suchamoneypit

Game says it requires 55GB of space - yet is uses over 90GB when installing

I had 88GB free on my SSD, started to install the game, it says it will use 55GB/88GB. 20 min later  my SSD has zero space. All 88GB free. I then free up another 10GB (when the game is at 17.5/19.7GB) and at 19/19.7GB and im out of space again.

Why is it using over 100GB of space to install the game?

after a PC restart after the game installed, the extra space was cleared - the fact still remains that steam told me it would be 55GB and in the end it used over 105GB to install. I had to clear off pretty much everything off my small SSD.

Edited by suchamoneypit

3 hours ago, suchamoneypit said:

after a PC restart after the game installed, the extra space was cleared - the fact still remains that steam told me it would be 55GB and in the end it used over 105GB to install. I had to clear off pretty much everything off my small SSD.

Wipe WW3 PTE.   Control Panel - remove program...

14 hours ago, mardell said:

Wipe WW3 PTE.   Control Panel - remove program...

PTE shows up as an entirely separate game in my steam library, which is not installed, and I never installed. Why would installing the game automatically install both versions, and not tell me?

55GB weight of the game it needs additional 55GB for repacking the files, when it's finished, additional 55GB will be released.