives the vehicle off my mines, even when I have one set at the front and rear, they STILL don't detonate. There just seems to be no consistency. And it sucks to sprint into enemy fire, get a mine placed (sometimes even both!), get killed, and then the enemy vehicle literally backs off the mine and it doesn't detonate; especially when it could be a game changing kill like on an enemy MRAP.

Secondly, the physics of throwing them is very unpredictable. I've have throws where it flings a comical 20ft away from me, and I've had throws where it plops down a mere 1ft in front of me. I try jumping, running, ect, to try and affect the physics of the throw, but it truly feels unpredictable as to how the mine's physics will take over once I throw the mine. The only outcome that is predictable is when you are standing completely still and deploy the mine. When im in the heat of combat, and trying to place a mine in a specific spot, it can get frustrating when the mine decides to have a mind of its own and I can't seem to figure out how to replicate far throws or short throws.

Thirdly, even though half the time my mines simply don't work, it is slightly broken how every spawn, I can thrown down 2 mines, and they stay forever it seems. And If i respawn, and thrown down more, they keep stacking. Me and my friend can have an easy 8+ mines all over the place. If you fix the detonation issues, it could get a bit trolly if an enemy squad who is actually strategizing just throws mines everywhere; maybe limit the amount of active mines a player could have, or make them spawn with only a single mine to reduce how quickly a single player can mine up an area. Players don't seem to be abusing this power yet, but that doesn't mean it shouldn't be looked at.

Edited by suchamoneypit
  • Like 1

25 minutes ago, suchamoneypit said:

One, there have been DOZENs of instances of enemy vehicles literally driving right over my mines, and they do not detonate

just defective ones :) Ask manufacturer for customer support.

But if seriously, its not a problem of landmines, but surfaces they are placed on

27 minutes ago, suchamoneypit said:

Secondly, the physics of throwing them is very unpredictable.

true 100%. Sometimes you throw it right on the place where you stand, sometimes you throw it 20000 miles away from you.

• Haha 2

Well, devs know about it already as I've made few themes about it. But it's not bad to remind them one more time.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, tynblpb said:

Well, devs know about it already as I've made few themes about it. But it's not bad to remind them one more time.

Sorry, should have searched for those posts. My last point on being able to fill the map with anti-tank mines still stands though, especially if they fixed the detonation issue.

It's annoying but hilarious to see the mine fly 5 metres in a random direction, especially considering how crazily it spins when doing this

9 minutes ago, nubbits said:

It's annoying but hilarious to see the mine fly 5 metres in a random direction

next time try to throw (yeah, exactly "throw", not "placing" :D ) onto buggy - you`ll get a nice landmine break dance

• Haha 2

LEAVE DANCING TANKMINES ALONE! D- : They do no harm!

Edited by Boursk
  • Haha 1

9 часов назад, suchamoneypit сказал:

Sorry, should have searched for those posts. My last point on being able to fill the map with anti-tank mines still stands though, especially if they fixed the detonation issue.

6 mines per player on the battlefield. Sry, but no minefields.

Was testing mines placement. If u try to place mines while crouching they'll fall on the ground directly in front of u and ~1.5 away without any unexpected "flyaways".

Edited by tynblpb

2 hours ago, tynblpb said:

Was testing mines placement. If u try to place mines while crouching they'll fall on the ground directly in front of u and ~1.5 away without any unexpected "flyaways".

6 is the actual limit?

19 minutes ago, Boursk said:

6 is the actual limit?

Possibly , I have only personally tested up to 4 mines per person. 

3 hours ago, tynblpb said:

So 84 deployable mines at once is balanced when most maps can have all key corridors covered with 5-10 mines when mines are also a one-hit? Yeah, sounds balanced. And players agree, mine placement is wonky. I already said you can replicate mine throws only when standing still and it's placed right in front of you. The problem is I'm not standing perfectly still like a perfect target when I deploy mines. I'm on the move. I'm glad it works for you but for me being a fast moving player it's not working right 80-90% of the time in a predictable way, so it's a problem that needs to be looked at. 

The devs want feedback. Mines aren't perfect. I'm explaining why. You seem to really be negative in all suggestions for improving the game. Do you just want the game in early access forever? Working on little things like these are what make a game polished. 

Edited by suchamoneypit

33 минуты назад, suchamoneypit сказал:

You seem to really be negative in all suggestions for improving the game. Do you just want the game in early access forever

Emmm... Where did that came from? If u don't understand that my suggestion was "till it's done(reworked, fixed, etc.) if u want to place mines more or less predictably - do like that", u can think all u want what I'm against of.

51 минуту назад, Boursk сказал:

6 is the actual limit?

Yes. When u place 7th mine 1st will disappear.

1 hour ago, tynblpb said:

Emmm... Where did that came from? If u don't understand that my suggestion was "till it's done(reworked, fixed, etc.) if u want to place mines more or less predictably - do like that", u can think all u want what I'm against of.

Yes. When u place 7th mine 1st will disappear.

Good to know!