tynblpb

Pandora box - C4-Quadrocopter.

Okay tynblpb, you literally fucked up the game :D  - now the devs need to fix this really fast the heli drone will be dangerous and annoying as flea in comparison of this  :) .

With the introduction of Breakthrough mode my first thought was about this theme. I'm sure few weeks ago MiniDrone C4ying was fixed already. I think I need to refresh memories about QuadrocopterC4.

Or there would be no point in Breakthrough mode.

@weedtime, mb start and pin "Breakthrough" theme in PTE part?

4 hours ago, tynblpb said:

With the introduction of Breakthrough mode my first thought was about this theme. I'm sure few weeks ago MiniDrone C4ying was fixed already. I think I need to refresh memories about QuadrocopterC4.

Or there would be no point in Breakthrough mode.

@weedtime, mb start and pin "Breakthrough" theme in PTE part?

It will be ready when BT hit PTE servers, I don't want to create topic until players become familiar with this game mode in the state that the developers will present it to us according to their idea - after that, we can discuss changes, what we like or don't like and other improvements.

Well, I hope this would be fixed BEFORE Breakthrough will hit PTE(not talking about live) because cheap asshole tactics with C4-Quadrocopter bombing would destroy this mode. I've lost all illusions about ppl being good long ago with the proof when some ppl were using texture glitch near C2 Berlin even on PTE...

c4quad.gif.e1d79089ecbab217547e6a9543ad2261.gif

This is quadrocopter from 20 mins ago.

@weedtime, could u plz draw dev's attention to this bug one more time? Sorry if I'm annoying.

16 hours ago, tynblpb said:

Well, I hope this would be fixed BEFORE Breakthrough will hit PTE(not talking about live) because cheap asshole tactics with C4-Quadrocopter bombing would destroy this mode. I've lost all illusions about ppl being good long ago with the proof when some ppl were using texture glitch near C2 Berlin even on PTE...

c4quad.gif.e1d79089ecbab217547e6a9543ad2261.gif

This is quadrocopter from 20 mins ago.

@weedtime, could u plz draw dev's attention to this bug one more time? Sorry if I'm annoying.

No problem!

IMO there is nothing wrong with placing explosives on equipment or other drones. Such moves present a flexible nature of the game and allow to think out of the box. ;)

It's the same level of "exploit" like jihad jeep, jeep with claymores on the hood or other "meme" tactics from bf3 (anyone remember blowing out EOD repair bot with c4 right over the enemies back in Rush?).

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, Zari said:

IMO there is nothing wrong with placing explosives on equipment or other drones. Such moves present a flexible nature of the game and allow to think out of the box. ;)

It's the same level of "exploit" like jihad jeep, jeep with claymores on the hood or other "meme" tactics from bf3 (anyone remember blowing out EOD repair bot with c4 right over the enemies back in Rush?).

Same with Suicide motors in squad, where you put an IED on a vehicle, drive it into the enemies tank or FOB and blow it up after jumping out. It's a legitimate tactic, only here you don't have a chance of dying in the process, it's a free kill/objective if done right

41 минуту назад, Zari сказал:

So, then let's wait for Breakthrough mode and I'll try to make this mode an unpleasant experience for defenders as they wouldn't be able to defend the objectives.

As of now it's 1200BP strike to kill anyone.

Przed chwilą, tynblpb napisał:

So, then let's wait for Breakthrough mode and I'll try to make this mode an unpleasant experience for defenders as they wouldn't be able to defend the objectives.

As of now it's 1200BP strike to kill anyone.

Quadrocopter, or any other flying "thing" is in fact very easy to take down - if spotted early enough.
Breakthrough might be more an "unpleasant experience" for defenders because the majority of sunday players don't know how to organize and execute the defence of two sites in the same time. :P
Looking at Warzone it might be a bigger problem than that.

11 минут назад, Zari сказал:

Quadrocopter, or any other flying "thing" is in fact very easy to take down - if spotted early enough

If it's diving from 120-150m altitude it's not that easy. And in relatively CQC there is such thing as Smoke Grenades. And Quadrocopters have InfraRed vision. And C4 attached to Quadrocopter would explode anyway even if the latter was destroyed by defenders.

I don't think defenders would have any chances to win. But as I said, let's wait and we will see.

25.09.2019 в 11:18, Zari сказал:

Quadrocopter, or any other flying "thing" is in fact very easy to take down - if spotted early enough.
Breakthrough might be more an "unpleasant experience" for defenders because the majority of sunday players don't know how to organize and execute the defence of two sites in the same time. :P
Looking at Warzone it might be a bigger problem than that.

25.09.2019 в 11:40, tynblpb сказал:

If it's diving from 120-150m altitude it's not that easy. And in relatively CQC there is such thing as Smoke Grenades. And Quadrocopters have InfraRed vision. And C4 attached to Quadrocopter would explode anyway even if the latter was destroyed by defenders.

I don't think defenders would have any chances to win. But as I said, let's wait and we will see.

Well, as I was saying...

Add to the quote above this bug

and now C4-Quadrocopter is cheap tactic to destroy any vehicle u want. Now it's like a Loitering Ammo if we talk about it it exploding by impact. In fact better as it can not bounce off as Loitering Ammo. Explosion radius of a HellFire rocket. And damage higher than that of a Stormbreaker. 

All u need is to bump into a target, quadrocopter will self-destruct and C4 will explode. 5k+ tank? Pfff, who cares.

c4quadrocopter2.gif.0f99806ad92b0c7bcaf1cfa4d44a79a1.gif

5k+ AFV with f...ng  JAMMER equipped? Who cares. U have 5(!!!) secs to close this 15-20 meters distance and destroy the vehicle. It's was done to me.

SO, devs, I REALLY hope that when there will be works done on fixing vehicles and their modules, u'll will make so that jammer will jam ANY enemy drone in no more than 1 sec or in the future, when there will be more experienced players, nobody will pick vehicles as all the enemy need is 1200 BPs.

This still works after almost a year, and nothings been done about it? Damn they reacted to the Anders crashing the servers faster, and that only took 6 months.

At this point how is anyone shocked or surprised?

Posted (edited)
26 минут назад, PointShootAction сказал:

This still works after almost a year, and nothings been done about it? Damn they reacted to the Anders crashing the servers faster, and that only took 6 months.

At this point how is anyone shocked or surprised?

If u re-read the theme u'll find that devs count this as fair tactics and don't see anything wrong in C4's ability to stick to quadrocopter, that is physical object.

That is why u r still able to do it.

Me myself don't see anything radically wrong with that ability.

What I find wrong that there is nothing in WW3 that can be countermeasure to this tactic. And for WW3 being a game it is rly wrong as it is breaking balance. 

And I'm asking devs to make sure it'll be one way or another fixed before game's final version is released.

P.S. About Anders. Devs said that is/was not so easy to find what is causing PhysX crash even if u r trying ur best to sort it out.

Edited by tynblpb
  • Haha 1